Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Burley
CRE.87V

Default AU XR Lag

hey all....just replaced plugs leads and fuel filter hoping to fix lag...it hasnt...still wants to surge or die slightly 1st into 2nd...wot could this be? if it was the fuel pump my car wouldnt run right? how do i tell if map sensor is stuffed

Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

Ckeck your oxygen sensors on the extractors. If the wire has come of or there faulty this would result in the car running really ruff
BLACKAUXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

my car had the same problem i replaced the fuel pump about $135 and it fixed it and never went better before it would die straight away got to the stage if i gunned it after going round a corner it would stall.

Jake
Old 27-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #4
Burley
CRE.87V

thanks guys..hibbz where did u get the pump from and how much? just changed the oxygen sensor...didnt seem to change it...the car has only done 106000kms so this seems odd
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post