Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #61
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep def use the cream, but don't let it get to moist.. that will slow down the healing process.
Yes it is a good idea not to have an empty stomach before getting one done (I learnt that the first time, I should have suggested that to you.. sorry).
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #62
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, that's the stuff. I'll just keep using that then. So just do it so it's like a VERY thin film? If i poke it with my finger, should it feel damp/slightly sticky?

Yeah. I had whole bunch of blood tests earlier in life and one time I didn't eat beforehand and felt really light headed. I thought about it this morning, but thought it was the blood being taken from me that did it, not so much adrenalin part that could do it. Once i sat back up though I was perfectly fine, felt well enough. Got home though and ate a big meal, felt MUCH better. No need to apologise though =P, my lazy mistake!

Cheers.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #63
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Yeah, that's the stuff. I'll just keep using that then. So just do it so it's like a VERY thin film? If i poke it with my finger, should it feel damp/slightly sticky?
Cheers.
I wouldn't have described it as feeling sticky or damp, not sure if that is a good thing or not......
You don't want it to be to moist........ For me personally (and I am sure there will be those that will have their own views) I washed it every hour or so on the first few days (patting it dry or drying it in front of a fan even) and seriously only put the cream on 3 or so times a day..
After about 3 or 4 days it seems to start really healing and feeling a bit itchy (sort of).

Again others may have a different opinion... each person reacts differently and heals differently.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #64
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh, fair enough. I'll use a bit less.

I'll be washing it twice a day with showers.. Then maybe once or twice in between if i'm gettin dirty.

Should I wash it/dry it off every time i put the cream on?
Old 16-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #65
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by popinfresh
Ahh, fair enough. I'll use a bit less.

I'll be washing it twice a day with showers.. Then maybe once or twice in between if i'm gettin dirty.

Should I wash it/dry it off every time i put the cream on?
Different tattooists will tell you different things.

Be aware however that for your skin to heal it needs to be moist, soap draws moisture out of your skin, so the more you wash it the more bepanthen or moisturiser you should use.

Glad wrap has stayed on my tatts for a full 12 hours always, (well, antoher fitted when the first came off) and they have kept their colour pretty well. Use bepanthen, if it feels dry/flakey pop a dab on.

It's fun to go to the chemist and ask for nipple cream

(that's what bepanthen is...)

Looks good mate, glad you're happy with it! My parents would never pay for my tatts. They didn't get angry, they just said they were "disappointed" so it's awesome that you're parents can support how you choose to adorn your body!!!

Also, tatts are addictive. Never get "patent pendng" tattooed on you i reckon it takes about 3 weeks to become un-funny.

That's about the sum of my tattoo advice!!! Enjoy the needles dude!
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 11:34 AM   #66
MRSXR-8
I'm a V8 Mum..

Definately use the Bepanthen, great stuff.

Also don't pick the scabs as it can cause scaring, they soften each time you have shower and will come off easily in their own time. That's what i was told when i had mine done.

Thanx for the correction Group C, new it was something lke that. e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby (Ricky Bobby's father)....
Shut up, you little pot-lickers, or I'll shove you in the microwave....
MRSXR-8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #67
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, day two =P

It's gone kinda scabby I spose. Like there's little bubbles/raises in the skin, especially around the outline. In a couple little bits theres some little flaked parts. Also, after I washed it, there was some black left on the towel after i patted it dry, plus some little black flaked bit of ink/skin around it that I could smudge. That be normal?

I won't wash it between Bepanthen then, just but some more on top and keep it moist.
Old 16-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #68
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Yeah, that's normal, popinfresh. The top layer of skin will peel after a couple of days and there'll be some colour in it, but it's normal. I got a bit worried when that first started happening to mine, but it only peeled for about two days, then stopped and it looks wicked now.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #69
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whew. Awesome. I just want it to heal now so it'll look wicked again, heheh. Kinda looks like i've being branded with a cattle prod or something, lol.

Cheers Woz =)
Old 16-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #70
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

Haha. Yeah, don't worry too much about the peeling, mate. When mine first started I nearly packed my dacks. Mine's a fair size (not huge, but a good size), down the outside of my lower leg and I got it coloured and everything in the one go. So when it started to peel, there was a big area to lose skin from, and there was a lot of colour in it. All I could think was "I'm gonna end up with half a tat left and people are gonna think it's some stick-on thing that's half washed off". But once the skin peeled, the panic subsided and now it looks really good.

Like I said, mine peeled for about two days, but mine's a lot bigger than yours so you shouldn't have to worry about that so much. Just hit it with the Bepanthen whenever it dries out, whack on a bit of excess when you go to bed (a lot of it gets lost on the sheets, so a bit more won't hurt) and just try to keep it clean. Oh, and if you're anything like me, be careful whenever you do ANYTHING. I opened car doors into mine, walked into everything below knee height, knocked it on everything.

Just look after it, popinfresh. Keep it clean and don't pick at it. Just be glad you don't have to put up with leg hairs growing through it and being as itchy as yet unable to scratch it.

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post