Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Texas f-150

Default death of osama

so as an American, this forum is the only place i have to talk to aussies, and i like to hear opinions from other countries on certain key issues. So since this is the bar, and this is something i would talk about in a bar, what do yall think of the whole "killing osama" story, as an american and friend of several 911 first responders and heroes, id like to say i dont belive the story, seeing as how the man was dying of kidney failure and marfan disease 15 years ago, and how madaline albright in 2003 said they had his body on ice and would roll him out at a "politically expedient moment". What do you aussies think. And i will apologize now for ****ing anyone off with it, although you guys may be able to talk about it with out getting mad, as australia hasnt had to live under the "post 911" american sentiment.

Last edited by Texas f-150; 09-05-2011 at 03:30 AM. Reason: horrible spelling
Old 09-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
fmc351
let it burn

Default Re: death of osama

There was a thread on it when it was announced which got locked, so you could search for that for some thoughts from Aussies and Kiwis. This thread has a chance of staying, if it doesnt end up revolving around politics/race/religion etc, given the the nature of the topic, its gonna be hard to steer clear of all 3, I give it 30 posts.

Personally, I dont see how Obama could get away with what youre saying. Someone will know, and they will use that. Unless you think that Republicans and Democrats are working together to get Obama re-elected which doesnt make much sense.

The 'facts' about Bin Ladens illnesses may have been exaggerated during that time-frame to placate the notion he was getting away with it, as he at that point was still a free man. They also said he was difficult to find because he was living in a labyrinth of caves in an area riddled with them, if the current story is true, it turns out for at least 5 yrs he was living in relative comfort in Pakistan with his wife and family.

If OBL isnt dead, then its only a matter of time before we see that, AlQ wont sit on that, not for long anyway. The notion he was already dead doesnt make much sense for reasons I just explained. At worst IMO, he might not be dead, and is in custody, enjoying the hospitality of Gitmo.

Im betting on dead though, and that it happened the other day with a double tap.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas f-150
so as an American, this forum is the only place i have to talk to aussies, and i like to hear opinions from other countries on certain key issues. So since this is the bar, and this is something i would talk about in a bar, what do yall think of the whole "killing osama" story, as an american and friend of several 911 first responders and heroes, id like to say i dont belive the story, seeing as how the man was dying of kidney failure and marfan disease 15 years ago, and how madaline albright in 2003 said they had his body on ice and would roll him out at a "politically expedient moment". What do you aussies think. And i will apologize now for ****ing anyone off with it, although you guys may be able to talk about it with out getting mad, as australia hasnt had to live under the "post 911" american sentiment.
You must be in a minority to say those sorts of things!

Its funny how in 2006 a pakistani newspaper wrote that he had died of Typhoid while living in Pakistanand he was buried in the small village where he lived! The Saudi Military also some 6months later had also agreed that he was dead and buried. (Simple google search will reveal the articles). The rest of the world didnt buy it because there was "no evidence".

But yes it was a well known fact he needed a transplant.... so if he managed to live this long, where did he get this transplant from?

We are now to believe he is dead again, with no evidence to show it.
However one interesting fact with the raid is the crashed Blackhawk wasnt no ordinary Blackhawk. The tail boom and rotor has raised eyebrows all over the military and aviation world. No one has ever seen this design before. So the question now is, where did the funding come from for this new design? The remains of the main rotor hub in the compound matches that of the Blackhawk however....

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 09-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Tribal
OCD keeps me busy...

9/11 has simply been a key event that appears to have justified everything the US has done since, an event that I believe the US itself had a hand in - as well as polarizing the rest of the world into action that has cost billions of dollars and thousands of lives - for what?

I also find it hard to believe much of what is displayed and reported by the world media due to the absence of any real facts.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What is it with Americans and conspiracy theories

Do you guys have too much time on your hands or what.

I believe they got him, good on them & good ridance to a scumbag of epic proportions

Last edited by MAGPIE; 09-05-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #6
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

There has always been questions in my mind regarding the legitimacy of any of the claims, from either country...It does amaze me how they have DNA proof, however, I'm not quite sure where they got the matching DNA from, unless of course he'd been caught before, and which case, why did it take 10 years for the game of hide and seek to be over? (I must admit I avoid the media hype...so he may have been caught previously, and I've just never heard about it).

