Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Swedishmoose

Default Interior lights

G'day all....

I know that some Falcons had issues with the interior lights not to turn off but I have experienced a weird thing happening with the interior lights on our Falcon this morning. (2000 Ford Falcon Futura)

When I opened the rear driver side door this morning, I noticed that the interior lights didn't come on.

The car was unlocked all night sitting in the garage and was last driven yesterday.

So I closed the rear door and opened the driver door and still....lights off.
(the smart shield light on the instrument cluster was still blinking).

I then turned the interior switch (which is part of the dimmer on the headlight switch) to ON, but the interior lights remained dark.So I turned it OFF again.

I then put the key in and turned it.
When all the lights on the instrument cluster come on, the interior lights came on as well.

I then removed the key again and everything was fine. I opened a few doors and checked, I locked the car and checked if the lights turn off after roughly 15 secs and it seems that everything was ok again.

I know that the Falcon has that kind of safety switch that the battery can't be drained in case one or more doors or the boot lid is not shut properly.
I thought the rear door switch was faulty and constantly "tells" the BEM that the rear door is not shut which forces the BEM to shut down the interior light circuit after a while so the battery can't be drained.
But if that was the case the lights should have come on, the moment I opened the drivers door.

At the moment everything seems to be fine and I want to check tomorrow, if the same thing is happening again.

Is the BEM prone do be glitchy?

Would be happy to get some feedback or ideas....thanks for that.

Cheers

The Moose

Last edited by Swedishmoose; 20-06-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #2
Swedishmoose

Default Re: Interior lights

Well...

I checked again and so far so good. It hasn't happened again.

I still haven't replaced a faulty rear right indicator bulb. Could that have an affect on the functionality of the BEM?

Maybe that caused to earth out a circuit.

The Moose
Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post