Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2006, 04:28 AM   #1
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Default 40th Anniversary GT

With the 40th anniversary of the GT Falcon approaching next year it seems likely ford will not let this milestone slide by un-celebrated. So what do you think Ford have planned. Or what would you like to see. The last two GT's before the BA were both anniversary specials and with the GT as a regular production car now it cant be an all new special. So would have to be some sort of special based on the current BFGT-P.

For my money, Id like to see them bring back the HO option to the GT range. Limited as a 40th anniversary special to 100-200 units. Based on the standard GT-P but with beefed up specs all round and some unique styling. The GTHO badge is held in the highest esteem and I think a 40th anniversary special would be the best way to re-introduce it. But I wouldnt support it becoming a mainstay again.

What do you think Ford will do for this occassion, or what would you like to see?

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:32 AM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

What would ford/fpv do? Once they stoped living in dream world, they will probaly stick a badge on, and diffrent seat trim and up the price by 5k.

More power? aparently its not needed.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

Forget about HO. It will never happen and if they did, most of us would think it to lame to be a HO.

They will probably release a special colour and trim with ID plate. Very boring.
Although a race car styled GT would be very nice.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
elgt146
315-TUF

I wouldn't expect anything too exciting.
I owned a 30th Anniversary GT and it wasn't that exciting. Yeah it looked different but performance wise you could run faster.

If the Devil & Enforcer cars are anything to go by when it comes to celebrating a milestone then I think we are in once again for disappointment.

If they are building such a limited run they should throw afew more dollars at it because customers will pay $$$ for something that is worth it.

I think the new Holden Track Car (can't think of exact name) they made up is an ideal platform to look at but some V8 Supercar Inspiration big noted a bit more.
elgt146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

They will release a GT with a new colour, which in 3 months will be available on every ford in the market.

New 19" rims which will end up being standard GT items.

No power increase cos that would be doing something the public wanted to see.

Special interior bits which will be soon offered on a GT.

And for those who buy the 40thA GT, in a matter of months they will wonder what they paid for.
Old 26-05-2006, 01:10 PM   #6
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black XR6
With the 40th anniversary of the GT Falcon approaching next year it seems likely ford will not let this milestone slide by un-celebrated. So what do you think Ford have planned. Or what would you like to see. The last two GT's before the BA were both anniversary specials and with the GT as a regular production car now it cant be an all new special. So would have to be some sort of special based on the current BFGT-P.

For my money, Id like to see them bring back the HO option to the GT range. Limited as a 40th anniversary special to 100-200 units. Based on the standard GT-P but with beefed up specs all round and some unique styling. The GTHO badge is held in the highest esteem and I think a 40th anniversary special would be the best way to re-introduce it. But I wouldnt support it becoming a mainstay again.

What do you think Ford will do for this occassion, or what would you like to see?
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=49778

Its happening...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
tony351
Fast Ford Addict!

look on carpoint.... released today.... if only i could afford one.....
tony351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Wow, that looks hot. I would prefer the gold with the black stripe (a-la-XR) but the black with gold stripes looks tops.