Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Default Help please with AUII Central Locking

: I cannot lock the doors on my AUII Sedan with the remote.

The doors lock then immediately unlock and this happens every time. I now see that the "open door" light on the dash is lit up and won't go out no matter how many times I shut the doors to make sure that they're closed properly. I have also tried a new battery in the remote but it does exactly the same thing. The remote activates the boot and panic alarm properly.

I have read a few old threads on this subject, where suggestions are abundant, but none have actually shown what has been done to fix the problem.

Any assistance, except from Fraud, will be greatly appreciated.

Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

have u done the correct steps involved to reseting the coding for your remote to match ur car , has to be done after changing battery in remote , there is a forum on this topic in the technical recources .
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Nope, I haven't, but I will now and see what happens. Thanks
Old 16-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

if i can remember rightly ( dont quoet me on this ! ). I think the procedure was something like the following ....

1/ get in ya car
2/ hold in the rear demist button , while still holding it in - turn the ignition on (dont start the car ! ) - ... within about 3 seconds the hazard lights will flash once to confirm its ready ..
3/ within a second or so of the hazard light flash, press open door or the lock door button on your remote ( either one ) .

DONE

I think that was it ... lol
Old 16-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #5
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
if i can remember rightly ( dont quoet me on this ! ). I think the procedure was something like the following ....

1/ get in ya car
2/ hold in the rear demist button , while still holding it in - turn the ignition on (dont start the car ! ) - ... within about 3 seconds the hazard lights will flash once to confirm its ready ..
3/ within a second or so of the hazard light flash, press open door or the lock door button on your remote ( either one ) .
Pretty close:

1.Turn ignition to accessories and press the Rear demist button 3 times
within 5 seconds. The door locks will cycle to show that it's in Learn mode.

2.Press the unlock button on each of the remotes in turn, turn the ignition of then the door locks will cycle to indicate that the keypads have been trained.

Ok, all done and it still locks the doors and unlocks them immediately again ??????????
GGRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!
Old 16-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #6
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Ok now my boss, she who spits fire and brimstone, wants to go to the shops, so I'll put my foot down and drive her there. lol.

I'll have a fiddle with the locks while she's shopping.
Old 16-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

It almost sounds like that smartlock problem thing , where if u leave your keys in the ignition and try to lock your doors it wont let you , maybe there is something wrong in the ignition barrel , making it think the key is still in the ignition .. i dunno - my help ends there fo now sorry ..lol , good luck anyway .
Old 16-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #8
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Ok I have found the elusive fix..to my problem anyway.. It is actually caused by lots of gunk collecting on the locking mechanism inside the door. Mine was the drivers side door lock or "actuator"

If anyone has the same problem try this first, before buying new actuators or anything.

Remove the door card first, then just hook up the elec window switch and put the window right up. This will give you heaps of room around the door lock.

Removed the three Torx screws that hold the lock in and gently move it away from the edge of the door without disconnecting any thing, either electrical or mechanical. This is restricted to a few cm owing to all the rods and cables connected to it etc.

Now spray the complete mechanism liberally with "INOX" getting the jet nozzle into everything. You can check with a torch and be surprised just how much gunk is washed off and how clean everything comes up.

Now leave it for a few minutes to "drip dry" before replacing it using the three "Torx" screws. At this point you can shut the door and try the remote and hopefully it will work perfectly as mine did.

Just put everything back together, sit back and have a beer and enjoy the fact that you fixed the problem for free and didn't get ripped off by some jerk who wanted to 'supply & fit' a new actuator.

Cheers and good luck.
Old 16-02-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippitydip
:

Any assistance, except from Fraud, will be greatly appreciated.
I loved this last comment! LOL!

GK
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #10
richardxr8

I had an actuator fail (passenger front) in AU and had to lock car with the key. Fraud quoted $150 for supply only and said "They are very common to fail - we sell heaps...."
I managed to open the actuator and find a plastic shaft attached to a large gear had snapped. Drill and tapped the broken shaft for a 2mm bolt (head cut off) and this has fixed it so far ! I guess if it snaps again, I'll be up for the $150.....
Cheap = plastic. Good would have been silver steel shaft with bronze bushes.
Lucky its not a korean el-cheapo built car....
richardxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #11
Stingray
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippitydip
Ok I have found the elusive fix..to my problem anyway.. It is actually caused by lots of gunk collecting on the locking mechanism inside the door. Mine was the drivers side door lock or "actuator"

This is the most common fault along with motors which wear out of adjustment.

For car handfree kits ..
Reverse sensors
Reverse camera
Central locking.
Spot lights.
Alarm upgrades for cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ed_wagon
The mob at stingray really care about their customers and dont just take the money, send the item and its all over, they keep in contact all the way through the sale and try to help out...

www.stingraycar.com.au
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
richardxr8

Well, it lasted a few weeks.....
Managed to get one trade for 115, came as whole door lock assembly ! just R and R the lot (or so I thought.)
Part number BA2 F21813A doesnt have the microswitch inside the motor/screw housing that tells the system when door is locked/unlocked ! The doors lock and unlock fine via keypad etc, but whenever/however you unlock them, they try to unlock 3 times (BEM doesnt know they just unlocked, so it pulses a few times...)
Rather than put up with the 3 unlock pulses each time a door was actually unlocked, I mixed and matched the old and new assemblys......
All fine now, but a trap for the unwary....... Who checks each and every detail of every spare part just before fitting.....

Oh yeah - BA2 assemly still has same plastic gear/screw.....
richardxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post