Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XR50 & Bulge Volunteer- Sydney or Melbourne

I'm looking to get a car bra made for my car. the only problem I have is I'm not in either Sydney or Melbourne to have a measure up done. I need to get my car to either Marickville in Sydney Midweek or to Reservoir in Melbourne. My preference is to have someone who has both Bulge and XR50, but I'm not sure at which point the bulge starts to take shape from the standard bonnet. Where the measurements would be different. Whether this has an impact on the final product

So I need someone to do me a favour and take their car in to get measured up. I have spoken Robco in Marrickville who are only open midweek and only till 1 on Friday's. Its a half hour max measureup. Not sure on Car Bra in Vic. I would assume the same. Looking at prices now and waiting for a return email.

No bookings have been made, just hoping to negotiate a time best for the person going in for the measure up.

So far, the only 3 people I can think of besides myself are

Falkeen
Hoops
Carratt

Hoops is Northern NSW and Carratt is local. Leaves Falkeen. Who else has both products

Just a thought at this stage until I can find someone willing to volunteer. I'll give the volunteer a big fat Buckie kiss :

Cheers

Buckie

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #2
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Buck I have a Carbra which obviously used to fit before I got the XR50 fitted.
I doubt the bulge would become a issue.
How about do a measurement from say the centre of the bonnet where the Ford badge is to where the bulge starts ?
I will put my carbra on and measure how far up the bonnet it rests,that should give us an idea.
I too want to get another after doing the Wagga run it is a must for trips.

And forget your smooch : :
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Bluedriver. When I spoke to the lady today, she said they need a car to do the correct measurements. Car bra said they wouldn't touch the job without first seeing the car.

I'm keen for a bra. 36DD

I don't think the bulge matters too much, but just to be sure, I thought I'd mention it as I don't know at which point the bra is on the bonnet. Down low or up high.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post