Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
FordFan86
meow

Default Stupid bugger almost hit me

I was pulling up to a fairly big round about, was in the right lane (2 lane road and 2 lane round about), i pulled into the left lane about 100m before i hit the roundabout and i was next to a white XF, we were side by side thru the roundabout, and just as we were exiting he started turning into my lane.
I swear if i had not hit the brakes as quick as i did he would have taken out my front 1/4 panel at about 40 k an hour :\
I honked at him after braking, he pulled into the right lane again pretty fast, i speed up, window down finger and abuse out the window... was an older male ~50-70 (can't tell when they are older :\)
then just pulled over while testing out the ABS, called my dad and just left it a few minutes before i calmed down.
He scared the ****ing shit out of me and i came quite close to just booting off at 150+k, realised my luck with coppers and fines that would not have been a very good idea so i puleld over and called dad
EDIT: he was about half a car length in front of me, the roundabouts a sort of curvy one when it comes to and end so he would've hit me at an angle as i was still in a fairly straight line

Last edited by FordFan86; 01-02-2005 at 08:28 PM.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 08:51 PM   #2
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

shite man... close call... good thing you calmed yaself down instead of blowin up.
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

did you dad come through with the shotgun you asked for when you called him?
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by au-steve
did you dad come through with the shotgun you asked for when you called him?
?
i dont need a shotgun :\
he just told me to calm down and be careful (knows what im like when angry and driving :\)he does use a .44 special for work tho ;)
:P
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post