Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Default 408 Xd Ute

Ok guys I've been told by people in my inner circle lol (my father) about a XD Ute. There was a very nice GT with massive dollar running gear, wheels etc but he took it back to concours so took all the gear out and apparently put it in a ute. I knew the car with all this gear in it and new he took it all out because its worth more being original.
Now all this is through the grape vine, and I have been keeping an eye out for a deal and would like a ute as a runabout with the XY parked in the shed most of the time (driven once a fortnight if lucky).
All the running gear out of the XW was I'm told put into a Xd ute. Its got a 408w stroker with all the good gear (500+hp) which was specifically built to have oodles of torque, be driveable and run on pump fuel, rebuilt toploader, braced 31splie 9", massive after market big dollar barkes all round and a large set of FR simmons (brand new) all in an I think orange XD ute. Apparently he wants $14500 or so for. This is through my dad who does exagerate a bit so price might not be accurate but I know who the fella is and I know the guy who built the runing gear and now it is all top notch. I don't know what condition the ute is in but would be pretty good i'd say. Now thats more power than the XY has. I'm worried if I looked at getting it I wouldn't enjoy the XY as much but think I may still for what it is. I would like to maybe just put a stock clevo in the xy then so I can go on cruises. But a 500+ hp daily? (I only drive average 3times a week, 10km's round trip). Is this stupid thinking? Or I could transfer all stuff into the XY but the XY motor would probably be a worse daily as its a real pig and built to rev high not pull down low. Also there is a thing coming up next year in CQ which is a motor thing with drags, show, road race and stuff I'd love to go in but would be very scared racing the XY. Just want peoples thoughts on such a car to get around in?

Old 26-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
blownv8au
Pro Street Au Ute

sorry mate off topic but whats this motor drags and road race you speak of sounds good, do you have any details. thanks
blownv8au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
But a 500+ hp daily? (I only drive average 3times a week, 10km's round trip). Is this stupid thinking?
Nope, not stupid at all.
If that's all the travel you need for work, the the 500+ HP Clevo will be affordable to run.
Think of the time you'll save between the lights!

I think that ute has been on E-Bay, and was also in the local trader magazine.
I hope mine looks half as good as that if I ever get it done....

Ed
Old 27-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm58
sorry mate off topic but whats this motor drags and road race you speak of sounds good, do you have any details. thanks
Don't know a whole lot about it mate but they bring it up at every car club meet. Think it is being organised by a motor sport club. Its not till early mid next year and as far as I know still in the planning stages but will be great when organised to actually have something in the area. It will be spread over CQ though by the sounds off it. Like Rocky, Mackay, Gladstone etc.
Old 27-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #5
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD 351 Ute
Nope, not stupid at all.
If that's all the travel you need for work, the the 500+ HP Clevo will be affordable to run.
Think of the time you'll save between the lights!

I think that ute has been on E-Bay, and was also in the local trader magazine.
I hope mine looks half as good as that if I ever get it done....

Ed
Thats what I think too mate but not sure. I haven't seen it on ebay or in the local trader though. Bugger. Probably won't happen as I would like to get up a double carport first so the XY can have the two bay shed to itself. lol.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll buy it if u dont
Old 27-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
jakkes
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its simple you know him so just ask him what the go is and he will tell you and you hopefully wont miss out

jak

----------------------------------------------------------------
BA falcon XT mkII, 5.4lt, 5sp,
Y-code, xy windowless pano, 3 on the tree manual.
re-shelled xy falcon GT, manual.
1980 honda CX500 scrambler/dirt tracker
jakkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post