Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #1
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default The tide is beginning to slowly turn our way.....

This thread makes for great reading.

Its good to be a Ford man.

FF

Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Of course the turbo's are going to be popular. There a fantastic looking car and they have the good to back it up. I want an F6 but the fact that i'm only 22 stuffs me up as no one will insure me.
Also FPV has been beating HSV in the sales. Here and NZ.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
gmhdriver
Banned

Meh. Don't gloat too soon, the tide can just as easily turn back around if Holden release a Turbo Alloytec in the VE and beyond. There have been twin turbo HFV6's in the states putting out figures like 1200hp, so the potential is definitely there.

On another note, while the XR6T's success is a good thing, the downside is that in about 10 years time when these cars become easily available to teenagers they are going to develop the most notorious fooly sick reputation imaginable, which is something most of you here despise.
gmhdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

thats an awesome read lol
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhdriver

On another note, while the XR6T's success is a good thing, the downside is that in about 10 years time when these cars become easily available to teenagers they are going to develop the most notorious fooly sick reputation imaginable, which is something most of you here despise.
And in ten years time the same thing will happen with the LS1, and there will be plenty of wogs and rednecks wrapping themselves around trees. I'm already reading of guys getting cheap LS1 motors and putting them into light cars (VS). So this goes both ways.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Meh. Don't gloat too soon, the tide can just as easily turn back around if Holden release a Turbo Alloytec in the VE and beyond. There have been twin turbo HFV6's in the states putting out figures like 1200hp, so the potential is definitely there.
jeez, do you realy need to have to stick your head up EVERY time something like this happens?? It's getting boring and repetitious and doesn't do your reputation any good.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #7
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok Ford develop the V8's now.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
jeez, do you realy need to have to stick your head up EVERY time something like this happens?? It's getting boring and repetitious and doesn't do your reputation any good.
Like flies to ИИИИ Jeff. Put up a post with ANY mention of a Holden in it and I'll give you 3 names that are a dead set shoe in to turn up.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #9
EL_futuraistic

I think what some ppl said about "closet ford fans" is true, and its also true that once any decent performance vehicle comes cheap enough for young ppl to afford they become a cult vehicle. Look at Silvia's, Skylines......cheap and easyily modified. I also think young people are turning back towards Xr's and SS's..... which is good. Thankfully most VLt's are now written off along with their WOOP WOOP Bov's.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #10
EL_futuraistic

[QUOTE=gmhdriver]Meh. Don't gloat too soon, the tide can just as easily turn back around if Holden release a Turbo Alloytec in the VE and beyond. There have been twin turbo HFV6's in the states putting out figures like 1200hp, so the potential is definitely there.

QUOTE]

and what if Ford realease a Twin Turbo GT putting out 2000hp, it might happen
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Like flies to ИИИИ Jeff. Put up a post with ANY mention of a Holden in it and I'll give you 3 names that are a dead set shoe in to turn up.
It's funny cause it's true. He's like a Jehovah's witness trying to convert everyone to buy Holden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_futuraistic
I think what some ppl said about "closet ford fans" is true, and its also true that once any decent performance vehicle comes cheap enough for young ppl to afford they become a cult vehicle.
I dont know about closet Ford fans. I think there are people that are brand loyal and there are people who will go toward the better product and ATM I believe that Ford have the better product. This opinion will be reassessed when the VE comes out.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #12
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hehe it's amazing the turnaround you get from the other side of the fence as soon as you mention turbo. Bloody car knowledge of a 16 yr old schoolgirl.

"OMG its got a turbo it must be full sik and I must mate with you"

Wakey wakey cat-lovers, Ford has tricks up their sleeves
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #13
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
What exactly is your problem? It is just another opinion just like the ones posted above and below mine. I am just having my say just as everybody else is here. That is the whole point of a forum isn't it?...for people to share their views and opinions? What do you want me to do, alter my thoughts and opinions to conform to your standards just to keep you happy? I have seen plenty of boring and repetitious stuff on here which you have turned a blind eye to. Don't pick on me just because you disagree with my opinions.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
What exactly is your problem? It is just another opinion just like the ones posted above and below mine. I am just having my say just as everybody else is here. That is the whole point of a forum isn't it?...for people to share their views and opinions? What do you want me to do, alter my thoughts and opinions to conform to your standards just to keep you happy? I have seen plenty of boring and repetitious stuff on here which you have turned a blind eye to. Don't pick on me just because you disagree with my opinions.
Damn, like music to my ears................. :

Old 09-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #15
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I 'pick on you' because you paint a massive target on yourself.
For the record, we have a VT commodore and have had it since brand new in 98. I don't hate holdens at all but I get really tired of people blabbering on like idiots every time. Much like I feel embarrassed when Ford people do it on Holden sites.
Please, just get over yourself.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #16
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Well it was a nice read & good to see not to much brand bashing.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #17
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII XR8 MAN
Well it was a nice read & good to see not to much brand bashing.
I agree ...one of those rare reasoned discussions :
Old 09-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #18
Falcon Freak
Banned

gmhdriver is a troll. Just ignore him.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:51 PM   #19
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Meh I dont care, XR6Ts are awesome cars and thats all I gotta say.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #20
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Thats 2.. one more and I have the 3 post hat trick!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #21
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
I 'pick on you' because you paint a massive target on yourself.
For the record, we have a VT commodore and have had it since brand new in 98. I don't hate holdens at all but I get really tired of people blabbering on like idiots every time. Much like I feel embarrassed when Ford people do it on Holden sites.
Please, just get over yourself.
So what did you find so wrong with what I originally said? There was no brand bashing involved. All I was trying to say was there is no point getting c0cky about it as the tide can just as easily turn back.
I also said that the success of the XR6T was a good thing, however it will inevitably develop a notorious reputation, which is a fact, regardless of it being a ford.

I think some of you are too quick to jump to the wrong conclusions.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #22
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
... like mentioning "VE", "twin turbo HFV6", and "1200hp" in the same sentence? :

There's fanboys and then there's fanboys... :ymca:
Old 09-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #23
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So what did you find so wrong with what I originally said? There was no brand bashing involved. All I was trying to say was there is no point getting c0cky about it as the tide can just as easily turn back.
I also said that the success of the XR6T was a good thing, however it will inevitably develop a notorious reputation, which is a fact, regardless of it being a ford.

Why can't we get c0cky ? the LS1 crowd until now were quite justfiably c0cky. I didn't see you over at LS1 telling them to stop being c0cky
We don't need yu to tell us what Holden may or may not have .. what you posted was just not relevant to the discussion and therefore worthy of comment.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #24
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
my ecotech v6, manual, extractors and fit rockers walks away from the n/a ba xr6 at speeds over 80-100k, havent had the chance to give one a run from standstill, but i think it would be even quicker than 1 down low. 180+kW barra engine, meh.
Sorry to go off topic but I ИИИИed my self laughing at this. Is this guy for real??

I drive an ecotec and there pretty gutless.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #25
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Sorry to go off topic but I ИИИИed my self laughing at this. Is this guy for real??

I drive an ecotec and there pretty gutless.
Delusion is such a sad thing to see.....

Old 09-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #26
Chris
AFF.com.au

Hey, they know its happening...............dont worry, the quad cammer situation is about to get a whole lot more ugly too!!!!

God its good to be a Ford man!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:19 PM   #27
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah that was like me before, I changed my name and had a "Built Ford tough" user title and a Ford av but I thought "f*** this, I own a Holden and damn proud of it".

I do agree that the Holden guys like me and you and the others should'nt have to change our thoughts and opinions just to suit a Ford forum, its a free world and we should be allowed to say what we wanna say. (While keeping in the rules of course which is what ive done, otherwise I would've gotten banned)

Last edited by Ryan; 09-02-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #28
WASP
Whipple Induced

Interesting thread (this one!..lol). I'm a long time member on LS1 but don't post that much, mainly read, observe and learn. I read that thread and I’m quite proud of their behaviour and general attitude towards the Ford product. To be honest most Holden enthusiasts are happy to discuss Ford topics amongst themselves, but if you add a Ford enthusiasts into the discussion everything appears to go south, even when it's not justified. One of the reasons I don’t post that much..lol Most of the regulars however are genuine and interesting to talk to.

As for the tide turning, I’m not sure about that but the turbo Falcons have earn’t the respect of many a Aussie car enthusiast, including me and I can’t see that changing in a hurry regardless of what the VE will bring. While Ford/FPV has their partner Prodrive, turbo engineering will become the blue performance brands biggest asset. A class leading Turbo Falcon, Territory and now Focus. What’s next?
Old 09-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #29
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
dont worry, the quad cammer situation is about to get a whole lot more ugly too!!!!
Spill it Chris!!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #30
gmhdriver
Banned

Quote:
Why can't we get c0cky ? the LS1 crowd until now were quite justfiably c0cky. I didn't see you over at LS1 telling them to stop being c0cky
We don't need yu to tell us what Holden may or may not have .. what you posted was just not relevant to the discussion and therefore worthy of comment.
Does everything always have to be so one sided here? Why can't you just accept an opinion from the other side in jest, especially when there was nothing malicious intended in the first place.

Geez the way some of you reacted one would think I personally insulted your mother or something.