Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

Default aca 2nite

anyone watch it and what did u think about it?
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Nah I didn't what happened?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

about hoons aka(p platers/young people) putting everyone in danger and how the vic government, police wants to take their cars. and they really emphasised thats its p platers/young people
5speedeb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:29 PM   #4
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I heard they sped up the footage? Anyone record it or something? Can anyone post it up?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
Old 18-04-2005, 08:41 PM   #5
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Because it was BLOODY P plater's/young people, these ********'s ruin it for everyone else, I believe that they should have their vehicle's taken from them full stop, now I did some silly thing's when I was younger BUT I did them out of town and away from anyone else so I didn't harm anyone but myself, these kid's think they are invinceable, all they are is bloody dick's, they think it won't change and the police will not do anything, huh, I dread to see what it will be like in 20odd yr's, eventually the laws that be will change and no young driver's will be allowed to drive anything but a mophead, lol.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Today tonight wasnt much better. Local residents taking the law into their own hands and blocking a road, then calling the cops on the "hoons". One resident even reportedly grabbed someone's keys.
Old 18-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'd rather have the road blocked then my car rammed.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #8
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Yeah I saw it too.

I agree that its stupid for teen P platers to be out doing stupid shit with their cars and causing possible accidents but I hate the fact that the cops are hitting hard with everybody now because of it.

I also get pulled over by cops because I'm young and I got a car with an exhaust.
They just harass you. I havent even done anything wrong, one copper said it was a random breath test, then proceeded to search my car and tried to find anything wrong with my car to give me a ticket.
No wonder theres so much road rage, that stuff makes me mad!

Cops always harrass young drivers here.
I just wish I could pull a "getaway in stockholm" ie. fast car (eg. porsche 911) w/ illegal tint, no rego plates and do a runner letting the cops chase me all through town for a few hours then ditch the car somewhere and go home laughing all the way.

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel

Last edited by ssj_jaypee; 18-04-2005 at 09:11 PM.
ssj_jaypee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 09:03 PM   #9
Tiga_EL
Banned

yeah lol. i watched half of it too... funny thing is that these confiscating laws that theyre gunna trial or whatever.. theyre not gunna do much good... One of the VL dudes was like " if they confiscate my car... il just build another one thats even faster". Seriously though, some of the footage showed these dudes doing doughies in the middle of the road with minimal traffic, thatd be shit scary for any pensioner or similar. oh and another incident where some guy was making a video of him doing 170-180 with one hand on the wheels and one on the camera....!!!!!
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 09:14 PM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Yeah I saw it too.

I agree that its stupid for teen P platers to be out doing stupid shit with their cars and causing possible accidents but I hate the fact that the cops are hitting hard with everybody now because of it.

I also getting pulled over by cops because I'm young and I got a car with an exhaust.
They just harass you. I havent even dont anything wrong, one copper said it was a random breath test, then proceeded to search my car and tried to find anything wrong with my car to give me a ticket.
No wonder theres so much road rage, that stuff makes me mad!

Cops always harrass young drivers here.
I just wish I could pull a "getaway in stockholm" ie. fast car (eg. porsche 911) w/ illegal tint, no rego plates and do a runner letting the cops chase me all through town for a few hours then ditch the car somewhere and go home laughing all the way.
I know what you mean mate, but look at it from the cop's perspective, he doesn't know you and your image to him is your one of these people, it's just the way it is, we can thank these idiotic hoon's for placing us general good people into their catogory, I don't blame the police at all, how would they feel if they were out one night doing their job and one of these dick's hit and killed a inocent pedestrian, they would be one of the 1st on the scene, doing their job, they must feel like they a loosing the battle, they take one hoon of the road and another 3 are back on, and to make matter's worse they stop and try to keep these hoon's of our road's and make it safe for us all and then the next day the justice system let's them off and back onto the road to kill/endanger again, they must feel like it's a wate of time.
Old 18-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga_EL
yeah lol. i watched half of it too... funny thing is that these confiscating laws that theyre gunna trial or whatever.. theyre not gunna do much good... One of the VL dudes was like " if they confiscate my car... il just build another one thats even faster". Seriously though, some of the footage showed these dudes doing doughies in the middle of the road with minimal traffic, thatd be shit scary for any pensioner or similar. oh and another incident where some guy was making a video of him doing 170-180 with one hand on the wheels and one on the camera....!!!!!
And hopefully they do take his vehicle away from, eventually he will run out of money or wake up to himself, hopefully it's the latter.
Old 18-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #12
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
I know what you mean mate, but look at it from the cop's perspective, he doesn't know you and your image to him is your one of these people, it's just the way it is, we can thank these idiotic hoon's for placing us general good people into their catogory, I don't blame the police at all, how would they feel if they were out one night doing their job and one of these dick's hit and killed a inocent pedestrian, they would be one of the 1st on the scene, doing their job, they must feel like they a loosing the battle, they take one hoon of the road and another 3 are back on, and to make matter's worse they stop and try to keep these hoon's of our road's and make it safe for us all and then the next day the justice system let's them off and back onto the road to kill/endanger again, they must feel like it's a wate of time.
Yeah I hear ya.
This may sound harsh, but I think it would be better if they just let these hoons do their thing.
Its the only way they'll ever learn.
By letting them be stupid with their cars, sooner or later they will crash and suffer the consequences on their own. Then they will realise how stupid they are.
I reckon cops impounding their cars/giving out fines will only stir them up and make them cause even more trouble.

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 18-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya.
This may sound harsh, but I think it would be better if they just let these hoons do their thing.
By letting them be stupid with their cars, sooner or later they will crash and suffer the consequences on their own. Then they will realise how stupid they are.
I reckon cops impounding their cars/giving out fines will only stir them up and make them cause even more trouble.
Unfourtunetly you maybe right, the only way they may learn is when it is to late, and they ruin someone's lively hood as well as their own, I just hope it's not mine that they ruin.
Old 18-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #14
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya.
The flaw with the "let them learn the hard way" idea is that it puts other people at risk. I'd rather see every idiot be forced to walk, then an idiot crash into an innocent driver and.. you get the idea.
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #15
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I've always wondered, if they confiscate your car for good who keeps the money? if the government keeps it does this mean they can take away a $50K XR6T and just keep the 50k? Coz that will suck. I'd be more scared of getting falsely accused.
Old 18-04-2005, 09:41 PM   #16
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
I've always wondered, if they confiscate your car for good who keeps the money? if the government keeps it does this mean they can take away a $50K XR6T and just keep the 50k? Coz that will suck. I'd be more scared of getting falsely accused.
And that is something we will all have to worry about. The dob in a hoon line, etc is another of the guilty until proven innocent rules. Its not going to get any easier for those of us with decent cars.

The neighbourhood group that blocked the road are idiots though. Fair enough the guys racing in a residential area are on darwin's list, but their actions will no doubt cause a world of pain for them for a long time. Why people celebrate the lack of police resourses by encouraging this type of behaviour is beyond me.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #17
BJ
Banned

If you throw shit it sticks. When you look at the big picture and how long it has been going on what do you expect. If the commo boy whants to build one car after another the get taken away, more fool him. If you are fool enough to do it in a $50,000 dollar car you deserve to lose it end of story. What do the police and the goverment have to do to get in to every bodys head that it is not on. As for the people who took it in to there on hands good on them mayby if more do it the message will get across. Yes a an owner of a modifed car it dose **** me of that the minority stuff it for the majority and it always will.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #18
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Well,
Actually if you follow the thinking through to its conclusion, hopefully it will wake up the finace companies that allow young drivers to get cars like these. If they get legally taken away the finance companies lose thier loan security and will have to tighten up thier guidelines as to what kind of car they will loan for. They play a large part in this too. I mean what ******** sits behind thier desk and thinks hrmmm yeah I got a 17 year old driver that wants a $30000 loan for a WRX. They make the kid insure it in case he wrecks it, thats a quick pay out for them. However the law confisatces it, guess what...no security to loans anymore, Makes great sense to me.....BRING IT ON I say.

Last edited by Yaw; 18-04-2005 at 10:05 PM.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:05 PM   #19
Cheahman
BOSS 260

I think youll find that alot of people with modified cars with things such as exhaust systems will get dobbed in when there not really doing anything wrong. A car with a system always gives the illusion to a normal person that their going fast when there really just accelerating normally. I can just hear the old people now ringing up the cops saying there goes that boy again with his loud car flying up the street when their really just driving normally.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #20
neb
hibernating

speaking of people taking the law into their own hands.. last year sometime i dropped my bro off at the train station.. and when i took off.. the wheels chirped a bit didnt speed or anything and i had to stop for the traffic lights and i had my window down. and some guy walked up to my window grabbed me by my shirt collar and ripped my keys out of the ignition and started threatening to hit me.. he went crazy. i think he might of had a kid that got hit by a car.. which sure its bad... but to got nuts at someone when i didnt do anything majorly wrong... it freaked me out!

also regarding confiscating cars its pretty harsh... should only be for severe dangerous cases... i.e. doing doughies in the middle of main roads around traffic etc. i dont think a standstill or burnout on an empty quiet back road should be treated the same
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #21
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
speaking of people taking the law into their own hands.. last year sometime i dropped my bro off at the train station.. and when i took off.. the wheels chirped a bit didnt speed or anything and i had to stop for the traffic lights and i had my window down. and some guy walked up to my window grabbed me by my shirt collar and ripped my keys out of the ignition and started threatening to hit me.. he went crazy. i think he might of had a kid that got hit by a car.. which sure its bad... but to got nuts at someone when i didnt do anything majorly wrong... it freaked me out!
Wow! what happened??
I always carry a screw driver under my drivers seat cause I've had a few run in's with people getting near my car and trying to start shit.
Anybody ever tries taking my keys I'll stab them! :1syellow1 :

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 18-04-2005, 10:33 PM   #22
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Wow great to see more people enjoying the stimulating news on current events as presented by those pillars of journalistic excellence: ACA and TodayTonight.

You can sleep well tonight knowing that its suckers like you that dragged the rest of the country down with your support of ridiculous laws like the speeding obsession and car confiscation.

Keep blaming young people for everything. It justs perpetuates the "us versus them" mentality which will live through the next generation and be passed down to the next.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #23
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
And hopefully they do take his vehicle away from, eventually he will run out of money or wake up to himself, hopefully it's the latter.
Amen.

These people doing burnouts metres from massive crowds are dickheads and deserve whatever book they get thrown at them.

Of course I'm not happy that a lot of us normal people cop flak over it.
Old 18-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #24
MAD
Petro-sexual

This is probably going to stir up a heap of shit.....
What I reckon the biggest issue with all this crap of these hoons, and basically today's society in general, is?....

Lack of respect for any power figure, be it a teacher, a parent or a police officer.....all brought on by the useless practise of positive reinforcement....

Thats what it all boils down to, If there was respect in this society things would be very different.
I know I was brought up with a high emphasis on respect.

I overheard a couple of guys at school talking about they're street racing antics, and various times they or their friends have had a brush with the law (most of the stories I reckon were BS and very exagerated), but there were a couple that stood out as showing exactly what I mentioned above in this post....

1. Over the weekend one of the guys was having a ball travelling everywhere at a minimum of 50 over the limit, was doing 180 down the freeway on a few occasions, diving thru traffic narrowly missing other drivers....admitted that if he was seen by a cop he wouldnt be driving for quite a while....then his mate pipes up and says, with a chuckle, in a couple of weeks he would have a letter box full of speeding fines...to which his response was that he would just say "it wasnt me", and thought he had the whole situation under control just by saying these words.... I didnt have the heart to tell him that if no-one owns up to the offence, its the registered owner that cops it.

2. A couple of this same persons mates were drag racing and flew by a cop, further up the road when they thought they were out of harms way, they pulled into a servo to fill up, at which point the cop turned up and proceeded to fine them for whatever they could....now the group of guys really got arked up at this saying thats BS, how can the cop rock up later and book you, they cant prove anything....etc etc, you get the point.

So these guys were openly talking about how much they had broken the law, and in the next breath complaining about how cops have treated them.
Old 19-04-2005, 12:09 AM   #25
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
Wow great to see more people enjoying the stimulating news on current events as presented by those pillars of journalistic excellence: ACA and TodayTonight.

You can sleep well tonight knowing that its suckers like you that dragged the rest of the country down with your support of ridiculous laws like the speeding obsession and car confiscation.

Keep blaming young people for everything. It justs perpetuates the "us versus them" mentality which will live through the next generation and be passed down to the next.
It just goes to show the moronic attitude of the younger generation that your argument is always "us against them". Obviously you are a person who takes NO responsibility for their actions, you have NO respect for anyone, not even yourself. If you think that you can balatantly go around and flaunt the law at every given roundabout and blind corner, then I hope you get what you deserve, because what you get will not be enough to curb the attitude and "I didn't do it" mentality of people like you.

You can feel free to think that I am a senile old fart and have never done anything wrong. But I have. The problem with hindsight is that you can't see it when you're dead! To quote the Brisbane TOG officer "how could you stand there and explain to someone that you have just had a testosterone moment and your sorry you just killed their daughter."

