Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Default R.I.P.-XR is now an expensive wreck!

Well unfortunately yesterday afternoon turning into my street I lost traction in the wet looped the car up the gutter and into a tree. Dont know how it happened but it happened so quick there was nothing I could do about it once it started sliding.
Ive posted pictures of the damage to get peoples opinions on what I should do now! Considering its an XR and what i presume is structural damage repair is out of the question!
Fact of the matter is when it happened some people from across my street came out and started having a go at me and claiming im a "hoon" and I always drive like a "HOON"! I have no idea who these people are and have never seen them before and anyone who knows me knows im a very sensible driver who never engages in any "HOON" type of behaviour!
In the end they called the police and told them that im a "HOON" or whatever so i was interviewed and released without charge but am expecting a summons home delivered for Reckless driving and some other possible traffic offences!
I will not be able to claim this on insurance if i am charged which i am 95% sure will happen, so now ive got a 10,000 dollar wreck in my driveway.

I would like peoples opinions on what the best option is for me, the following scenarios are all i can think of at the moment so any advice or help would be appreciated:
-Buy a cheap/straight EA/EB/ED and transfer my engine, exhaust, suspension, wheels , diff over to that and then sell the shell etc. as a wreck or spares.
-Just buy a cheap e-series and keep the EL for a rainy day
-Sell the entire car as is.
and thats all i can really think of at the moment.
All and any advice welcomed!

EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
frd_crzer
:D:D

sorry to hear that mate. that is crap about ur neighbours. if i was you strip it and sell the parts and buy urself another e-series that way u wont be out of pocket. then take the shell of the car to sims metal and sell it to them and then there is more money you can get for your car.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
BenJ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ouch, that looks nasty.

My suggestion is to get a cheap EF/EL and turn it into an XR. They can be had pretty cheap these days.

BenJ
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L
Old 02-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #4
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

cut your losses, get another xr from auctions or wherever, salvage and/or sell the car in parts you should see some money flowing.. :P .. although it all depends on 'interest' =)
Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM   #5
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why are your 95% sure you will be done for hooning when you state you are sensible and do engage in hoon behaviour
Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6TickfordBoy
I will not be able to claim this on insurance if i am charged which i am 95% sure will happen, so now ive got a 10,000 dollar wreck in my driveway.

Fill out a insurance claim if you lost control in the wet and it was a genuine accident it will be repaired.
If no one was injured the police didn't need to be notified, now that they are involved you may have to tell your insurance company if your going to make a claim.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #7
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

if they didn't charge you i doubt they will summons you... esppecially if no-one was hurt.
what did you tell them happend?
how quick were you going around the corner?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

get yourself a nice cheap EF or EL sedan and transfer everything into it..... that'd be the best way out of it.

choose something in a colour you like, as you'll be able to then get the front painted to match, its a lot cheaper than doing a full respray
Old 02-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Prob is ive only got approx 2 grand to obtain a working automobile and to tell you the truth I do not have the time or skill to strip the car myself, I know there will be no prob selling parts off the car as most of the XR bits are very hard to come across second hand so selling all the parts to fund another car would prob be a good way to go but I need to get a car asap cos I dont like being stuck at home!

The police made it reasonably clear that I would be charged with reckless driving and "other traffic offences" so not hooning exactly but said that if i am charged I will get a summons sent to me! I think realisticly I dont have a hope with insurance as when i spoke to them they said if im charged then I cant claim because i was "breaking the law" so Im focussing on the most likely scenario and possible solutions!
EF XR8- Respray in Monza Red with Clear Coat, Custom Rear Bar, AU V8, EL GT MAF, Rebuilt and Strengthened Auto with Stage 2 Shift Kit, 2,500RPM Stallie and tranny cooler, Rebuilt Diff with 4.11 Gears, Custom Radiator, King Ultra Lows, Pedders Shocks, NL Concorde Rims.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #10
Dezza
Parts bin special

That's a sorry sight right there. Not good at all. It just goes to show how dangerous wet conditions are.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 03-06-2007, 12:01 AM   #11
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCSEDAN
if they didn't charge you i doubt they will summons you... esppecially if no-one was hurt.
what did you tell them happend?
how quick were you going around the corner?
As stated I dont know why i wasnt charged on the spot but they made it reasonably clear that I will! probably want to decide exactly what to charge me with other than reckless driving.
There's no straight of road longer than 50 metres coming into my street so there's no way i was speeding, was doing approx 15-25km/hr into the turn, as soon as I started accelerating out of the turn the car went.
I just blamed the weather and my cheap quality chinese import tyres for poor traction.

