Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-01-2005, 01:50 AM   #1
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BA DJR for $9k.... (on ebay, LOL)

should i bid on this...?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....521792108&rd=1

umm, me thinks not...
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsa...ch_distance=25

:togo: :gren:
Old 23-01-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another one...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....521792986&rd=1

ROFL... :lookedat:
Old 23-01-2005, 03:46 AM   #3
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Fairly sure the first one belonged to a guy on the old forums
Kapn_Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 03:59 AM   #4
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wtf is with that sh1t

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 04:17 AM   #5
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I think some trying to pull a few legs or trying to scan.
Old 23-01-2005, 06:39 AM   #6
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

scam, definitely.
They're fun to play with though.
Email replies are always the same, the car is O/S, never been dropped or raced.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #7
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another one...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...4521792986&rd=1

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/cars...rch_distance=25

LOL, ive seen this guy at work, what a dodgey bastard !!
and it aint worth $30k either
Old 23-01-2005, 05:29 PM   #8
Kryton

there scams and personally i am sick to death of them. how dumb are people really? you really think someones gonna go and pay you $9000 just because its 'cheap'. when it comes to money people arent dumb (90% of the time) and wont just fork it over without seeing the car in person.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
Steffo
LPG > You

You want scams? Read these two emails my friend got for this 1999 Mercedes-Benz C240 he saw on carsales for $12,000....

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Email
Hello,

I'm happy to see your interest in buying this car,yet,i belive you should know that for now i'm in Rome, Italy with the car, which is in a very good condition. I hope you like the car and also that we will complete this deal without any problems. About the transport, I'll have it shipped out to your location. What do you think?

I purchased the car last year from a gentleman in Dural who owned Chemists and had a collection of Mercedes. The car was used by his wife I understand, basically to just drive to the shops and back. It was always garaged by the previous owner and me, and is in absolutely immaculate condition. I have included the vehicle details for a REVS check for you below, and also some of the features.

Vin # wdb2020262f801320
Engine # 11291030315516
Registration zgd702

Electric double sunroof
Climate control
Cruise control
Leather interior
10 stack CD

Let me tell you that the price i ask for this Benz is 12000 AUD,the car is in perfect condition and with the car you will receive also the clear title, which can be registered on your name,so there is no problem about that.The car has 57000 Km on it.

I must tell you that for security reasons I won't be able to fax or e-mail you any paper of the car,you'll get them with the car.

The car doesn't need any conversion because is AUS steet legal; it meets all regulations so you won't have to pay aditional taxes. It wasn't involved in an accident or anything like that, it's as new. You won't find a scratch on it, the paint looks great; I've garaged this baby.

The reason why i want to sell this car is that i realised that the import and register taxes are very high here in Italy so i prefer to sell it and buy another car. It is AUS street legal,so i can't find a buyer hare in Italy ,or in Europe because they don't like the car prepared this way. I love this car and I'm very sorry that I have to sell it. The car is registered in AUS and the other offers that I have are also from AUS and I hope that I can find a serious buyer.

Thanks,

Juanita.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Email
Hello again,

I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price.

The price I hope to obtain is $12000 AUD (this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.

The payment must be done using a money transfer service.

I prefer money transfer (wired cash) because in this way I will ship the car in the same day you make the payment.
I know that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum. You will arrange payment through Western Union.

In case you want me to ship you the car right now you have to make me a payment of $3000 AUD (and after you receive and inspect the car you have to send me the rest of the money).
The inspection period is 5 days. I have something SAFE for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the car and I hope we will collaborate in the future too.
Look what I can do for you:

- you will make the transfer to my location but not to my name (you will use your best friends name for example as receiver's name) so you can be sure that I will not pick up the money until you get the car; so you make a deposit at Western Union and you will give me the transfer's details (SENDER'S NAME, MTCN) so I can check that the deposit was made.

After I verify it I will send you the car immediately.
- only after you will receive the car and check it if it OK, you will have to change the receiver's name of the transfer to my name so I can collect my money.

