Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-06-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default carsguide today ( FRDAY THE 3RD)

TODAYS update on the typhoon versus the hsv clubbie , i noticed today another article pegging these 2 cars together and doing a comparo only differance is this time they gave both cars a good wrap on performance characteristics only no mention of times what soever. i wonder what the problem is ? the only thing they said was that it is faster than a gt and the clubbie is faster than the typhoon .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #2
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh I read it also, I thought it was a miss match comparo. as the clubie is a Targa spec car and the Typhoon is comfy daily driver with attitude. In all honesty what where these ******** thinking off when they conjured up the comparo.

Matt

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
buickman
buickman

They choose the HSV over the Ford. Also interesting was the artical of the proto VE holden being built in Japan?

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
They choose the HSV over the Ford. Also interesting was the artical of the proto VE holden being built in Japan?

buickman
what ashame for holden. as much as i'm a ford man i want holden to be there as an australian built car.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #5
rick69
Banned

The VE will not be built in Japan. If you bother reading the article properly you will see that a one off VE was made to test and approve the Japanese made tooling.
rick69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Here is the link :

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E21822,00.html

Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #7
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

stupid comparo, of course the HSV was quicker, it had R spec fricken tyres on with slightly better suspension!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick69
The VE will not be built in Japan. If you bother reading the article properly you will see that a one off VE was made to test and approve the Japanese made tooling.
Yep its a scale model. It will be built here. Cause the machinery is built in Japan they want to make sure it works before bringin it here. Common sense
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:58 AM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Seems to me it was a comparo of the new big guns from each company. I've driven that red rocket Typhoon, it hammers. Certainly an amazing machine!!! Leaves me back in my Focus wondering who changed my Premium unleaded to sour milk.... interesting to see what they REALLY think of the Commodore though. They'd fnag it but leave it, they'd fang the Typhoon AND keep it. So would I!!