Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Default My Plates Stolen!!!!!!

well as the title stats my plates where stolen,
i was at my mates on the weekend and my car was parked in his driveway with the back end of the car sticking out of the gate a bit but late sunday night somoene desided thay whated my plates off my beleved AU *normal Vic plates PKB708* so when i whent out to the car monday morning i relised my plates where missing so i jumped into the car and whent down to the local cop shop in bacchus marsh thay put a report in and handed me a pice of paper so that i can keep driveing my car untill i go to vic roads and get new ones.
i whent down to Vicroads *the cosest one being Melton* and whent and stood in line for 1 and a harf hours.
i give them the paper and she gets new plates for me THEN she says that will be $30!!!! i was like WHY do i have to PAY for the plates WHEN someone stole them i dident have the cash at the time so i left.
So what am i to do pay the $30 and let it go or jump up and down.WHAT WOULD YOU DO

Last edited by POELWYK; 01-07-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: SPELLING DUE TO CRAPPY LAPTOP KEYS
POELWYK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would probably just spend the $30, and be happy the car wasn't stolen or damaged
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
Cookie-XR8
SKID IT

juat pay the money Sh** happens, be glad they didnt take your car, or your wheels, and hope they didnt steal fuel wirth them

BF XR6T Ute - 422rwhp tuned by FPT Toowoomba

Where the boost junkies hang out -Forced Ford Forums
Cookie-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTED-AU
juat pay the money Sh** happens, be glad they didnt take your car, or your wheels, and hope they didnt steal fuel wirth them

yeah i hope so 2
Old 01-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, thats some cool spelling there POELWYK.
Unfortunately you have no option but to pay for them because some lowlife ripped off yours. Were they personalised or just standard?, thinking if personalised someones got them hanging in the shed now.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

lol i tryed my best with the spelling seeing i got a Dogie Laptop lol there standed BTW
Old 01-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #7
myxr6
Banned

It's the same as having to pay to replace faded and unreadable number plates.Technically you don't own them , but it's still your responsibility to pay them for new ones.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 AM   #8
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

ahh well i gess im going to vic roads tomorrow to get myself a new set and then try and remember the god dam things and get a set of them 1 way screws
Old 01-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #9
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
ahh well i gess im going to vic roads tomorrow to get myself a new set and then try and remember the god dam things and get a set of them 1 way screws
Lol I know it's not funny Andrew but everything always happens to you. Pay the $30, get one way screws and wish karma upon the person that took them :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
LTDHO
The one and only

$30 is nothing as it could be a lot worse.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #11
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm a hater of pointless fees too. I'd wait till she's handed them over then just flex outta there. Government can go without the 30$.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #12
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get one way screws from Bunnings, hardware stores etc. Only problem is, once installed the plates cann't come off, the screw heads have to be ground off, to remove plates.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #13
Bmobile
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Best thing you done was to go down the cop shop and report them as stolen as it will get you out of the poo if the theif uses them for a crime. Looks like you don't have a choice but to pay the $30 as if you leave it go you will just be hit with a bigger fine for not having them on

If you were a real nasty type you would go to a servo and rip $30 from the bowser then drive off with no plates. I don't condone this sort of behaviour even though the fuel company's seem to rip off the motoring public. And given your luck you would get sprung for doing so anyway.

Best thing would be to just cough up and cop it on the chin.
Bmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #14
Ducati888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pay your $30 and pop rivet the new plates on.

Pop rivets are alloy and easily drilled out if you need to remove the plates, but why would you?
Ducati888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It sucks, but I'd rather pay your $30 than have to live with the big dent that some retard left in the left rear quarter of our car when they clearly could not reverse or enter a car park properly.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I doubt Vicroads will waive it. I never received my rego sticker in the mail for my new car, so waited till the day before the deadline, visited the RTA and, IIRC, they wanted $15 for a new one.

I never received the original yet I have to shell out $15!? It's not like I was making a scrap book of rego stickers. Couldn't get it unless I paid the $15. They wouldn't budge.

