Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Default DBA Slotted Rotors and Ferodo Excel Pads

Front brakes are stuffed.

I've had a set of Ferodo Excel pads sitting in a box in the boot for ages, so I was intending to use them. I've ordered DBA 502 slotted rotors, which I'm picking up tomorrow.

Anybody had adverse results with either of these parts? Any issues about them working together?

Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i havent heard anything bad at this stage with that combination. Should be fine!!!!
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
AUGhiaV8

I have DBA slotted and when fitted those pads I found them to be hopeless when cold. Not too bad with some temperature but almost dangerous when cold.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
romaniac
holla at cha boy

ive got dba slotted with ferodo zero pads all round. Good braking, just too much squeaking :(
romaniac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #5
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Yeah, well...I've picked up the rotors so what I've got is what's going on.

Apparently DBA recommend that you bed in the rotors with used pads, rather than the new ones because, and I quote"...Generally it is not recomended to bed new rotors and new pads together. The reason being that during the bedding process of the pads, excess resin from the pad material is expelled. Bedding the rotor is done to season the rotor material which relieves stresses and lines the rotor braking surface with a light even coating of resin material. Depending on the type of resin in a new pad this can be like pouring a jug of gravy onto the rotor surface and expecting it to be an even layer. DTV from resin wipe off is the result. The amount of DTV that can be generated is dependant on the type of pad. Sometimes its none and on other occasions brake shudder is totally unaceptable. When people say they have warped their rotors bedding in or in the first 1500 kms its generally resin wipe off..."

See: http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/to...p?TOPIC_ID=103

Well, I'm not about to put the old (rooted) pads on my shiny new disks. I'll take it easy for a coupla hundred kays and see how they go.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post