Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What should I do?

due to a small amount of damage to my car I had to make a claim with my insurance. The front and back bumper bar plus a drivers door had to be replaced. I thought that seeing as the bumpers had to be replaced, I mite aswell get fiberglass BA GT bumpers. The panel beater was fine with this. He told me it was going to cost a little bit more because part of the kit had to be painted silver, and a little bit extra because there was a 7cm crack in the back bumper. This was all fine.

The car is almost ready after a month(finaly!) and he has finaly given me a price for the extra work. He said it was going to cost me $335 for the two tiny parts of the bumper painted silver and for the crack that had to be fixed. I need to know if this price is a little steep? he isnt fiting the bars because he said they dont fit perfectly, but he is still geting paid to fit normal bars. The insurance company has also paid to have a new door put on, but he has just bogged it up. Isnt that fraud?

Im thinking of telling him that im not going to pay that much seeing as he is just doing a dodgy on the door and not fiting the bars

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Talk to your insurance company. I'm sure they have a guarantee on the repairs.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #3
GTWHOA
Just cruisin

Yes that is very steep and dodgy dont pay a red cent until you get more info.
Old 23-02-2007, 10:25 PM   #4
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Get the assessors report off the insurance company and see what they authorised to be repaired. Bog or New Door?

At the end of the day its your car and you are entitled to copys of this information, together with a copy of the invoice for the repair work as you nned them to show whay work has been done on YOUR car when you sell it.

Most insurer's will hand it over if you ask for it but won't give it to you if you dont request it. Or you cna aks the repairer for it.........

Now other members will say this can not be done BUT give it a shot then go from there.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Get the assessors report off the insurance company and see what they authorised to be repaired. Bog or New Door?

At the end of the day its your car and you are entitled to copys of this information, together with a copy of the invoice for the repair work as you nned them to show whay work has been done on YOUR car when you sell it.

Most insurer's will hand it over if you ask for it but won't give it to you if you dont request it. Or you cna aks the repairer for it.........

Now other members will say this can not be done BUT give it a shot then go from there.
Thanks for the replys guys. I got a copy of what the insurance company authorised and they have paid for a new door.

I just think that $335 is to much to fix a small crack on a fiberglass bumper and to paint two small bits on the bumper silver

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 02:16 AM   #6
peedee

If your car did not have BA GT bumpers to start with the insurance company will only cough up the cost of fixing or replacing standard bars, unless they were on the car before the accident and were quoted as a non standard accessory on the policy
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 02:23 AM   #7
Kryton

yep, the door is dodgey. insurance paid for a new door, he bogged it up. tell the insurer.
as for the bar, its a little steep but it is a panel beater.
i got quoted to fix i small patch of rust and a respray on the ZL Fairlane by a panel beater......$7000!
ive looked around and could have this done for $1000
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
Steve
torque is your friend

Geez, $7000 to $1000 is a massive difference. What would the quality of the work be like? Some panel shops seem to charge a disproportionate amount more for a job because of reputation. I guess a good reputation can't be bought.
Old 24-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
I guess a good reputation can't be bought.
Yes it can, you just need good spindoctors! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #10
Kryton

the quality of his work is good, but i still wouldnt pay $7000 for a paint job.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

get a quote from another repairer for the same thing and compare