If you re-register and not receive one in the mail, they'll print you one up for free (well, when you pay the $350+)
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #17
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL
Lol I know it's not funny Andrew but everything always happens to you. Pay the $30, get one way screws and wish karma upon the person that took them :
Thats so true.... only this could happen to you Andrew, I mean out of all the cars in the town it was yours lol
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
Teflon Turbo
Banned

first plate/rego change should be free after that you pay the fee
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:58 AM   #19
POELWYK
Lost Boost Gained Class

Well i did it. I am now the proud owner of new standard victorian plates... rego XDO-235. Bye bye PKB-708 THIS IS NOT FAIR
Old 02-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #20
gz1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had the same thing happen a few years ago.
Had to get new plates cause the old ones had to be reported stolen and would end up getting pulled over if I didn't.
That caused a domino effect where I had to notify the insurance company, lease company, fuel card company and CTP. Ended up being a whole heap of paperwork. Somehow it would have been less work if they took the whole car.
gz1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #21
saam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its a grey area that is just a pain in the butt

paint the dam things on
saam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #22
Phase II
High Performance

I had my original plates, when i went to re register i had to pay a fee for new refective ones...... happens but i got to keep my original numbers.
Phase II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #23
reece1
reece1

Quote:
Originally Posted by POELWYK
well as the title stats my plates where stolen,
i was at my mates on the weekend and my car was parked in his driveway with the back end of the car sticking out of the gate a bit but late sunday night somoene desided thay whated my plates off my beleved AU *normal Vic plates PKB708* so when i whent out to the car monday morning i relised my plates where missing so i jumped into the car and whent down to the local cop shop in bacchus marsh thay put a report in and handed me a pice of paper so that i can keep driveing my car untill i go to vic roads and get new ones.
i whent down to Vicroads *the cosest one being Melton* and whent and stood in line for 1 and a harf hours.
i give them the paper and she gets new plates for me THEN she says that will be $30!!!! i was like WHY do i have to PAY for the plates WHEN someone stole them i dident have the cash at the time so i left.
So what am i to do pay the $30 and let it go or jump up and down.WHAT WOULD YOU DO
i would slap myself first for not having any money on me.
best thing you did but was report it as they probably used your plates to fill there car with petrol and not pay at the least. and then who knows. scumbags. plate theft is on the up and up these days
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they steal plates to put on their cars when they steal fuel. a guy in a servo recently told me he rang the cops for a fuel drive off, when he gave the cop the number the cop asked him to repeat the number. turns out the plates were stolen of the cops ( private) car while he was in the station they have no shame

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #25
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
they steal plates to put on their cars when they steal fuel. a guy in a servo recently told me he rang the cops for a fuel drive off, when he gave the cop the number the cop asked him to repeat the number. turns out the plates were stolen of the cops ( private) car while he was in the station they have no shame
i cant see that happening if the police station has the same fences ect... that ours have here in geelong

they have a key card entry to get in and out of the gate as well as more cameras than any place i have seen

just wondering where the station is located

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
i cant see that happening if the police station has the same fences ect... that ours have here in geelong

they have a key card entry to get in and out of the gate as well as more cameras than any place i have seen

just wondering where the station is located

Jason
they park their private cars on the street only the police cars are in the secure yard

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #27
FPV GT40
Banned

Police park their private cars on the street or the local car parks when they are at work, no secure parking unless you are the commissioner or close to him.

Re paying the $30....who do you think should pay for it??? Its your car, you lost them so you need to pay for new ones, quite simple really, if they had stolen your hubcaps, wiper arms and towbar do you think you could have gone to Ford and said they got stolen and gotten them replaced free of charge?????
FPV GT40 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #28
rusty 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

next set u fit use a bolt,
and at the back inside the bumper use two nuts with one of those double edged gillette razor blades in between the nuts.
just remember that you done it!! and remove them if u sell the car.
rusty 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #29
XW 393
"WHEEZER" POWERED

Want to talk about stupid charges for nothing, I have 2 sets of personalised plates and I wanted to swap them over on my car nothing else just change the plates. No worries sir that will be $110 thanks. A Re-Issue fee. Bulldust to them.