Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
Dave0103
Starter Motor

Default Anchor points

Hi we are looking at buying an AU Wagon in the next couple of weeks, just wondering as we have THREE kids in car seats where the anchor points for the car seats are located in a wagon and how many are they they.
Thanks. :Reverend:

Dave0103 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
northey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ours is slightly earlier model but it has to be the same.
One point on floor behind rear seat; one on each side.
There's enough there for kids seats; it's been law that mounting points are there for ages now.

Look for plastic screw out plugs on pillars and on floor behind seat.

cheers
northey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by northey
Ours is slightly earlier model but it has to be the same.
One point on floor behind rear seat; one on each side.
There's enough there for kids seats; it's been law that mounting points are there for ages now.

Look for plastic screw out plugs on pillars and on floor behind seat.

cheers
Yep, what northey said!

Wagons are great family cars!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Wagon is not much different for size to the sedan... now that I think about it though, you could put two more seats in the back.... I currently have 1 baby seat in the back, but as the family grows, I would be looking at upgrading to a territory... maybe a turbo tezza... gl...

P.s. If you have too many kids, just pick which one goes in the seat, and which one is the anchor.... lol.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
I currently have 1 baby seat in the back, but as the family grows, I would be looking at upgrading to a territory... maybe a turbo tezza... gl...
Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh Turbo Territory!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 22-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

The two outboard seats also have anchor mounting points in the floor of the wagon behind the seat (covered by plastic lugs as previously mentioned). The middle seat has the anchor point built into the seatback on the wagons (at least in our AU2, it does).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The two outboard seats also have anchor mounting points in the floor of the wagon behind the seat (covered by plastic lugs as previously mentioned). The middle seat has the anchor point built into the seatback on the wagons (at least in our AU2, it does).
AU 1 wagons have them all on the floor! I say "all" of course, but I know mine does, assuming the rest do as well!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 22-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

AU 3 wagon, exactly what JC said!