Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Jet-Star

Default Having a few issues converting my EF to a manual

I recently bought a complete conversion from a forum member that was out of an EB for my EF... I've ran into a little hick up regaurding the clutch cable, everyone who i've asked has said there is a hole already in the firewall, but I have spent quite a bit of time with the lead light wrecking my back looking for this imaginary hole.. Can any one post up a pic of there EF showing where the clutch cable actually goes through the firewall?, cause im bugged if I can see a grommet or hole of any description.

Also i've put the dash back in, but there is a 2 core wire coming from the drivers side kick panel with a black plug on it that I cannot figure out where it goes. I do not remember un plugging this plug, my mate doesn't either and we've looked all around the dash and up under it looking for a male/female partner for this plug.. It comes from the kick panel, is probably 2 1/2ft long, completly black and the plug has 2 round pins on the end, one insulted by hard plastic that comes to the end of the pin, and the other one is a bare pin.

I've only put the dash half back together, but its in so I don't want to rip it back out again unless I have to because im on my own from now on and its no fun by my self getting the dash back in. I'm wondering if maybe this plug is for something my model doesn't have (being a futura not a ghia or anything), if my description isn't accurate enough to identify it & where its supposed to go I might be able to borrow some ones camera to get a picture.

cheers

Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
Sundeep
Banned

The whole is definitely there. It's a whole plus an outwards bit I don't know the name for.

You've probably run your amp cables through it.

Someone will put up a photo shortly no doubt anyway.

No idea on the plug, photo?

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Jet-Star

Nah I had to drill a new hole to put my power wire in.. There is a hole there that has about 10-15mm of about 1/2" pipe sticking through but that has 4 or 5 wires wrapped in tape coming through it used:
Old 30-06-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet-Star
Nah I had to drill a new hole to put my power wire in.. There is a hole there that has about 10-15mm of about 1/2" pipe sticking through but that has 4 or 5 wires wrapped in tape coming through it used:
Thats the hole.. Is your car on LPG? Those wires will need to come out..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Jet-Star

Been back over the shed and had a little look around, the wires coming through that hole are for the factory fitted ford alarm, i'm guessing do it that way on the auto's cause its easier than making a new hole..

Heres a couple of pics, if this isn't the clutch cable hole im stumped.

And as far as that plug goes, i've been thinking maybe it was for the hands free kit that used to be in it. It seems a bit odd there is a loose pair of wires with a plug on them running by its self, as in not secured like all the other harnesses...

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 30-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
Christiaan

thats not the clutch cable hole, as it's too close to the brake booster by the looks of that picture..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 30-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #7
Jet-Star

How close should it be? It does look closer in the picture than it really is, but it still is basically right next to it... & Thats the only hole in my firewall in that area im sure of it... used:
Old 30-06-2007, 11:13 PM   #8
Christiaan

yeh then it's that hole.. Take a better pic from front on in front of the engine bay..
Old 30-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
Jet-Star

I would but thats all the pictures I can get untill I find my charger for my camera or buy some new AA's, I had to sit 2 almost dead flat AA's on a chair infront of the fire place for 20mins just to get my camera to take those couple of pics, now its complelty flat lol.

Don't suppose anyone knows where that plug is supposed to go? Or if my theory of it being for the hands free kit being likely? Cheers guys.
Old 30-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the plug is for handsfree installations. leave it alone.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #11
[T1PTOP]
Banned

that should give you a good idea where the hole will be.

it wont look like that one in the pic tho as its had a plate placed over it.
[T1PTOP] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Heres another shot of where the cable goes.