Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 28-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
andrich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Looking at a MC LX wagon. Some advice

Hi guys,
im checking out a MC LX wagon for a mate later on and thought i would ask if anyone could shed some light on it.
Im a falcon guy so a little unfamiliar with the Mondeo.
Its the 2.3L/auto. I noted that it has the Durashift gearbox and not the powershift (heard about some dramas with the powershifts with the diesels but not sure about the petrol box's)
I know the 2.3 has been around for a while so just wanted to find out what it was like and if there is anything to look for. Same goes for the auto.

Obviously looking for all the usual things you do when you check out a new car but is there anything in particular to worry about?
Its a 2011 and only has 40,000km so im expecting it should be quite good (but km dont always reflect condition)
thanks in advance
Michael

-Herrod airbox, Pacemaker 1 7/8inch headers + 100 cell cats and Xforce 2.5inch catback, SSL/SSSL with bilstein shocks and whiteline swaybars, 4 pot Brembo/Red BBR's, 18% Tint, Silver Simmons FR1's in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 , XR50 tail lights, 4.1 diff gears
andrich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #2
borntoshop666

Default Re: Looking at a MC LX wagon. Some advice

Hi Mate,
they only use the Powershift for the Diesel. as it is a wet Clutch, there have been hardly any Problems. as long as it gets the required Oil change every 60000k's you should be fine.
The Fiesta and Focus have a dry Clutch Powershift, which apparently isn't as good as the wet System used in the Mondeo.
I would check out the Diesel rather than the Petrol as it is a better Engine, more Torque and better Economy.
I used to have a MB Titanium Diesel, done 245000 k's in 3 1/2 Years and only let me down once
Old 02-05-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
Binny

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoshop666 View Post
Hi Mate,
they only use the Powershift for the Diesel. as it is a wet Clutch, there have been hardly any Problems. as long as it gets the required Oil change every 60000k's you should be fine.
The Fiesta and Focus have a dry Clutch Powershift, which apparently isn't as good as the wet System used in the Mondeo.
I would check out the Diesel rather than the Petrol as it is a better Engine, more Torque and better Economy.
I used to have a MB Titanium Diesel, done 245000 k's in 3 1/2 Years and only let me down once
So if I have interpreted things correctly you had an MB Diesel for 245,000km, now have an MC Diesel and you have now ordered a new model diesel? You have obviously been happy with them if you are going back a third time. How many kms has the MC done?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:10 PM   #4
borntoshop666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
So if I have interpreted things correctly you had an MB Diesel for 245,000km, now have an MC Diesel and you have now ordered a new model diesel? You have obviously been happy with them if you are going back a third time. How many kms has the MC done?
Yes correct,
the MB was a novated Lease car in my name. When the Lease ran out the Company switched to Company Cars, no more novated One's. They chose Mondeo's for their Fleet. The MC has done 133000km's only in 2 and a bit Years, but is due to be replaced in July.
I would have no second Thoughts getting one privately