Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
dave289
Banned

Thumbs down Just recieved a fine for a car I sold almost two years ago.

I had a Nissan patrol for sale in late 06.I recieved a call at around 5.00pm one afternoon from a potential buyer who lived locally and said he wanted to view the car,I said no worries and he said he would be around at about 5.30 pm.about twenty minutes later I hear this almighty crash out the front of my house and come out to see my patrol destroyed by a woman driving a brand new toyota prado.she hit it that hard that it pushed my patrol about four metres forward and into my neighbours audi which was parked a metre in front of my patrol.She wrote off my patrol,her prado and my nieghbours audi which was rear ended by the front of my patrol which was pushed by her prado.her nrma insurance paid out my car in nov 06 and also the neighbours audi.I live in sydney and sold the wreck on ebay to a wrecker in victoria.he had it picked up by a tow truck and taken to a depot in sydney to be transported to victoria.it was picked up while i was not at home with the plates still attached.I dont think a notice of disposal was handed to the rta as i have had another vehicle written off once before and no notice was given then.all good so far.then just last week I recieved a fine in the mail for $185 to say my vehicle with the same plates as the patrol was parked in a bus zone in clarence street in the city of sydney.It says penalty reminder notice and the offence was dated 4th june 08.I rang them(state debt recovery) to say this vehicle was written off and paid out by the nrma and was then sold to a motor wrecker in victoria for wrecking.I have spoken to the wrecker in victoria and he told me It was stripped to a shell and sold for parts,he said he would write a letter stating this. I then asked state debt rec if they had a photo of this as they seem to take photos of everything these days and it was in the city,low and behold no photo of the incident(thats because my vehicle could not have been there).they said i was still liable for the fine.whats the chances of me getting stuck with this fine,remember there is no photo of the incident.Only last week I witnessed a car getting a parking fine on anzac pde for staying to long,they took a photo of the car both front and back and then of the parking sign, yet they have no photo for my fine and this was in the city on the 4th of june 08.

Last edited by dave289; 13-08-2008 at 01:22 PM.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
Falcon_Crazy
PX3 WildTrak & RTV

The RTA will see that the reg has not been renewed since 2006. Wrecker writes a letter, no photo. I'd be speaking with RTA to make sure they now know the car is disposed of. Lucky you have not had any speeding fines from cameras or reports of stolen fuel.

keep making phone calls and writing letters - dispute it in writing so they stop the process until resolved
BA Falcon RTV - Project Ute 265,000km
Sold PXII Ranger XLT Cool White. 105,000
Sold PX Ranger XLT in cool white, 151,700km on clock.
Sold FGII XR6T Ute LTD Edition in Kinetic.
Sold FG XR6 Ute
Sold BA Falcon RTV. 251,300km.Was a great mate for last 7 years

Sold AUII XLS Ute
Sold '85 XF & Crashed 84 XF
Falcon_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
dave289
Banned

This was the result of the accident for those that wish to see.the photos were taken by my neihgbour with the audi and were taken from 35mm film not digital ,so ive scanned them ,sorry if there not to clear.

she has actually put a big crease in the roof of the patrol.the front bar of my patrol was behind the telegrapf pole you see in the photo,I have a couple more shots downloading now, will show you shortly.forgot to mention she had two very small kids in the car at the time.it was broad daylight on a straight stretch of road.it appears she was doing at least 60 and must have looked to her kids in the back seat of her car and veered off the road and into my patrol with no brakes being used.if my patrol was not there she would have gone straight into the pole.

Last edited by dave289; 13-08-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 13-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Hally

Dave,

Had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago. Background is:

Had a Datto 180B we used to paddock bash. Eventually caved the front end into a tree, so sold it to a wrecker. Didn't take the plates off.

Anyway, 10 years later the got a letter from the State Debt Recovery Office advising my licence was going to be cancelled for no payments of a fine. Anyway rang them, got advised that the rego number and type of car etc, it click and WTF! Investigated further, found out that the fine was issued by the EPA for throwing cigarette butts out the window whilst the car was parked at a Manly beach.

I couldn't work out why I had anever received the fine in the mail. It transpired that because the car was still registered to me and then later lapsed, the address details never get updated in line with you changing other details with the RTA (licence adress, current rego's etc). That was my out in the situation as I hadn't lived at the registered address for 8 years.

Had to write a stat dec explaining the situation and it all went away.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a stupid b*tch (woman who crashed)
Old 13-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
what a stupid b*tch (woman who crashed)

yeh I guess she was but she actually did me a favour by crashing it.I originally bought the patrol of my mates girlfriend who did not need it anymore ,it was her old mans before that.I bought it of her for $2,000 exactly,it had powr windows,central locking,cd player,i think top of the line it also had six months rego when i bought it.I had a couple of cars at the time and it had been out of rego for a couple of months when the woman smashed into it.the nrma paid me a cheque of $7,500 and said i could keep the car.I then auctioned it on ebay and got another $1,876 which was not too bad considering I only paid $2,000 for it with the rego . :
Old 13-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #7
dave289
Banned

some other photos .

remembering my car was just behind the telegraph pole and my neighbours audi was just in front of it.
Old 13-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #8
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
yeh I guess she was but she actually did me a favour by crashing it.I originally bought the patrol of my mates girlfriend who did not need it anymore ,it was her old mans before that.I bought it of her for $2,000 exactly,it had powr windows,central locking,cd player,i think top of the line it also had six months rego when i bought it.I had a couple of cars at the time and it had been out of rego for a couple of months when the woman smashed into it.the nrma paid me a cheque of $7,500 and said i could keep the car.I then auctioned it on ebay and got another $1,876 which was not too bad considering I only paid $2,000 for it with the rego . :

whoa ...

anyone wanna come past my place?? i'll leave the monty out on the road
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #9
Rangas GTP

I remember that accident and the damaged she caused. Ambos were there for ages. My first thought was glad it was 2 blocks up from me, 2 props through the windscreen would of been very nasty. Think its bad driving through a school zone? try living in one.
Rangas GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave289
I had a Nissan patrol for sale in late 06.I recieved a call at around 5.00pm one afternoon from a potential buyer who lived locally and said he wanted to view the car,I said no worries and he said he would be around at about 5.30 pm.about twenty minutes later I hear this almighty crash out the front of my house and come out to see my patrol destroyed by a woman driving a brand new toyota prado.
What is it with Women in Prados, I had a BA flat tray writen off by a Woman in a Prado, I was sitting at the lights, fine clear day, had been sitting there for 10 seconds or so and she hit me up the rear at about 60 km/h, pushed the tray into the cab, lucky it didn't come loose but boy did it hurt.

I think you would get off the fine in court, insurance company owns the rego in a write-off if you check your policy.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

That street looks familar.

Yeah I would just keep hounding them with paper work and proof of were the car was and what not.
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #12
dave289
Banned

I went to the rta this afternoon to see what I could do about this fine.They said that there was no recording of a notice of dissposal being handed in but said that I had returned the plates on the 8th of may 2007.So I must have removed them from the car before it was picked up and must have had them sitting at home.The rta probably sent me a letter regarding this and that must have been when I returned them.For $18 they printed this information out for me stating I had returned the plates in may 07.So hopefully with this I should get off the fine.$18 was a lot better than the $185 fine.The person writing out the ticket must have taken down the wrong plate details when issuing the fine.I'll send this info off to the state debt recovery and hopefully all is good.I also have a letter from the nrma saying that they paid me out for my written off vehicle in november 06.