So until you will have the car in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at Western Union Agency.

I think it is better to not inform Western Union that you will change the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such an amount),also when you go to a Western Union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason you send the money because here in this country I must pay some additional taxes when I receive the funds.

Please say you send the money to your friends or to your partner.
Is like your friend/partner is in Italy and you want to send him this amount of money!
I will be happy if you can trust me and make the transfer directly to my name but because it is our first deal I've proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the car I'll be allowed to cash it.

On the other hand, I will take you as a serious and possible buyer (this way I will loose all the nonpaying buyers that I occur everyday) and arrange a further deal but in this case you have to come in person to the car´s location to see the car and take it back with you or you can send a friend or agent that lives near by to inspect the car and pay the rest of the money.

If you agree with this method you'll have to pay me $1500 AUD via W.U.

After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that will allow me to track the transfer.

Here are the details that I need:

- sender's name and address;
- exact amount wired;
- MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) (10 digits)
- if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG for me to add to the files.

As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent,I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with shipping if you've sent me $3000 AUD or I will hold the car for you if you've deposited $1500 AUD.

In case you've paid the money I will ship the car via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured and it will take 72 hours until you will have it at your door step.

The amounts of payment are fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the car but since it is a state of the art and works and looks perfectly I think it won't get to this.

Here is my name and address you need for the Western Union transfer:

My details:

First name: Juanita
Last name: Wooden
City: Rome
address: Via Piave, 61
Zip Code: 00187

If you agree with these terms, let me know and I will be more than
glad to start and complete the transaction with you.

Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this car.
I am waiting your answer ASAP.
Thank you and kindly regards!

Juanita.
I laughed so much after reading these! And what's funnier is... my moron friend was actually considering "buying" that car........ lmao!
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 05:47 PM   #10
Kermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
That car has been deleted by ebay. But, I was able to send the seller a message and there is the reply :-

Quote:
Hello ,

First you have to know that the car is 100% working and looking AMAZING, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no flood or wrecked and it has a clear title,no engine problems,the interior looks great.

The car is still available and ready to be shipped.The price for car is $9.000AU. You should know that now I'm in Rome Italy and that's the reason that I sell'it so cheap because I have problem registered the car here.If I want to have it registered have to start an individual procedure for the vehicle through the Government, pass several technical tests and make a lot of changes to the car which are expensive they told me and I can sell it here because is RHD and we need LHD.

Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome, Italy (where I live) and I will support the shipping cost. When I will ship it, I will arrange for all the dutyes and that why you will not pay any customs when you will receive it and for this it will be delivered directly to your address. As soon as I have your firm decision that you want to buy, I will take the car to Lufthansa air cargo and pay all the taxes for the shipping including the insurance and the custom fees. Along with the car, I will send you all the documents that I have for the car - the title (wich is issued in AU, is clear of any leins and I have it in hand). Due the fact that the car's title was issued in AU you will have no problem in registering the car and you won't have to pay any custom fees.
If you are still interested please let me know.Please replay asap.

Thank you and have a nice day,David

PS.We will use in this deal Square Trade so I'll need your full name and address in order to contact them and start the deal
What a load of shite!!!!!! It screams FRAUD!

:

AUIII XR6 VCT - Venom Red

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #11
Kermit

Quote:
Still listed on Ebay. Have reported it. Sending the seller a message for a laugh...

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Last edited by Kermit; 24-01-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Old 23-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #12
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Hello ,

First you have to know that the car is 100% working and looking AMAZING, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage,no flood or wrecked and it has a clear title,no engine problems,the interior looks great.

The car is still available and ready to be shipped.The price for car is $9.000AU. You should know that now I'm in Rome Italy and that's the reason that I sell'it so cheap because I have problem registered the car here.If I want to have it registered have to start an individual procedure for the vehicle through the Government, pass several technical tests and make a lot of changes to the car which are expensive they told me and I can sell it here because is RHD and we need LHD.

Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome, Italy (where I live) and I will support the shipping cost. When I will ship it, I will arrange for all the dutyes and that why you will not pay any customs when you will receive it and for this it will be delivered directly to your address. As soon as I have your firm decision that you want to buy, I will take the car to Lufthansa air cargo and pay all the taxes for the shipping including the insurance and the custom fees. Along with the car, I will send you all the documents that I have for the car - the title (wich is issued in AU, is clear of any leins and I have it in hand). Due the fact that the car's title was issued in AU you will have no problem in registering the car and you won't have to pay any custom fees.
If you are still interested please let me know.Please replay asap.

PS.We will use in this deal Square Trade so I'll need your full name and address in order to contact them and start the deal
Got the same reply, will actually get some wu stationary and dummy up a reply
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #13
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
nice Italian name that... ROFL

Should ask him for some more pics of the car...
Old 23-01-2005, 10:49 PM   #14
HOON69
Banned

what a scam today i saw this and also a monaro for 9k as soon as i reported it 5mins later was removed..

you'd have to be brain dead to think its legit
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #15
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

someone want to bump the prices up a few million with me...? lol
Old 24-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #16
Kermit

[QUOTE=Kermit]
Quote:
another one...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....521792986&rd=1

ROFL... :lookedat:

Still listed on Ebay. Have reported it. Sending the seller a message for a laugh...

Ebay has removed the listing. Hooray, and here's the reply....

Quote:
Hello,

The car is still available for sale and ready to be shipped.I'm very glad that you like my car and I can only say that you have good taste about cars! This car was never crushed, dropped or raced, no scathches,no dents and also it has a clear title. I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it -- even better!

The price is $8000 AUD including shipping to your home address.Shipping will be done via Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome, Italy and it will take no more then 4 days for the car to arrive at the delivery location. I am in the Military and Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes, I will pay for the shipping fees. I will arrange for you not to pay any duties when the car will pass through customs. In this way the car can be delivered to your home address.

Also, you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way. The most important thing in all my activities, is that I am affiliated at eBay Square Trade and I have a Purchase Protection Account for $20,000 AUD and I assume you know what this means. If you did not hear about Square Trade here are their terms:

1) If you will not receive the car not as advertised, Square Trade will refund you the whole amount which you paid me (100 %).In case that you will not receive the car, they will refund you the money back from my account.

2) You can send the money to my name and address but you will not provide me the details of the payment. You will provide the details to Square Trade. They will verify the payment and if is OK, and the money are available under my name they will notify me to proceed with the shipping. After you receive and see that the car is the one you want, you just notify Square Trade to forward me the payment details in order for me to pick up my money.
Let me know if this is OK with you, so that we can go forward with this deal! About the payment Square Trade will manage in my place the financial details.

Best Regards!
p.s. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my baby I need your full name and shipping address in order to contact Square Trade to start the deal.
what a laugh!!!!!

Lamingue...how did you go with the wu letter???

160rwkw

Old 24-01-2005, 10:12 PM   #17
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Hello Gary,

I bought this car from AUand it was rided only within AU. It was registrated in AU and I had all the services done there. The car was never crushed, droped or raced. I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it - even better!.

The thing is that almost 5 months ago, I made that step - I got married !!! My wife is from Rome Italy and we decided to move there.

I brought the car here in Rome. I wanted to register the car here, but I coud't do that cose is RHD.

The car was keept in the garage and is in perfect condition and the tyres are like new.

Along with the car, I will send you all the documents that I have for the car - the title (wich is issued in AU, is clear of any leins and I have it in hand). Due the fact that the car's title was issued in AU you will have no problem in registering the car and you won't have to pay any custom fees.

Please send me your full name and address in order to prepare the shipping and contact Ebay Square Trade to start the shipping and payment arrengements.
Best Regards,David.

Please contact me with your decision asap

classic
Old 25-01-2005, 01:08 AM   #18
Kermit

are these guys serious????? makes me mad.

