Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
FairlaneGreg

Default Have I been ripped off?

Guys,

I bought what was advertised as "Ford Factory manual" on CD off (you guessed it!) eBay.

I don't think it's the Ford Factory manual at all, more like a scanned copy of Max Ellery's manual or a Gregory's one or something.
It's 420 pages long, exactly the same as the Ellery one by coincidence!

This is a scan of the very first page in the document, which is the first Contents page. What do you think? Recognise it?

Cheers,
Greg

Bass player, surfer, into all sorts of stuff.
FairlaneGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

i have the ef gregorys and it doesnt cover el.in fact no fairlane either.deffinetely not gregorys.sorry thats all i can rule out 4 you.
FreddyDUZ747 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Blue_XR

Sounds like you have been ripped off. Try this link

http://pdftown.com/Ford-Falcon-BA-2...ice-Manual.html

To view you will have to download a .rar file
Blue_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #4
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Meh no point asking here.

Everyone will tell you to shutup and stop giving the seller trouble, since standing up for your rights on here seems to be the morally wrong thing to do.
Old 30-06-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEETR
quote romoved
Yeah, great. Really productive response.
Maybe you should go to Ebay yourself and go to "The Round Table". Somebody will listen to what you have to say there...

That aside...

Does the CD look authentic, or is it just a bumb CD with a printed piece of paper pasted on top?
If it was authentic Ford, would it have the Ford logo on it? I would have thought, since it's basically a trademark...

However, I am clearly not 100% sure...

Don't snap my undies.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 30-06-2009 at 04:27 AM.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #6
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

That's a Max Ellery's page. In any event, as far as I know none of the CD or online copies of EF/EL workshop manuals are legal - i.e. they have been made without the permission of the copyright holders.
Old 30-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

The Ford Factory manual was separate for EF & EL, I have the EF one at home and it is definitely longer than 420 pages on it's own.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Same formatting as my BA/BF Max Ellerys manual...So I'm guessing it's a scan of an ellerys manual...I paid $45 for mine off Ebay...Mine is a legit hardcopy though.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
Meh no point asking here.

Everyone will tell you to shutup and stop giving the seller trouble, since standing up for your rights on here seems to be the morally wrong thing to do.
Don't be so stupid.
Old 30-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Have you been conned????

In a word yes, i have the Ellery manual in front of me and it is exactly the same as the page you have shown, except for where they have erased the name of the manual from the vehical description at the top of the page.

It should read:

Max Ellerys-EP.F5- Falcon/Fairlane-1994 to 1998.....etc etc

Another give away is the vehical description is not central to the page...ie somthings missing....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #11
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Max Ellery has also been ripped off.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

If any one has the name and/or address of this ebay seller Max Ellery, and I expect also his lawyer, would be very interested. You can PM me and I will pass the info on or you can email Max Ellery directly at info@ellery.com.au

Note Max Ellery (see "About Us" at http://www.ellery.com.au/) is a Australian based business and the large volume of illegal pirated CD copies of their manuals being sold on ebay is not doing anything to help keep one of few remaining Australian based,owned and operated automomotive businesses viable. Note I have no official or business connection with Max Ellery other than being one of his many usually anonymous customers. He just contacted me today by telephone over this post to see if I could shed anymore information on the source of these CDs.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd support Max Ellery manuals if my binding on my AU manual didn't come apart the 3rd time I used it, now having 400 odd loose leaf pages. Of course an email to Max Ellerys came to nothing.

I would have been better off paying $5 for the pirate CD!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Max is based in Bendigo on Hattam St. I brought an engine off him 2 years ago.. Nice bloke, sad to see he is being ripped off
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post