Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
AUIIForte

Default Dev5 on an AUII FORTE

I live in the ACT, so driving down to melbourne to fit a dev5 kit better be worth it!

I was wondering, what kind of performance gains would I be seeying in my stock auto forte? Its gone just over 230 000k's, and im not sure if it will still be worth putting in the kit (hoping trans doesnt break down or anything).

Any info from people who have fitted the dev5 kit would be awsome. Any info at all, like how it runs, the fuel consumption, power gains, sound from exhaust, ect...

Just want to get some good info and back up before I head down for the long drive!

AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
5_speed

Hey AUIIForte,

Good choice with the DEV5.
I have one fitted on my EF (manual).
I got the race headers and ultra intake fitted aswell.
This gave me 170kw at the wheels.

I find the car, whilst fairly strong in most areas, doesn't really start to sream until over 3000rpm (the same point that the BBM switches to the short track if I am not mistaken).

It revs sweetly all the way to the 6 grand cut out. I need to get a shift light as, if I am not keeping an eye on the revs, I can easily hit the cut out in first.

To improve the mid range of the car I ended up having a XR6 ECU fitted. This got the car up to 178kw at the wheels, and fattened out the mid range.

I drove down from Sydney to get it all done at JMM, I couldn't be happier that I did, Brendan and Jim are so enthusiastic about working on your car and show you all the parts that they are going to install. You really feel looked after and that your car is in good hands.

Good luck with the purchase.
5_speed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Get the stall converter as well.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post