Feel like organising a sting. Would be pretty straight foreward, no? Get WU in on it and when the scammer presented him/herself to the office in Italy, they could have them arrested. Very tempted to try it.

160rwkw

Old 25-01-2005, 02:11 PM   #19
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

ROFL!!! I reckon the moron doesn't even know where the cars from!!!!

Not once does he mention Australia.... AULand? what a plonker
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #20
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Hello Gary,
I spoke with Square Trade and I think they already send you the notifications of the payment to finish this deal with me. If you recive the notifications from them, please make the payment and send the info to Square Trade so they can check the transfer and immediately I will start the shipping to you and after you recive yor car they will provide me the info of the transfer to pick up my money.

Very important! When you'll make the transfer, do NOT tell to Western Union that you are makeing a payment for a purchase over the internet, because they will charge us both and I already support the shipping and insurance costs. Better tell them that you are sending the money for a relative of yours. This way, I think you will even pay lower fees

Thank you and have a nice day,david Blake
Email today.... hahahaha love it

Old 25-01-2005, 09:28 PM   #21
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

There are plenty of pic of the Minginator out there Gary! How long do think it will be before you see it for sale <$10K on ebay. :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2005, 09:53 PM   #22
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Dear Gary La Minge,

Our customer ( davidze25 ) require the payment to be done through Western Union money transfer service.
If you are not familiarized with the Western Union money transfer services please visit: www.westernunion.com . If you want to locate the nearest Western Union Office in your area please click here . You have to pay with cash at any Western Union Office.

email via ebay to make the payment to him

There was more crap but couldnt copy

This is going to be fun

Old 25-01-2005, 09:59 PM   #23
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
email via ebay to make the payment to him

There was more crap but couldnt copy

This is going to be fun

haha... email him back and say that you've sent the money through and ask him when the car will arrive in AUland.
Old 30-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #24
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Hello Gary,

I'm sorry for the late reply but I found your mail in the bulk folder.
The car is still available and is already crated at lufthansa air cargo and ready to be shipped.I'll start the shipping at soon I'll have the confirmation from Square Trade that someone made the payment and the funde are available.
The reg plate# is SWP 008 and chasie # 31923.
Please contact me with your decision asap.
Got this today

Can someone remember the site Discovery listed awhile back on .com in relation to these scams

I know they managed to trick them into believing the money had been sent by quoting a reference number

Cheers
Old 30-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #25
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

it would make this thing so much funnier if you give him a fake reference number or whatever, then 4 days later an imaculate AU is sitting in your drive. with a note

Quote:
Dear Gary La Minge,
What is with your name? anyway here is the car we have spoken about, i hope you are happy, and i will be using your payment to pay for life saving surgery on my 2 year old son, im sure he will thank you as well.
Thankyou and god bless.
David
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #26
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I just need that website that discovery mentioned on the .com forums

It had some information on reference numbers
Old 31-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #27
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I just need that website that discovery mentioned on the .com forums

It had some information on reference numbers
just did a search of said site, here's what you want...

http://www.bustedupcowgirl.com/scampage.html

let us know how you go.
Old 31-01-2005, 10:26 PM   #28
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thats the one, but not the info I wanted

Ohh well lets see if i can play him along a bit

Cheers
Old 31-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #29
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Is this it Gary? http://www.419eater.com/
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 08:57 PM   #30
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Hello Gary,

If you made the payment please send the detail to Square Trade so they can verify the transfer.
My name and address are,
David Blake,Via Principe Amedeo 293,Rome,00189,Italy.
I'm sorry to let you know that I have problems with my phone line and I can't send or receive any calls. We will have to make the deal via e-mail.

Laminge wrote:
Hello David

I went to Australia Post here in Melbourne Today, damm hot day too.

I have made a payment as requested for AUD9000.00, as I managed to find out that the numbers you quoted me hadn’t been reported stolen or degregistered

Please give me your phone number and contact details again, as I will fell a little more secure withy that knowledge

Regards

Gary

I think i am getting his hope up, am getting at least 3 emails a day