Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
orb1
Starter Motor

Default LW Mk2 Sport with rear parking sensors

Has anyone been given a rough date for when the September built Sport with parking sensors should be here?

orb1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
SuperSal-SA
Starter Motor

Default Re: LW Mk2 Sport with rear parking sensors

No, but my dealer said the build date for this model with reversing sensors has been pushed out to October. Sigh...
SuperSal-SA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
jonohoang

Does anyone know the reason why it has been omitted from the sports range.

It's so weird its available on the titanium but not the sports, but only until Q4.

What is stopping it???
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
C0ncrete

Took delivery of my sport last week..loving the car.

I did mention this to the dealer and he said they had no idea why it was omitted.

Will it be something that can be retrofitted easily? By me even?
C0ncrete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
orb1
Starter Motor

Thanks for the info SuperSal-SA.

C0ncrete, it does not seem too difficult to do but the end result might not be quite as neat as factory fitted. Found some photos of older Focus install.
http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/cust...ford_focus.asp
Input from reversing light turns it on.

I was going to wait on the factory installed ones becoming available but if it is now October build that means November/December availability.
Can't imagine what caused the omission in the first place. Might just order one now. Shame the first mod might have to be sensors, was hoping for something a little more exciting!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
SuperSal-SA
Starter Motor

Another dealer I spoke to mentioned something about retro-fitted sensors not being compatible with the graphic display on the screen.. Which is really minor I know, ( especially since you have the camera option ), but something to consider. I'm not in a particular hurry to get my Sport so I've signed the contract, and now I just have to wait.. Hoping that it will be a Christmas present, worse case scenario !
Old 12-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
andrews
Starter Motor

Picked up my manual Sport two weeks ago and I don't miss the rear sensors. The rear camera is plenty, and you don't have the annoying beeping. Aftermarket sensors won't work in with the screen graphic, and will be wired to a switch under the dash. The inside word is that it's a control module/computer/parts supply issue. The Titanium runs front/rear/side sensors with parking function where the sport is rear only. But then again, you never know with Thailand. Just thank your lucky stars your not waiting on a Ranger....
andrews is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
yuruga

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews
Picked up my manual Sport two weeks ago and I don't miss the rear sensors. The rear camera is plenty, and you don't have the annoying beeping. Aftermarket sensors won't work in with the screen graphic, and will be wired to a switch under the dash. The inside word is that it's a control module/computer/parts supply issue. The Titanium runs front/rear/side sensors with parking function where the sport is rear only. But then again, you never know with Thailand. Just thank your lucky stars your not waiting on a Ranger....
My Sport is also 2 weeks old. I was miffed they werent there - but now I really happy I dont have them with the camera - no need.
yuruga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
entheos

We are all as miffed as the rest of you. There's been absolutely no information as to why...we have a titanium with camera and sensors in it already...but no sports with sensors.... Frustrating... and we're not hiding anything when we tell you we don't know....we just haven't been told anything by Ford...
Old 17-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are currently looking at the Mk2 Focus range and I just downloaded the latest Focus brochure from the Ford website and rear sensors are not listed as a standard feature on the Sport anymore.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I actually prefer the parking sensors to a rear camera. but you never get both.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
SuperSal-SA
Starter Motor

They are mentioned in the new brochure - in teeny writing under the Sport specs it says "*Reverse parking sensors not available on Sport model until September build vehicles." You can definitely have sensors and a camera, we test-drove a Titanium a couple of weeks ago and it had both. From memory the sensors enable a few things, like a graphic display on the screen incl. a projected path graphic, they don't just beep
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #13
SuperSal-SA
Starter Motor

Ordered my LW MK2 Sport with rear parking sensors in September, and got the call today to say it is here already - woo hoo ! I was expecting a longer wait, so I'm v. excited..
Old 06-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
orb1
Starter Motor

Good news! Would be interested in your overall impression of the car when you pick it up. Auto or manual?
Old 06-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
SuperSal-SA
Starter Motor

Thanks orb1. I've test-driven the Sport twice, one was a manual, one was auto. While the auto was great, I've always driven manuals, so that's what I've gone for. And having driven a euro-built car for the last 10 years, I am beyond happy about having the indicator stalk on the right-hand side, LOL ! Happy too that I hung out for the reversing sensors - I drove a Forester on the weekend, the reversing camera view was very distorted, so I know it wasn't a Focus but I'm glad I've got the reassurance of sensors as well.. Picking up the car on Saturday, yay !