Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
jt-1994

Default clutch pedal noise

hi guys i have a strange issue, everytime i depress and release the clutch pedal there is a very audable clicking noise. its not the firewall because i just recently fixed a crack in it and its no longer flexing. The pedal box seems to be fine and not cracked either. Anyone expiriance something similar to this could it be the pedal box on its way out? thanks for any input

jt-1994 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: clutch pedal noise

Clutch cable ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
jt-1994

i changed that last year could still be the problem i guess...... also forgot to mention if im pushing in the brake pedal it doesnt make the noise pretty strange
Old 09-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt-1994 View Post
i changed that last year could still be the problem i guess...... also forgot to mention if im pushing in the brake pedal it doesnt make the noise pretty strange
That to me suggests that it may still be a crack in the pedal box. Is the clutch pedal sitting straight compared to the brake?

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

I think grippy may be right. Perhaps there's another issue with the peddle box?
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:47 AM   #6
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt-1994 View Post
This isn't strange - mine is doing exactly the same thing.

Just recently had the firewall done and a new clutch cable put in. Started to 'click' a couple of weeks after it was done.

Had a look at the firewall and it doesn't appear to be cracking again. Also, I haven't lost any feeling and/or travel in the clutch pedal like I did when it went last time. The clutch pedal seems to be in the same position as it should be.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread....

Mine goes into the mechanic this week to sort it out - will let you know how I get on.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
jt-1994

Yep the pedal is sitting straight and no issues changing gears either I was just thinking maybe the bolts and nuts that hold the box might be loose I'll have a look tonight
That's Ok Yeh if you could tell me what happens with yours that would be appreciated