I think the issue it boils down to is that the neighbours stated to the police that I always hoon out of my street which I dont there are a number of actual hoons in my area so I dont know why they've singled me out! Just cos my exhaust is louder than normal car's means im a hoon and I think the local seargent is gonna use me to try and send a message!
Old 03-06-2007, 12:06 AM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
I just blamed the weather and my cheap quality chinese import tyres for poor traction.
and there we have it, never skimp on tyres or your car will end up into poles....... your car will only ever be as safe as the boots you put under it.....

plus, you know its got cheap crap tyres so should have been going slower
Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
XR6TickfordBoy
Now XR8TickfordBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
and there we have it, never skimp on tyres or your car will end up into poles....... your car will only ever be as safe as the boots you put under it.....

plus, you know its got cheap crap tyres so should have been going slower
Unfortunately its too late for shoulda, woulda, coulda.
The situation is what it is now and I just really need peoples opinions on what I should do from here not what i shoulda done or any issues relating to charges/ insurance.
Just want to weigh up my options in regards to the car with advice from people that have the experience and knoweledge to priovide me with it and that I value.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 AM   #14
holmsy
Banned

i would go get a decent ed futura for 2 grand. which isnt hard to come by. and transfer all the xr parts over.
sucks bout the neighbors. i have noticed alot of people hear a car being loud and straight away assume they must be speeding.
people are idiots unfortunately.
if you go to court or what ever id fight it and assuming you have a clean record or pretty clean. and some trust worthy people to vouch for you. you could get lucky and get let off.

edit: im an idiot. i meen ef,el not ed
Old 03-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #15
sexr6tasy
Banned

That sucks big time mate if my ef xr6 was to crash id be devastated i to have Chinese tyres could only afford $750 for brand new chinese ones not 1600 for fantastic 18inch ones as for this insurance buisness id say the police would have to prove you were driving dangerously, surly not you hit a pole there for your being charged. As for options with 2 gs id say buy some piece of crap ea cheap as possible then save up and part out your el or with luck get insurance you can then sell the ea again and wont lose much.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:56 AM   #16
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
get yourself a nice cheap EF or EL sedan and transfer everything into it..... that'd be the best way out of it.

choose something in a colour you like, as you'll be able to then get the front painted to match, its a lot cheaper than doing a full respray

My suggestion exactly, and I've got just the car for you! Check my sig...

If you decide to sell the car whole, give me a yell as I'd be interested.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:39 AM   #17
blur1
el wagon

you wont be charged, they are just blowing steam up your you-know-what. the neighbors dribble is hearsay at best. some form of evidence is needed, which the neighbors obviously dont have.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 AM   #18
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Unfortunately its too late for shoulda, woulda, coulda.
The situation is what it is now and I just really need peoples opinions on what I should do from here not what i shoulda done or any issues relating to charges/ insurance.
Just want to weigh up my options in regards to the car with advice from people that have the experience and knoweledge to priovide me with it and that I value.
Mate that is the BEST comment I've read in the E'series for ages. 5hit happens but you are dealing with it like a man. I take my hat off to you for the matureand sensible approach you have adopted.

Best of luck getting something on the road asap

Last edited by Racecraft; 03-06-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:45 AM   #19
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur1
you wont be charged, they are just blowing steam up your you-know-what. the neighbors dribble is hearsay at best. some form of evidence is needed, which the neighbors obviously dont have.
umm I think perhaps his car bent around a tree in their front yard might be proof enough

Last edited by Racecraft; 03-06-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:49 AM   #20
FPV 5TH

It was an Accident. Insurance should pay up. Police can do nothing other than give you a warning based on what the neighbours say. I for 1 would be fighting it in court if it came to that.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 AM   #21
malta123

sorry to hear that i think weve all done it just a few of us have been lucky i know iv done it nothing you can about it know though if you do decide to wreck it ill take the diff and manul if its got one just an expression of intereset
Old 03-06-2007, 08:26 AM   #22
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Well unfortunately yesterday afternoon turning into my street I lost traction in the wet looped the car up the gutter and into a tree. Dont know how it happened but it happened so quick there was nothing I could do about it once it started sliding.
Ive posted pictures of the damage to get peoples opinions on what I should do now! Considering its an XR and what i presume is structural damage repair is out of the question!
Fact of the matter is when it happened some people from across my street came out and started having a go at me and claiming im a "hoon" and I always drive like a "HOON"! I have no idea who these people are and have never seen them before and anyone who knows me knows im a very sensible driver who never engages in any "HOON" type of behaviour!
In the end they called the police and told them that im a "HOON" or whatever so i was interviewed and released without charge but am expecting a summons home delivered for Reckless driving and some other possible traffic offences!