That's about all I've got to say that isn't controversial and won't cause this thread to be canned by about 8:30...

It doesn't matter what the event is, there will always be skeptics, however, when you go back through history - more than a few things are questionable about the whole matter, and many others for that matter.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez

Last edited by SEZ213; 09-05-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
Texas f-150

good commentary so far, staying civil. Not all americans are into conspiracy theories, most are at a baseball game or watching american idol But there seems to be alot of us who dont belive the story for various reasons. here's a clip from an article found here: http://www.prisonplanet.com/top-us-g...alse-flag.html

Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents and still works with the Defense Department, shockingly told The Alex Jones Show yesterday that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job.

Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist”. He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
Texas f-150

im glad no one is yelling at each other. after this thread lets have a texas/oz stereotype thread for a little fun. ive got to go feed my horse

Last edited by Texas f-150; 09-05-2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: cause...
Old 09-05-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
Texas f-150

or maybe a mad max quote-a-thon.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
...It does amaze me how they have DNA proof, however, I'm not quite sure where they got the matching DNA from, unless of course he'd been caught before....
Probably in the same way they can identify the DNA of a dead soldier from WW1 dug up two months ago in a paddock in France.....from a living relative....basic stuff (in DNA terms)....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 09-05-2011, 08:58 AM   #11
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Interesting, goes with what some of us in here think.

I'm not 100% either way but something is suspect with the whole deal in the last 10 years.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
Probably in the same way they can identify the DNA of a dead soldier from WW1 dug up two months ago in a paddock in France.....from a living relative....basic stuff (in DNA terms)....
I understand they can use relatives, but wouldn't they need both the son/daughter and mother to make an accurate match or is it difinitive enough with only one person? (I'm a little vague on the exact science of it...never really had to use it...)

And doesn't that kind of testing take a while, ergo, more than 3 days? The DNA test for kidney diseases takes up to 6 months to get results back from overseas...and it's sent to Switzerland, or does identity take a little less time than that?

Interesting link Texas...certainly gets the brain ticking - whistle blower or conspiracy theorist...? Which one is he?

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
And doesn't that kind of testing take a while, ergo, more than 3 days? The DNA test for kidney diseases takes up to 6 months to get results back from overseas...and it's sent to Switzerland, or does identity take a little less time than that?
Don't forget, CSI Miami's finest would of been on the case.. that or Dr House.

My opinion is that I don't really care. I'm not saying I would invite OBL over for dinner and a beer, but really what is the significance of him being killed?

He is at the top of the organisation, not the one actually DOING the acts, his death will only inspire others who hate the western world, so yes you got rid of 1 man, but have probably inspired and fuelled a lot more.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Not another one ?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

F-150, can you elaborate on the post 9/11 sentiment comment.
Are you talking domestic or international?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:08 AM   #16
sleek7

Have always been sceptical of US government stuff since 9/11.
Do I think the whole story is true? No i don't, I believe - A. he died years ago or B. they may perhaps even have him alive and faked his death?
Either way, just seems very suspicious.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I get the impression that he was being protected by the Pakistani government? If that is true then it will open up a whole new can of worms. The US does not want to find itself in a war with the whole Middle East?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
I get the impression that he was being protected by the Pakistani government? If that is true then it will open up a whole new can of worms. The US does not want to find itself in a war with the whole Middle East?
I think the US may have already fired the first barrage in this by crossing into Pakistan and making the raid without permission from Pakistan, I agree that Osama should have been hunted and caught or killed, either it didn't bother me, but at what cost to world peace, you can't just cross into others jurisdiction without permission regardless of who you are as this undermines a soverign nations authority.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351
Osama's sister died of cancer in the states not long ago. They used her DNA to match his.

Why would the government of '03 hide Osama for political convenience then wait until someone else was in office rather than the using it to keep the president at the time in charge?
Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #20
glavas

its funny because the usa is in about 14 trillion dollars of debt. to many people to many rights and to much ignorance
Old 09-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
glavas

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 09-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas f-150
IMO:

Was he dying from illness, perhaps. But how credible was the info to start with? Could have been propaganda to 'weaken' the enemy.

Is he dead? You bet. Imagine the embarrassment for the US should he emerge alive and well after his sea burial?

Was it a 'capture or kill' mission? Don't think so. If he were alive and in US custody it would give the others leverage to get him back. He would be more dangerous alive than dead.

