Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #31
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Clem 7 Speed Camera's..Police Caught Out!!!!

from what i can make out, the biggest issue with the changing speed limits is wondering whether or not there is a delay between when the speed changes and the camera's are activated.

if i drive past a speed sign that says 80, but after i'm past it changes to 40, depending on the delay, i could be photographed for doing 80 in a 40 zone. this is where the outcry is.

trusting that the people that run the operations in the tunnel are honest enough that the camera's aren't turned on until sufficient time has past to allow those who passed the 80 sign, to have passed the next speed sign.

this to me is the biggest issue. ordinary every day people, many of whom have probably never done much wrong, are now being accused of driving 40+ km beyond the limit, when in reality, there is a good chance they did very little wrong.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #32
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Ok... so driving slow is dangerous... driving fast is dangerous too... make up your minds? You cant argue using the same point that driving slow is dangerous ... just like when the adds say speeding is dangerous.

The point being made was that someone going slow was causing an obstruction in an 80kmh zone while going 60kmh.... Ok so what is the difference if I am doing 110 in a 100 zone and someone speeding comes up behind me (and they were doing 130kmh) and then proceeds to tailgate me because IM NOT GOING FAST ENOUGH ...???

Seriously guys... its the EXACT same thing....
The problem is the attitude... your in my way!! get out of my way.... Im in a hurry... THATS what causes accidents. Impatience.
Settle or you might burst a blood vessel. As has been stated a billion times ..... its all about driving to the conditions. Someone doing 80 is not driving to conditions on a 110km/h road and neither is someone doing 130 in a 110 zone if everyone else is sitting on a static speed ..... Sitting in a right hand lane when not over taking is also not driving to the conditions if the left is free no matter what what speed you are on so just settle a little and get back on topic?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #33
Ford17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Clem7 is dodgy and rigged. No doubt about it.
Read about it in my original post where I lost my licence in one unfortunate detour through that stupid tunnel.
Ford17 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2011, 11:18 PM   #34
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Not necessarily. Merging onto the Warrego motorway Thursday, a fencer, complete with trailer and landcruiser ute - decided that 47km/h was a good speed to go onto the Warrego...IN FRONT OF A TRUCK! The truck managed to change lanes after quite a severe bit of braking...but then the fencer proceeded to try and lose his trailer (and potentially the rest of his vehicle) with peak hour traffic around him. The merge is 100km/h, the rest of the traffic on the highway is doing 100km/h, trying to see what's coming...is not always easy, and trying to negotiate the brain dead dip **** in front of you who's going slow enough to drive miss daisy into peak hour traffic is NOT my idea of a GOOD start to the day...

Could be worse. I have seen someone trying to merge onto the F3 freeway 110km/h zone at about 60-70km/h at 5pm on a weekday. They were unable to find a gap to merge, so they came to a stop at the end of the merge lane. Causing all cars behind them to stop.
These are the people who are causing dangerous traffic situations. They should be fined a few hundred dollars and get a few demerit points on their licence.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post