I would like peoples opinions on what the best option is for me, the following scenarios are all i can think of at the moment so any advice or help would be appreciated:
-Buy a cheap/straight EA/EB/ED and transfer my engine, exhaust, suspension, wheels , diff over to that and then sell the shell etc. as a wreck or spares.
-Just buy a cheap e-series and keep the EL for a rainy day
-Sell the entire car as is.
and thats all i can really think of at the moment.
sorry to hear about you car mate

like others have said get an ef/el and transfer all your good bits

as far as your neighbors i guess you will have to wait to see what happens..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur1
the neighbors dribble is hearsay at best. some form of evidence is needed, which the neighbors obviously dont have.
actually in vic all the neighbors have to do is call the police and they will follow it up

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #23
Sundeep
Banned

Crap neighbours are the worst. I have a couple hags up my street who cracked it at my brother once for his subbies / caning it up the street now that his car is gone, they think it's me doing it or something. Every time I take the EA out of the garage and go round the corner my neighbour comes down and tells me the minga up the street is going to the cops to tell 'em I ripped a burnout.

I always say get 'em to come down and have a look at my tyres, the road and then charge her for having a big ** off mouth. Needless to say, the cops never come, and I will confront her if she does call the cops.

Anyways, what racecraft said. Good on you for facing up to what's happened and putting it behind you and looking to the future so easily. If what has happened to you happened to me, I'd skidtz it.

Sundeep
Old 03-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #24
Eroda

SUE People for Slanderous Comments Causing you to Not Being able to claim your insurance :P
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #25
bentles
Banned

oh man that realllly sucks to hear are the rims ok? i always loved your rims!

it really sucks that the neighbours were such ****s about it thats for sure. if your exhaust system is loud maybe you could get another set of neighbours to testify saying they never heard it revving loudly or something when the smash occured?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #26
EFFalcon
Last warning

call insurance and claim, see where it goes from there.
i wouldn't be making assumptions on what they're going to do yet.
no point getting another car if you juist end up getting paid out or the car fixed.
i'd wait for an answer
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #27
QIK006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroda
SUE People for Slanderous Comments Causing you to Not Being able to claim your insurance :P
And we complain that we are becoming more like the Yanks!

I personally would argue the point if it goes to court, be prepared for them to argue back though, that is one hell of a dint for only going 25km\h max, Gutters have a tendency of washing a lot of speed off.

As a young guy that is a member of a car club, getting the President of the E-series car club as a character witness, will go a long way to say that you have been responsible, only "hooning" at club sanctioned events etc etc. The Neighbours hopefully dont have any video footage of you being a goose in your street (A lesson learnt the hard way.....) The problem will be that you may have to blame your neighbours that do hoon and they may get a bit of unwanted attention from the police too.

With all this said, I think you may have gotten off this one scott free (when it come to the law) as the police would have charged you with something minor to get you a court date, and then brought more charges against you on the day.

Start the Insurance paper work ASAP.

My 2c worth
Old 03-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #28
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
What dodgy insurance company are you with? As I think you will find that this is not the case.......

If you were DUI then maybe they would void your insurance but not for reckless driving.

Running up the rear of the car in front is called reckless driving - never is one of those claims denied and I cant see it possible that your claim will be denied UNLESS you have not told them that your car is modified or you have insured the car under Daddy's or Mummy's name which exclude under 25 year old drivers.

These mods should of been disclosed, Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-Flo Cat, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Cat Back Exhaust, 18" Lenso "work" rims, sittin on King super super lows

King Super Super Lows may be your down fall

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #29
Eb Barbie
Banned

pHaT`eL: Mate, that sucks to hear :( I know how easy it is to do it, I've had it happen to me. Lucky for me the gutters were those curvy ones and I ended up on grass.

Id buy another E-Series and transplant the running gear into that as well as anything else you want.

If you part it out, let us know..
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #30
blur1
el wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by heljas

actually in vic all the neighbors have to do is call the police and they will follow it up

jason
the mere fact he wasn't charged or a crash investigation documented, (eg skid marks measured, est speed etc) will prove in due time he won't be charged. and yes calling the cops according to legislation has them speak to named offender (still presumed) and issue a warning only...unless proof of an offence is produced. i know this 1st hand btw. _2:
Closed Thread