Did he get help / protection from the locals / Government? Don't think so. The people there are extremely poor and it is very difficult to get out. The bounty and benefits offered by the US would have tipped many into spilling the beans. I think you could have counted the people who knew where he was outside of his compound on one hand.

Remember, the Bin Laden family was extremely wealthy and had a lot of clout, which is probably why the 'worlds most wanted man' took 10 years to locate.

That's my thoughts on the matter.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #23
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Osama's sister died of cancer in the states not long ago. They used her DNA to match his.
Yep, that'll do it as well.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
IMO:

Was he dying from illness, perhaps. But how credible was the info to start with? Could have been propaganda to 'weaken' the enemy.

Is he dead? You bet. Imagine the embarrassment for the US should he emerge alive and well after his sea burial?

Was it a 'capture or kill' mission? Don't think so. If he were alive and in US custody it would give the others leverage to get him back. He would be more dangerous alive than dead.

Did he get help / protection from the locals / Government? Don't think so. The people there are extremely poor and it is very difficult to get out. The bounty and benefits offered by the US would have tipped many into spilling the beans. I think you could have counted the people who knew where he was outside of his compound on one hand.

Remember, the Bin Laden family was extremely wealthy and had a lot of clout, which is probably why the 'worlds most wanted man' took 10 years to locate.

That's my thoughts on the matter.
Thats more than enough common sense for one thread thanks
Old 09-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #25
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
Don't forget, CSI Miami's finest would of been on the case.. that or Dr House.

My opinion is that I don't really care. I'm not saying I would invite OBL over for dinner and a beer, but really what is the significance of him being killed?

He is at the top of the organisation, not the one actually DOING the acts, his death will only inspire others who hate the western world, so yes you got rid of 1 man, but have probably inspired and fuelled a lot more.
That's about it.
The fact is no one really wanted to kill Hitler any road did they why ? because then they would have to deal with some other nut that they would have less chance to be able to predict what he would do. upsetting the apple cart like.
Now we don't know what the next idiot extremist and the lengths he would go to.
The leader of the USA is just a idiot.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #26
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't like Obama... or Osama for that matter, glad he's gone. But I don't think we shouldn't punish people because of fear of retaliation. You could apply that to every crime. Shut down prisons just in case the mafia gets angry, let crims rule the world... no thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #27
gtfpv
GT

i'd like to see this thread locked . too many of the same trolls with pompas, i'm right your wrong and if you not like me your a dumb fruark, menatality , do some research on the net , his whole life and facts are all over it type morons on here , spoil these threads all the time . so for the i'm right people who ruin every thread . can we please get it locked .
Old 09-05-2011, 12:43 PM   #28
Texas f-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123
F-150, can you elaborate on the post 9/11 sentiment comment.
Are you talking domestic or international?
both but mainly the domestic policy, and the general atmosphere over here is "well its a post 911 world, so you need to give up your rights" and now its turned to americans being the suspects, when ever we have a democrat , the enemy is domestic terror: clinton with right wing extremist during the 90's republicans its a foreign enemy: the ruskys and now the muslims under bush , but now its back to domestic terrorism, heres a report from the missouri branch of the terror threat fusion center system that lists supporters of congressman ron paul and bob barr, as potential terrorist

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13290698/T...eport-20Feb09-

basically what i meant by that is we put up with these things because of 911 where we otherwise would not.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #29
Texas f-150

well before the thread is locked here's this http://articles.nydailynews.com/2002...aden-osama-bin
if it was propaganda to weaken the enemy the new york daily news is in on it as well as several other news outlets. And as far as why would the bush administration let obama benefit on the death announcement question, it legitimizes the war and all the torture and tactics of the bush admin, I think the corruption transcends parties, thanks for the replies.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #30
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 FOON
I think the US may have already fired the first barrage in this by crossing into Pakistan and making the raid without permission from Pakistan, I agree that Osama should have been hunted and caught or killed, either it didn't bother me, but at what cost to world peace, you can't just cross into others jurisdiction without permission regardless of who you are as this undermines a soverign nations authority.
That is my biggest fear, the US entering into a war with Pakistan, etc.

With no intention of sarcasm whatsoever, seriously, can't we all just get along? Why all the hatred towards "western culture"?
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Closed Thread