Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 14-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
maldugs

Default Fiesta drivers side mirror

Hi everyone, need a bit of help here, last year I bought my wife a 2008 LX Fiesta, she loves the car, but hates with a passion the convex drivers side mirror, she says she can't judge distance properly, does anyone know how I can replace the drivers side mirror with flat glass? My Fairmont has the normal convex on one side and flat on drivers and she handles that ok. I would really appreciate any help with this.

Regards Mal.

maldugs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

You can't unless you get a special cut mirror..
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
maldugs

Thanks mate for the reply, do you mean dismantle the side mirror, take out the mirror and take it to a glazier, and get them to cut a new flat mirror, can this be done? and will it be legal?

Thanks Mal.
Old 16-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Yeah, that is the only way I am afraid.

Not sure on legality, maybe check with RTA and insurance company, maybe even an engineer, you never really know who to check with!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
maldugs

Hi rang cops, insurance, Rta today all ok with changing mirror on Fiesta, so going ahead with change from convex to flat, when I can work out how to get mirror out, by the way any other Fiesta owners having the same prob with drivers side convex mirror?
Regards Mal.
Old 23-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
maldugs

ok mirror is replaced, peace in the house, for anyone wanting to do the same, it is easy, the mirror is held on to the turning motor with clips which you can access by turning the mirror full out and up and down, just release the clips, using a small flat blade screwdriver, the mirror body the comes away in one piece, carefully prize the old mirror off the plastic holder, take it to a good glazier who will cut a new one to fit, silicone to backing plate, let dry o'night, the mirror just clips back into place, oh and when you take the mirror out at first, tape up the wires to the old heater element, the new mirror will not be heated of course.

regards Mal.