Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #361
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: Dealer tactics

Discussing it with the wife is a form of mutual respect, not some sign of weakness. You're no less of a man to want to discuss something as serious as a car and both come to the same decision. For me, I get more joy from a decision we both agree to than just blindly purchasing something without added input from someone who shares my life.

That said, I chose my lease car myself but I still asked her her thoughts to get her unbiased opinion on it based on our lifestyle. She told me, if im happy, shes happy.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #362
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
I'd love to know or see the expression's on the husbands face when he comes home to find a brand new 50k kitchen that has just been installed without his approval or knowledge.

To those that query that they don't get the reasoning behind why a husband need's to ask his wife, it's simple it's a mutual purchase.
So long as they haven't removed the chain which keeps her bound to the sink I wouldn't have a problem.
Im always changing cars because I like spending time working on them.

She might as well have something new too, and a kitchen is appropriate considering she spends a lot of her time in it.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #363
Spurious

I thought this thread was about dealer tactics.
It's turning into an episode of Dr. Phil!

Any & every married man knows the saying "Happy wife = happy life". This is very true.
As it happens my mum wears the pants in the family, she's more like the government, what she wants...she gets & with little debate...what my stepdad wants...."ok we'll see if we can fit that into MY schedule sometime next week, is that ok honey?"

It' not really that bad with my pare's, but sometimes I wonder. Just to keep off topic my mum went into a Harvey Norman Ross store years ago (name has changed since). She wanted to finance a huge washing machine, the biggest one she could find. Salesman told her about $1000 & maybe she should "bring her husband in after work" to finalize the deal!!! LMAO...mum earned more than him at the time...LOL.
Mum was soooooooo offended, she NEVER went back & hasn't to this day set foot in one of those stores.
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #364
Kempe

I really don't know why they bother having salesmen as they have never sold me anything, they may think they closed the sale but they didnt, I looked at my options, then took time out to decide, made the decision myself, then purchased.
They are just paper filler outers
No doubt when I drove out with my new purchase they slapped themselves on the back for closing another sale, weird they are and so egotistical
Kempe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #365
Kempe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Noises View Post
I don't get this "asking the wife for permission" scenario. If it is a car she will be driving on a regular basis (ie, her car), she has complete say in the car she buys. If it is a car I will be driving on a regular basis (ie, my car), she has no say in the matter.

Yes I have a missus.
Now that most women are working and contributing money into the household they do have a say
Kempe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: