Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Default Squeaky Rear Suspension

Its been happening for a while now but I didn't think much of it. The rear suspension squeaks. When I'm getting out of the car, it squeaks. If I push down on the tow bar, it squeaks. Basically if I make the rear suspension work, it squeaks.

Not really sure if its happening on the road or not since road noise covers the sound of the suspension. It happens cold and warm.

Should I be worried?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Take it back to ford ( eve though i shudder at saying that ) and get them to fix it, mind you they will prolly only just grease everything up and say "its normal to make those sounds" did that with the other halfs fiesta... morons they are.

failing that take it to a decent suspension place and get them to have a quick look and tell you whats wrong, then go back to ford and get it fixed under warranty.
Old 13-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Mine squeaks too exactly as you describe and I haven't thought too much of it but I think it's getting more noticable. I will mention it when it goes in for the 15,000km service.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Yeah I was hoping I wasn't alone. I do go through alot of speed humps though. Stupid administration at work decided that they needed 4 speed humps per half level of the carpark to curb "hoon" behaviour inside a carpark. I usually park on level 4 so thats (4x2x4) 32 speed humps every day.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
Old 21-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
Fusspot
Starter Motor

Default Suspension woes

No your not alone !
The first four months of ownership I was quite impressed with the ride of my Focus, but I have noticed degradation of ride quality even on reletively suburban roads. Feel like I am in a cocktail shaker.
The sqeaking has got progressivlely much worse with also some knocking being heard from underneath from front & rear driver side suspension on local city roads.
A Ford mechanic took it for a drive and said he could hear the knocking but on investigating underneath could find nothing. Ford told me they had lubricated the suspension bushes but the squeek is now worse.
Starting to get rather concerned.
Fusspot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Keep us updated on what you find out. I'm not likely to get mine into the service center until September.

Old 22-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #7
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Likewise. Which service department will you be taking yours to? I'll probably go to City Ford in Arncliffe.
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Thats the one I go to. They used to vacuum the inside of the car but they don't do it anymore. Yeah, I'm just lazy sometimes when it comes to the inside. heh