Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Redlined

Default Qld rwc & reg inspections

Currently moving to Mackay from tas. Anything goes with mods in tas but obviously not qld... Ba xr8 factory 5spd man running a cammed boss290 with boss 260 manifolds so can't tell the difference, it's got pacemaker extractors and cats and a 2.5inch rear muffler delete pipe with a stock centre muffler peice.. On 20inch mags with 235/45 on the front and 245/45 on rear near new all round stock height, stock tint but has bubbled on rear window everything works but seat belts retract a little slowly windows move up n down in front very slowly doesn't drip oil or anything but diff wheeping a little can wipe over with rag before rego checking, also price? Anything I should be aware of? How strict are they? Any recomendations for places to go with this? Also want to get it trucked to Mackay not driving it that far wanna keep k's down on engine as its only done 20,000km from the factory.. any recomendations on vehicle transporters trust worthy ones not so trust worthy ones ect?
2004 5spd SILHOUETTE BA XR8 fitted a BF GT-P BOSS 290, HERROD CAMS, PACEMAKER HEADERS&CATS custom SCT X4 dyno tuned... 274.9rwkw work&tune done by Brad at BOOSTAutomotive, Launceston TAS. Maintained by Brad at Boost Automotive. Tasmania's top performance upgrade & dyno tuning shop.
Redlined is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2015, 11:26 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Qld rwc & reg inspections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlined View Post
How strict are they?
That really depends on the mechanic. Safety items are the main thing, tyres,brakes, suspension. As long as your mods are not overt then you'll get through with most guys.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #3
Redlined

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
That really depends on the mechanic. Safety items are the main thing, tyres,brakes, suspension. As long as your mods are not overt then you'll get through with most guys.
Tyres have done about 10,000ks no skids, suspension is stock, brakes are stock tho bit of wheel shudder when lightly braking whilst heading down hill? And pads are prob due for replacement but was gonna do that too with cheap set to get me thru
2004 5spd SILHOUETTE BA XR8 fitted a BF GT-P BOSS 290, HERROD CAMS, PACEMAKER HEADERS&CATS custom SCT X4 dyno tuned... 274.9rwkw work&tune done by Brad at BOOSTAutomotive, Launceston TAS. Maintained by Brad at Boost Automotive. Tasmania's top performance upgrade & dyno tuning shop.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #4
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Go to Mick Dunn and Sons Mechanical. Tell him Nathan with the Green and Gold BF GT sent you. He is a good fair mechanic, works on my cars. Price is around $60 for a roady. Rego is @ $1100. Once you get a roady and transfer to QLD number plates, you don't require yearly inspections. You will have to take it to QLD transport to verify change of engine. As it was released in that model and cubic inch is the same. It will be just a view of the engine numbers. Could get pinned for leaky diff. Just get it serviced and the gasket replaced.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #5
Redlined

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJaVu GT View Post
Go to Mick Dunn and Sons Mechanical. Tell him Nathan with the Green and Gold BF GT sent you. He is a good fair mechanic, works on my cars. Price is around $60 for a roady. Rego is @ $1100. Once you get a roady and transfer to QLD number plates, you don't require yearly inspections. You will have to take it to QLD transport to verify change of engine. As it was released in that model and cubic inch is the same. It will be just a view of the engine numbers. Could get pinned for leaky diff. Just get it serviced and the gasket replaced.
Thanks mate, guessing your up that way? I don't know anyone so gotta try meet people and make friends
This user likes this post:
Old 12-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #6
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Most won't pass you with bubbled window tint as it is a hazard as you cannot see out of the rear window properly, but in saying that, every second BA-BF I have seen has bubbled tint on the back window.
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:39 AM   #7
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, bubbled rear tint is a big fail even at crap shops as it's something very visible.
Oil leaks are something they love too, even weeps. Some shops even fail you for stuff like a tear in a seat or carpet a bit worn under the drivers heel.

One thing to remember is that occasionally cops will have crack downs on wheel sizes. They did it with those lowered and modified "Low Luxes" in Bundy a few years back, and still do...all to do with load rated tyres which are required by utes, and those licorice strip tyres on big rims sure ain't load rated for trucks.
They do it with cars too, policing the letter of the law with regards to how much larger and wider than stock you can go...if you have 20's and the BA only came from the factory with, say, 17 or 18 as the biggest wheels, you could be in for a bad day if you get the wrong cop on the wrong day, not to mention the Transport Department when they go out to play...even the cops don't like them...
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2015, 09:43 AM   #8
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Yes mate I live in Mackay. There is a Mackay Ford club on Facebook, and power cruise Mackay club. Also the oldest drag strip in Queensland. Palmyra Dragway, they have street meets all the time.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
Redlined

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
Yep, bubbled rear tint is a big fail even at crap shops as it's something very visible.
Oil leaks are something they love too, even weeps. Some shops even fail you for stuff like a tear in a seat or carpet a bit worn under the drivers heel.

One thing to remember is that occasionally cops will have crack downs on wheel sizes. They did it with those lowered and modified "Low Luxes" in Bundy a few years back, and still do...all to do with load rated tyres which are required by utes, and those licorice strip tyres on big rims sure ain't load rated for trucks.
They do it with cars too, policing the letter of the law with regards to how much larger and wider than stock you can go...if you have 20's and the BA only came from the factory with, say, 17 or 18 as the biggest wheels, you could be in for a bad day if you get the wrong cop on the wrong day, not to mention the Transport Department when they go out to play...even the cops don't like them...
That harsh, worn carpet :/ bit of a turn off tas you get defected if u own a crapbox that is chopped but if they see your car is looked after even if illegal if your not driving like a dick they leave you alone.. So rear tint needs to either be replaced or removed... And I thought you were allowed to have 2inch bigger then standard? My car was 18s factory so I opted with 20s for that reason? Yeah well personally I don't like "low lux" I'd rather talk to an LS owner over a minitruck **** lol
Old 12-07-2015, 11:36 AM   #10
Redlined

Quote:
Yes mate I live in Mackay. There is a Mackay Ford club on Facebook, and power cruise Mackay club. Also the oldest drag strip in Queensland. Palmyra Dragway, they have street meets all the time.
Cool maybe one day we could meet up compare rides or something I'm moving to mount pleasant
Old 12-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #11
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Yeah for sure. Would love to hear the cams in your Boss. There are a few Australian Ford Forum members up this way.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #12
Redlined

Quote:
Yeah for sure. Would love to hear the cams in your Boss. There are a few Australian Ford Forum members up this way.
Yeah would be good take you for a ride show how they feel personally I think they're worth it, yours would be better cammed even tho same engine, I would love a cammed gt just for the things like the badge the interior and everything else the fact it's the top of the range v8 falcon of its model