Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
Jet-Star

Default E-series Body Kits, Advice on what to steer clear of?

I'm buying a body kit for my EF futura as soon as I decide what I wan't and where I'll get it from. Just wondering what peoples opinions were on places they had dealt with? Doesn't just mean Victoria either as I'm freighting it all through my work so I don't care if i'm buying interstate...

I'm looking at after market kits, I've been pricing kits of companies like www.xxxbodykits.com.au www.ssv.com.au and so forth but I have seen a fair few shonky kits out there and don't want to get caught with one. Like theres this bloke I know with a VT with the VY kit on it, on one side you can fit maybe a match between the bumper and the head light, and on the other you can fit your thumb. Thats just one of the many horrible looking/fitting kits i've seen so any feed back on who people have dealt with would be great..

cheers.

Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 AM   #2
sexr6tasy
Banned

Hey mate ive got the venom body kit on my xr6 and it looks **** hot except the side skirts don't really like them so i put the el side skirts on and if possible deal with the company's directly like straight to venom in queens land you'll find most of the places will have to charge over heads to get the item shipped in ect. i've also found rip off places like a place charging $1200 bucks for a venom rear bar!!!!!!!!! venom in queens land delivered one to my door for $600 pays to shop around.
sexr6tasy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

are they fibre glass or the original ford plastic stuff?
my worry is the fibre glass will crack or mark with the simplest knock or rock.

brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Most aftermarket kits will require you to perform your own bit of surgery to get them to sit perfectly. My rear bar sat pretty good but my front bar needed alot of persuading to sit how it was meant to. Side skirts also needed some grinding here and there to get the doors to clear properly. I can't believe it but i completely forgot the name of the company i got mine from, it just slipped my mind. Does anyone remember???

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Most aftermarket kits will require you to perform your own bit of surgery to get them to sit perfectly. My rear bar sat pretty good but my front bar needed alot of persuading to sit how it was meant to. Side skirts also needed some grinding here and there to get the doors to clear properly. I can't believe it but i completely forgot the name of the company i got mine from, it just slipped my mind. Does anyone remember???
Or maybe you purposely forgot so no one copies your car! LOL, is MMM the actual bodykit or the company name?

While we're on the subject and sorry to hi-jack slightly, but does anyone know of some nice simple flat side skirts for e-series? Just something small to flow with the front lip. Also a similar design rear bottom lip is needed too for myself. Anyone??
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stay clear of trying to fit a holden bodykit to your e-series...... It has been attempted before and........no, just dont. :
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
sexr6tasy
Banned

Nah don't worry mate fiberglass is pretty tough stuff rocks will just chip it like a normal plastic bumper although i admit I've never actually hit something with my bumper to know about cracks lmao but from what i hear proper plastic can be plastic welded were fiber glass is pretty much ****** if its a decent sized crack can anybody confirm?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

sexr6tasy - yeah my dads on my back about me getting a plastic factory type body kit rather than fibreglass cos he says fibreglass will chip and crack really easily.
but as i said to him....the odds of finding a good quality gt bodykit for less than or equal to an aftermarket fibreglass copy is bucklies n none.
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
niko
likes falcon's

fibre glass is brittle so be carefull
Old 07-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #10
dac260
EL Futura.

or you could go genuine Tickford in good condition ;)

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=102296

Planned:
Lowering Blocks Ordered.
Low springs for the front,
dac260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

i have the venom front and rear bars and i have hit those stupid concrete things at carparks as well as the front end hitting the road while driving and all that has happened is paint has scaped off. I am surprised how strong it is. If i can find it i have a pic of one of my daughter laying in the front bar and she weight 14kg and the bar didnt move
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
sexr6tasy
Banned

When i was getting my front venom bar painted the painters complimented who ever made the bar saying its one of the best fiberglass jobs they've seen no corners cut made exactly the right way for strength ect.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #13
Thorp EB V8
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexr6tasy
Hey mate ive got the venom body kit on my xr6 and it looks **** hot except the side skirts don't really like them so i put the el side skirts on and if possible deal with the company's directly like straight to venom in queens land you'll find most of the places will have to charge over heads to get the item shipped in ect. i've also found rip off places like a place charging $1200 bucks for a venom rear bar!!!!!!!!! venom in queens land delivered one to my door for $600 pays to shop around.

