Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2006, 07:07 PM   #121
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Buy 'em now if your that way inclined, cause by all accounts, the VE will be heavier and slower....
Yeah and the 2030 Commodore in 14 years time will weigh 75tonnes and be even heavier and slower... what ever. The VE isn't out, the VZ is, its very fast, and it takes Fords almost top ranking car at much more cost to perform a bees dick better with all the slickest gear boxes and massive torque.

The tide starts to turn our way and a faster cheaper Holden is released and it quicky gushed back out to sea. Face it, they have simple formula and it keeps us honest. No use getting all excited when in reality, there isn't much change. You see we will whip ourselves into a frenzy and get all excited and complacent and all of a sudden we will be stairing at the tail lights of the VZ and making excuses as to why our slower car is slower and not faster. Credit were credit is due my friend. Which ever way you incline yourself.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 07:36 PM   #122
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
Yeah and the 2030 Commodore in 14 years time will weigh 75tonnes and be even heavier and slower... what ever. The VE isn't out, the VZ is, its very fast, and it takes Fords almost top ranking car at much more cost to perform a bees dick better with all the slickest gear boxes and massive torque.

The tide starts to turn our way and a faster cheaper Holden is released and it quicky gushed back out to sea. Face it, they have simple formula and it keeps us honest. No use getting all excited when in reality, there isn't much change. You see we will whip ourselves into a frenzy and get all excited and complacent and all of a sudden we will be stairing at the tail lights of the VZ and making excuses as to why our slower car is slower and not faster. Credit were credit is due my friend. Which ever way you incline yourself.
I think you've missed my point entirely. There was no "malice or mis-intent" towards you or Holden in my post. My point was quite simply, there's a good (and likely) chance that VZ SS (L76) will be the quickest "Holden branded" car for a while yet. If your "inclined" towards this brand then you should seriously consider this car, for this very reason.
I purchased my XR8 knowing full well the capability of the car and of it's peers, but, it tickles my fancy in a way the others don't and could never do. Holden has taken a mighty big (and necessary) risk by putting the VE motor into the VZ. They "may" face a significant backlash from: A) VZ LS1 owners as the resale will probably drop due to the performance of the VZ L76; B) VZ LS1 & L76 owners when it comes time to update to VE.
Consumers have good memories and many a company has learnt this the hard way.
Each to their own, it's a free market, and thank god it is....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #123
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
......Holden has taken a mighty big (and necessary) risk by putting the VE motor into the VZ.....
They had to put the VE V8 into the VZ because the VE launch was delayed almost six months. If VE was launched early 2006 as planned then this would have never occurred. Either Holden used the VE V8 in the VZ or they didn't build any V8 VZs in 2006 (except for the HSV models). And you know how popular that would have been. The 5.7 did not comply with Euro III emission regulations so Holden could no longer use that engine from the end of 2005.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #124
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT

Um, firstly, the year is 2006, not 2016.

Secondly, the ford is heavier as it does not have comprimises built into it like the suspension, lack of lateral support in the body, torsional strength etc. The ford does exceed Euro4 recommendations, the commodore merely scrapes in. Holden realise this and thusly the VE is to weigh more. Besides, you would have to be a total moron to buy a VZ now as after the VE comes out it will be worth over $10000 less.

As to getting all excited and complacent well which is it going to be?

I won't be staring at any VZ tail lights, some things to me matter more than how many commodores I can blast at the lights. Things like safety rate highly on my list. Things like how I will come out after a collision with something rate equally highly on my list. Frankly, if how fast you can blow people away at the lights is all you care about then I suggest you trade in and buy that Holden; would probably be a great match.

Quote: