Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Flat Slide Throttles

Has anyone had any experience with these? I have seen plenty of motorbikes with them, but very few cars (i saw one bmw injected manifold with them, thats it for cars). I was wondering if anyone has driven with them, or seen them on anything.

are there any drawbacks to them? are they easy enough to make?

thanks
Ben

BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
nitroman
nitroman

I've only seen flat slides on mechanical injection setups ( I think the super falcon had them ) and motorbikes. Generally on bikes they are like a holley double pumper, a carby that feeds the fuel whether the engine wants it or not, but does return blistering performance in the right conditions. It is interesting though that flat slide carbies were never used on cars where multiple carbs were the norm. I guess weber/dellorto etc had a monopoly on the market before injection took over.
nitroman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 03:07 AM   #3
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Saw one on a vectra race car. They were like a barrel. Really gave a open port at W.O.T. it looked bloody awesome
blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Barrel throttle bodies are a different setup to slide plates again.

The green supercharged EL XR6 from Perth that runs 10's has a similar throttle body to the barrel, although it also costs $2700....

They're not really worth the (much) higher cost unless you're tuning every last bit out of the car, there would be no benefit to fitting one to a BBM. An advantage to the slide and barrel setups though is they are more restrictive at lower throttle openings than the normal butterfly throttle body, so they are more driveable on the street.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

but what if i were to have 6 flat slide throttles on a falcon? would it be any harder or easier to drive than a normal 6 throttle setup?
BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post