Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Theres no black MOMO wheels hey?

Im having a disagreement with an idiot.
She swears that she has a MOMO wheel on her XR that has black inserts. Ive only ever seen and heard of blue, red, and the grey ESS ones.

Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

2 types of blue (Wild blue for T series and Metallic Blue for XR IIRC) red that was really only found on SI and Grey, another specific to T series.

Never seen a Black Momo wheel, have seen plenty of standard leather wheels in black however.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Davo, there was a black momo with red stitching that was available as an option on the Tickford EF/EL XR's. It looks very similar to the AU ones. The black ones are rare as rocking horse S..... !
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
T3man
Banned

Hmmm ... you could be in trouble calling HER the idiot ... I hope when she shows you her Momo you will act suitably humbled. Jeez I HATE it when a shiela is right. LOL.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

yep, definitely seen a Black MOMO wheel..
as said above, was in the earlier XR's.. EF/L..

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

I have a full black Momo wheel from the E-series on my AU1... I'll take a pic this arvo for ya.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoSR
I have a full black Momo wheel from the E-series on my AU1... I'll take a pic this arvo for ya.

does it look like the AU ones man..?

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #8
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Here's the EL MOMO wheel..
very similar to the AU ones...

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #9
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR1STO
Here's the EL MOMO wheel..
very similar to the AU ones...
Cheers for that... as thats the same one i have

Side note, might install mine into FeralTerra :P
Old 05-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Damn, that sucks. I was hoping it was blue so she'd trade me for my red one. Have to say though Ive never seen or heard of those before but they do look good.
edit: She remains an idiot for other reasons, so its ok that (for the first time ever) I was wrong.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

well i have an AUII pursuit with factory leather... and i think its an unbranded black leather momo wheel with controls...or is it just a plain-o leather..?

i dont know alot about ford factory details (newbie), but it sure looks nice ;)

(sorry for the bad pic, its a crop, and its too cold to go take an intentional snap ;)).
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #12
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats just the normal leather wheel, very common.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Damn, that sucks. I was hoping it was blue so she'd trade me for my red one. Have to say though Ive never seen or heard of those before but they do look good.
edit: She remains an idiot for other reasons, so its ok that (for the first time ever) I was wrong.
Well, if you were talking AU, then technically you're right; there wasn't a black version, but you could get a black one from an EF/L and fit it to an AU, which it appears is what she has. So you were correct in terms of AU options, but not on all possibilities for an AU (75% of AU is E series anyway - ducks for cover).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #14
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, well its interesting anyway, I do like the look of them. Was considering repainting mine red with some special paint but I might go black now.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #15
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO_XR
Thats just the normal leather wheel, very common.
is it wierd that that wheel is on a AUII xr8 pursuit then? has only had one previous owner, and being leather premium sound as standard for pursuit back then, i thought it would be momo if all the other xr8s ive seen had the momo with blue/red inserts while browsing to buy.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #16
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
is it wierd that that wheel is on a AUII xr8 pursuit then? has only had one previous owner, and being leather premium sound as standard for pursuit back then, i thought it would be momo if all the other xr8s ive seen had the momo with blue/red inserts while browsing to buy.
Not weird. possibly someone at some stage has taken the Mom and replaced it with a standR wheel - does yours have a Tickford plate in the engine bay with the momo listed? If not, then this is the wheel it came with (all Momo options were listed on the tickford plate in the engine may just near the radiator overflow bottle).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #17
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Not weird. possibly someone at some stage has taken the Mom and replaced it with a standR wheel - does yours have a Tickford plate in the engine bay with the momo listed? If not, then this is the wheel it came with (all Momo options were listed on the tickford plate in the engine may just near the radiator overflow bottle).

hmm.. seems i dont have a tickford plate in the engine bay.. it looks like its been removed if the 4 holes im looking at immediately left of the rad overflow is where it should be... interesting.
ill just call tickford and ask them to re-stamp a new plate for me with relevant info
Old 06-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #18
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
2 types of blue (Wild blue for T series and Metallic Blue for XR IIRC) red that was really only found on SI and Grey, another specific to T series.

Never seen a Black Momo wheel, have seen plenty of standard leather wheels in black however.

Um..... There's also a woodgrain version. I have one in my Fairlane Sportsman.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #19
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I dont mind that EF-L black leather optional wheel at all. The only problem, I have with the 'standard' AU leather wheel is it misses out on the 'chunky' areas at 2 and 10 (oclock)

I recently bought a black Momo gear knob for my XR (same as the red/blue gear knobs but all black) and was hoping that maybe Tickford (or Momo themselves) released the AU Momo wheel all in black, but no luck. One of those EL ones might go nicley though!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #20
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81
I dont mind that EF-L black leather optional wheel at all. The only problem, I have with the 'standard' AU leather wheel is it misses out on the 'chunky' areas at 2 and 10 (oclock)

I recently bought a black Momo gear knob for my XR (same as the red/blue gear knobs but all black) and was hoping that maybe Tickford (or Momo themselves) released the AU Momo wheel all in black, but no luck. One of those EL ones might go nicley though!

would go well....
finding a wheel would be the issue....

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #21
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Dont fancy my chances but ill keep an eye out!
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #22
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
My AUII Pursuit came with the standard wheel new too.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post