I'm afraid this is one argument that the "P" platers are just not going to win. You either take responsibility for your actions and understand that it is a 'privilige' to have a license not a 'right'.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 12:16 AM   #26
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I reckon deal with it and move on. They pic on P-Platers, big whoop, it's a whole 3 years. I'm sure it's always happened and it's only going to get worse.

The minority ruining it for the majority is part of life.
Old 19-04-2005, 12:19 AM   #27
XRQTR
TBA Customs

I dont have any problem with the confiscation, however I do have a big problem with the sale.

All that the government has done is found a new way to increase revenue by legalising the theft of a motor vehicle, only by the government of course.

Would Mr Bracks or Mr Carr appreciate me going into their offices and confiscating their desks or any of the things they recieve as a public servant simply because Im not all too happy with the job they do in office, I doubt it, and remember they are a public servant and as such are answerable to us just as we are answerable to the law.

Does the old couple calling Dob In A Hoon all of a sudden become an authority and a speed detector, does the cop having a bad day and hears u chirp off the line even though you may have not intended to or even done anything after it become the judge and believe me he/she is as anyone who has gone to court has found.

Confiscate the cars, impound them for a couple of years if need be but dont forget they still have a licence at some point they will find a means to do what they do. As for the sale of the cars only if the money goes to charity and not the government, and even then the owner should still get at the very least half of the proceeds, even losing half is alot of money.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 12:22 AM   #28
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfordspeed
I heard they sped up the footage? Anyone record it or something? Can anyone post it up?
THEY DID!!!!! They were very clever and subtle about it, always straight line stuff, no burnout footage etc. Just a few bits and pieces whenever they could.

I was at work on dinner break and I thought "here we go......". When I first picked up on the sped up footage I jumped to my feet shouting about it. A few of the other guys realised it as well.

Quality journalisim my ****!!!

Street racing, it ain't right but it's been going on for generations. These days the coppers place in society has been eroded and the young dudes are a lot more cocky about it. Answers?? I ain't got any!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 12:26 AM   #29
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah there is hoons who r P platers and there r hoons who arent P platers. i mean talkn bout curfews is stupid. i mean ppl break the law enuf as it is. just coz its illegal doesnt mean ppl wont do it! all this means is that the governent makes more money.

when ppl get older they can afford more expensive cars and if they havent had the experience then im sure the results would b a lot worst then without the curfew. the general slant of it all is that if one P plater is a ******** we all get called dickheads. the world aint fair and thats all that can b said for that. lol this one time i was stuck in a town coz the road was closed bcoz of an accident. i was stuck next to a bunch of truckies. they went on and on about how a P plater caused the accident and next thing u know it was announced on the radio it was a truck who had side swiped 3 cars killin sum1 :p (dont worry i had it loud enuf for them to hear it hahaha)

the government allows ppl to buy these performance parts for their cars and get the sales tax from it, then they pull over ppl and defect them for the mods resulting in fines and other crap such as purchasing other parts to replace the mods which again they get the sales tax from. so they have scored a win 3 times.

There is no restriction on wat u can buy. there should b street parts and race parts and i bet more race parts r being fitted onto street cars. just plain revenue raising. money makes the world go round and nuthn will b done about it. and about cops well u have ur corrupt ones who have their double standards ie. they speed all the time, talk on mobiles while drivin and dont abey the traffic rules.

i bet a lot less street racing and shit would occur if more tracks were available. sure there would b pp who would still streetrace, but i bet for that many of ppl there would b a lot more whod rather keep their licence and not get fined or killed.

also what sum ppl need to understand that a lot of these cars while being faster also have upgraded suspension, brakes etc and this attracts cops but wat about all those ppl in shitboxes who have cut springs and done other unsafe mods, and have been less maintained then these performance cars. these cars dont attract as much attention bcoz they dont have the "bling" factor and slip through the cracks.

There is a lot of issues round this subject and unfortunately it seems none of these TV shows show both sides to the story.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 12:40 AM   #30
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

In the end guys, we have all do some stupid shit out there on the roads but some of us are more mature and careful about it than others (meaning there is always the right place and the right time) without causing harm or disturbance. Its not the car that needs to be punished its the driver behind the wheel, a car cannot do line lockies by itself, it needs somebody to give it a bit of TLC in order to do that.

GUNS and CARS don't kill people, PEOPLE kill PEOPLE.
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post