Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2020, 02:13 AM   #31
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Slick 50

wow tiz gold in dez threads what a double thread mine

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #32
aceoutdoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicke View Post
This. The legal eagles can fight it out all they want...
My anecdotal experience as follows.

I've used it (the original formula before the brand was sold) many times before mainly in old skool stuff, revived a mower with next to no compression, went on to run for many more years, it was gold in my old TZR250 2 stoke bike, started like a dream after using and gained nearly 1500 more revs with a strong top end power curve, in an XR 250 with similar results, both ran quieter and smoother.

More recently used xcelplus in my Pathfinder with similar quietening down results (was a well run in car) would have liked to have known the long term results in that, shame it was rear ended on the freeway), is also in my current Terri, (jury's out)

As for whether I'd bung it in an FPV....no idea
aceoutdoor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2021, 08:35 PM   #33
Para045

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoutdoor View Post
This. The legal eagles can fight it out all they want...
My anecdotal experience as follows.

I've used it (the original formula before the brand was sold) many times before mainly in old skool stuff, revived a mower with next to no compression, went on to run for many more years, it was gold in my old TZR250 2 stoke bike, started like a dream after using and gained nearly 1500 more revs with a strong top end power curve, in an XR 250 with similar results, both ran quieter and smoother.

More recently used xcelplus in my Pathfinder with similar quietening down results (was a well run in car) would have liked to have known the long term results in that, shame it was rear ended on the freeway), is also in my current Terri, (jury's out)

As for whether I'd bung it in an FPV....no idea
I only just found out it was now being sold under the new name as I'd looked for it several times over the last 10 years to no avail

I originally used (the 2 stroke version) an old 83 CR250 MX bike that I used in the bush as a trail bike and after treatment, it revved much higher/harder than before and I actually rode that bike hard for ~5 years (probably 10,000km) with minimal maintenance before it had a light seizure

I then stripped the engine down and apart from a new set of rings and a light hone and reapplication of Slick50 it ran for another year or so before I sold it

Also ran it in my old 351c 78 F100 after rebuilding the engine bottom end and running it in and it made it run much smoother and I believed helped with getting rid of the lifter tick that was common on Clevo's

Also had a pump pack that I have used on all sorts from hinges and drawer runners to clotheslines and MC chains etc and all seemed to be much smoother afterward and it does seem to last longer than using WD-40, CRC etc

Now that I've seen it's available again (the original formula) I reckon I'll give it a go in my XR6T as well as my Blackbird MC