Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #1
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Attn Sunshine Coasters:

To all that live on the Sunshine Coast DO NOT park your cars anywhere near the Officeworks Carpark as there has been a spate of break ins and two cars stolen this week. I was speaking to people at work who park in that carpark and found that 4 peoples cars had been broken into in the past 2 months. One womans car was broken into (LR Ford Focus) however the theif must have been disturbed as they bolted and left the door wide open, and everything in the car intact. The cars taken have been a White VT Commodore, Blue VN Commodore and a Black VZ Commodore. Cars broken into vary. So just to give you the heads up so you don't park there and come back to find your car gone.

WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #2
Freshwat3r
EB II S pac

I parked there today , but was able to get away without any grief. I would have thought the people in kleenmaid/officeworks/camera house would be able to see any mischief, assuming you are talking about the Maroochydore store.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Yeah mate... would be helpful if you mentioned which store. There's more than 1 on the Coast.

I parked at the Maroochydore one Sunday but I'm paranoid when I do cause the parking area does look suspect.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #4
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshwat3r
I parked there today , but was able to get away without any grief. I would have thought the people in kleenmaid/officeworks/camera house would be able to see any mischief, assuming you are talking about the Maroochydore store.
Sorry, should have said. Yes talking about Maroochydore. That is the thing, you would think parking out the front of your workplace would be secure, obviously not.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #5
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found that parking there - all day anyway your better option is to use the MYER multi storey car park - there are security guards and Plaza staff constantly walking around which I think would definitely deter thieves. I have been parking there all day every day for the past 6 months with no problems.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Chamelion
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm, I park there all the time to go into woolies. Never had an issue.. Well, asides from idiots nudging my car with theirs!
Chamelion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
hy_boi
Alan! Alan! Alan!

Yeah, I always park close to the woolies where in full view, never near the office works.
hy_boi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't had any issues either when I do park there but a few others seem to be having bad luck. Admittedly the 2 knocked off were commies but the cars broken into and not stolen werent. I might add that of the ones broken into most of them were done in broad daylight and the two cars were taken at approx 6:30-7pm. The police said it is quite a common occurance at this carpark.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

when i was living at maroochydore and had my shop fitting car security i would have people come in all the time who had been broken into at the sunshine plaza, one of the worst spots on the coast that you could park.

if you have to park there for long (work) i would be parking as close to a main door / high traffic area as possible and fitting an alarm.
l know that a lot of people think that alarms are a waste of time because when one goes off no one rushes over to stop the thief , but you need the look at it from the thiefs point of view. if he is breaking in to a car he will already be nervous , and the alarm goes off , he only needs someone to look over and identify him to get him into real trouble so if the alarm is going off he isnt going to hang around long .

and keep moving your parking spot ... if some one is wanting to take your car and you park in the same spot all day every day while your at work, it wont take long for them to work out where you will be at what time and makes it easier for them to do their job without getting court.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post