Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 22-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
lorbob

Default Ext. Windscreen Sunvisor

Hi All
I have not used this site to send request before, so I hope I am successful.
I own an 1/2008 MK2 Falcon RTV LPG model, we are caravanners and would like to fit a sunvisor for some protection during the middle of the day driving.
I am only aware of one company producing a sheet metal model with an alum. leading edge. (Hy-Way Sunvisors).I have noticed a moulded two louvre type fitted on some Falcon wagons, but I do not know who makes them.
So if any of the members know of a supply source, I would be pleased to hear from you. I also understand that sunvisors can only be fitted to utes and wagons.
Cheers lorbob

Old 22-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ext. Windscreen Sunvisor

know nothing about them mate , but i do seem to remember that the double sun visor may have been an original ford accessory, i could be wrong, i may have been thinking it was from an earlier model, but it may be worth a phone call to your local spare parts.
Old 23-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
block58
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have an AU accessory brochure which shows a front external sunvisor was available from Ford, and seeing as the BF ute windscreen shape is the same as AU it should fit

Brochure doesn't have the part no. in it though
Old 23-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #4
max_torq
From the Futura

I've been trying to find one too for my BA, after seeing a nice AU wagon the other day with the moulded sunvisor, but without luck But Ford do not supply them any more and none are available in stock. There is a generic aluminium mesh type that can be found on ebay.
Old 23-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
lorbob

Hi All
Thanks for the replies. I have made further enquiries since posting, and have ordered a unit from Hy-Way Sunvisors Lidcombe NSW 02 9748 0660.
They manufacture a sheet metal type with an alum. trim leading edge and centre mounting bracket as well as the side fixing, prime paint finish for just over $200 plus freight. These are made to order and about a three week delivery, so any of you are wanting a unit, order now and they can produce a few at the same time as they are making mine.
Cheers lorbob
Old 23-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
lorbob

Hi All
Further to my above post, I am told Ford did sell a plastic moulded type sunvisor, but after some time the material fatigued and was unsafe and discontinued.
Cheers lorbob
Old 24-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Yes they came on AU's, I think I went through 8 at last count and 3 windscreens, all replaced by ford or supplier under warranty. They were junk. They would split in half and shatter the windscreen or just separate and flap. I would glue them back together, tie cable ties around them, even tried fibreglassing. Nobody wanted to take responsibilty to put them on as the clearances were so fine, I actually ground the windscreen edge down and that lasted the longest at about 3 months (on a taxi) Ford basically gave up in the end.

They were good for extra shade though.

The E series ones were pretty good but wont fit AU or B series.

May still have one in the junkpile down the back but I reckon it would be stuffed.
Old 26-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
craig563
Starter Motor

New to here and the site is great for knowledge.
If anyone has a AU external windscreen sun visor could they please drop me a pm. Thanks Craig.
Old 22-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
lorbob

Hi All
Fitted up my Hy-Way sunvisor during the week, looks good and fits well.
For our '08 RTV ute the item no. is F075B BF series.
Cheers lorbob
Old 23-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #10
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorbob
Hi All
Fitted up my Hy-Way sunvisor during the week, looks good and fits well.
For our '08 RTV ute the item no. is F075B BF series.
Cheers lorbob
pics mate
Old 23-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These guys do visors. I see a listing for BA at around $300, not sure if its the same style as the other company.
Anyway I've dealt with the guy for custom handbrake cables and speedo cables and were happy.
Does plenty of stuff for old school cars,
Cheers, Dave
http://www.autocables.com.au/
Old 17-08-2020, 10:44 PM   #12
John G

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorbob View Post
Hi All
I have not used this site to send request before, so I hope I am successful.
I own an 1/2008 MK2 Falcon RTV LPG model, we are caravanners and would like to fit a sunvisor for some protection during the middle of the day driving.
I am only aware of one company producing a sheet metal model with an alum. leading edge. (Hy-Way Sunvisors).I have noticed a moulded two louvre type fitted on some Falcon wagons, but I do not know who makes them.
So if any of the members know of a supply source, I would be pleased to hear from you. I also understand that sunvisors can only be fitted to utes and wagons.
Cheers lorbob
Hi lorbob. Did you track down a moulded 2 blade type sun visor? I too are after 1 and I recently meet a young guy who had one on a AU wagon. He said it was on the car when he brought it off an old guy. I would kill for 1. Can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks
Old 17-08-2020, 11:06 PM   #13
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G View Post
Hi lorbob. Did you track down a moulded 2 blade type sun visor? I too are after 1 and I recently meet a young guy who had one on a AU wagon. He said it was on the car when he brought it off an old guy. I would kill for 1. Can you steer me in the right direction? Thanks
John G

It appears that lorbob has not logged on for over two years.

I'd suggest starting your own thread either in the ute section or even in the AU section (if it is an AU and/or ute that you own).

If you need help starting a new thread send me a PM.
Closed Thread