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with these venom?
Website?? Phone No.??
Thorp EB V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #14
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

I thought they dont make the Venom kits anymore, thats what AWC/Fibresports said anyway...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:43 PM   #15
sexr6tasy
Banned

Yeh tonko they don't but if you ring venom direct they will whip some up for ya.

Venom Australia Pty. Ltd.
Shed 3 Lynne St
Caloundra West
Queensland 4551

(07) 5491 5311
Old 07-06-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Yeh tonko they don't but if you ring venom direct they will whip some up for ya.

Venom Australia Pty. Ltd.
Shed 3 Lynne St
Caloundra West
Queensland 4551

(07) 5491 5311
sweet as, they do fairmont ones aswell?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #17
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

If I was to get a gli EF/EL I would get the GTO kit, not many have it (it is a bit wild) but I like it. Ive seen it once in the flesh, its horn!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #18
Jet-Star

Yeah I've priced the Venom and the GTO kit from SSV, but I think im going to settle on the EL GT mock up from XXX.... I'll be picking it up saturday unless im talked out of it for a good reason... Any one bought from this www.xxxbodykits.com.au before?

Oh and I'm not worried if it has to be modded a little to fit right, i'm paying someone else to do it
Old 07-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #19
Jet-Star

oh and SSV sell those venom kits for anyone looking for one
Old 07-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #20
sexr6tasy
Banned

Personally i hate the el gt rear bars but i know theres always a cheap el gt mock up going on eBay doesn't come with rear wing tho if i remember correctly.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #21
sexr6tasy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
sweet as, they do fairmont ones aswell?
Not sure what you mean by Fairmont ones? if you mean venom front then yeh far as im aware not 100% tho might pay to ring and ask the grill might cause problems perhaps.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradensEBxr6

While we're on the subject and sorry to hi-jack slightly, but does anyone know of some nice simple flat side skirts for e-series? Just something small to flow with the front lip. Also a similar design rear bottom lip is needed too for myself. Anyone??
Try a sports, DJ or Brock...

hopefully soon im going for a full sports kit from AWC, not overthe top but visually lowers it a bit.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #23
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse06
Yeah I've priced the Venom and the GTO kit from SSV, but I think im going to settle on the EL GT mock up from XXX.... I'll be picking it up saturday unless im talked out of it for a good reason... Any one bought from this www.xxxbodykits.com.au before?

Oh and I'm not worried if it has to be modded a little to fit right, i'm paying someone else to do it
That website is funny. Check out all the VN Commodores with later model bodykits, and um... these are interesting
http://www.xxxbodykits.com.au/camry.htm

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2007, 09:56 PM   #24
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Steer clear of EB GT Bodykits they have only looked good on genuine EB GT's and Gretchie's car.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #25
Jet-Star

^^ Lol fair enough...

& yeah some of those kits do look pretty out there.. When I was talking to the bloke from XXX he told me he has BA GT front bars to suit fairmonts & ghias but not for the base model GLI/futura if anyone with a fairmont/fairmont ghia is interested

And sexr6tasy I don't like using ebay much and im getting this kit cheep im told (cause I work for a large autostore & I happen to know an employee that works for them). so I think i'll just get a band new kit from them
Old 08-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #26
pHaT`eL
Banned

That "EF" GT kit is a bit of an odd ball, rear bar is about the only thing that looks like an EL GT item.
Id stick with a Tickford kit or even the SVO kit, cant beat factory goodness.
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 AM   #27
Jet-Star

Who sells the SVO kit?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:19 AM   #28
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah dude, go factory tickford, i think ford knock the nail on the head when they produced the ef/el's. although the side skirts are nothing fancy, but i do think its the most simple and effective kit yet on an e-series.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:22 AM   #29
Jet-Star

I should price the factory kit before I go and jump in on this EL GT mock up kit.. If its going to save me a decent amount i'd go with one and a set of XR head lights and i'd be just as happy lol
Old 08-06-2007, 03:00 AM   #30
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nah don't worry mate fiberglass is pretty tough stuff rocks will just chip it like a normal plastic bumper although i admit I've never actually hit something with my bumper to know about cracks lmao but from what i hear proper plastic can be plastic welded were fiber glass is pretty much ****** if its a decent sized crack can anybody confirm?
Yes, it is good until you hit something, then it will just rip and smash off, wiped out a few front spoilers in my early days.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post