Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-10-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Default Problems With My AU Dual Fuel

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my AU 6cyl Fairmont - Both Petrol & Gas problems.

I have had it converted to gas for a few months now, and I have been having a problem when its running on fuel & gas. The gas system is a Landi Renzo injected system.

It was running like a dog recently so I changed leads, which helped then changed to Gas Plugs, Cleaned air filter and that seemed to fix most of the problems.

So my problems are as follows:

1) On a cold start up the car will start, but almost stall, just ticking over coughing and farting for around 10secs before the idle picks up and grabs control of it. I have cleaned the ISC and it didn't help.

2) Running on Petrol my car has a major Flat spot from around 2000rpm to 3000rpm. When driving at highway speeds just over 2000rpm you can feel the car hunting, if you accellerate nothing happens except for more hunting untill it drops down a gear, revs above 3000rpm and then she flies. At high rpm it hammers, no problems, its just between 2000rpm & 3000rpm it has the issue. Im thinking fuel line related as It doesnt do it on gas. They fuel filter is not that old and i have chucked a couple of bottles of injector cleaner through her. I will change the Fuel filter this weekend to see if that helps but this seems to be different to when i have had a block filter in the past.

3) My third problem is gas related. As said it was only recently (5 months ago) that i had gas installed. The car has a major miss down low on gas, if you take off from an intersection or light and hit the accelerator quickly she will cough and fart around , if you hold you foot on the brake, with small acceleration (to bring revs up slightly) it will take off fine and runs great.

4) Yet again gas related, every now and then on gas (im running an injected settup) after i give it a boot full, like on the entry ramp to the highway, it wont rev out past about 3600rpm, yet again it coughs and splutters about, if i switch to fuel for a while then change back it seems to fix the problem. Im new to gas so could this be a freezing up issue or something????

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers guys

Col.

TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Coil pack on the way out ... it's the only thing that really fits all things.

It can cause the odd occasional hard start ... and it can cause low-down misssing on LPG ... but not so noticeable on the petrol side of things either.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Bugger. What about the no power between 2000rpm-3000rpm, would it cause that aswell???
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
sly
Sly like a G6

I'm having similar but slightly different probs - cold starts on gas same as above, but rough idle & big flat spot just off idle under light throttle, goes OK if I get up it.

Have cleaned throttle body, IAC and repaired hole in snorkel behind balance pipe. The car has symptoms of a vacuum leak as well (ventilation control issues), will be checking this out v soon. I suspect this may be causing my probs as vacuum would normally be high at idle & light throttle & not need much to upset.

Any suggestions as to best place to hook up a vacuum gauge? Most accessible is around PCV and vapour canister bit I'd prefer not to interfere with them. What's the thing that looks like a dashpot at the rear of the manifold near where the brake booster vac line comes out?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post