Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Holden to Refund Buyers for Major Defects within 60 Days.

Holden to offer customers refunds, returns over major defects
Holden has responded to an ACCC investigation by introducing Australia’s first automotive refund and replacement scheme for customers who experience major problems in the first 60 days of ownership.
The ACCC examined a number of complaints by consumers and found that Holden is “likely to have contravened the consumer law” in a number of ways including refusing to repair cars serviced outside its dealer network or purchased second-hand.
ACCC chair Rod Sims says Holden “misrepresented to some consumers that it had discretion to decide whether the vehicle owner would be offered a refund, repair or replacement for a car with a manufacturing fault, and that any remedy was a goodwill gesture”.

Holden will offer consumers a refund or replacement if a defect prevents cars from being driveable within two months of purchase. Known as the 60 Day Policy, Holden says the voluntary program will provide customers “with a quick and easy remedy if their new vehicle experiences a defect that causes certain outcomes to occur within the first 60 days from the date of purchase of the vehicle”.
The brand has also committed to amending internal policies and revising staff training so employees are aware of consumer rights, reviewing recent complaints and being more open with customers.
Holden’s executive director of customer experience, Peter Jamieson, says “we do recognise there have been some situations in the past where we could have done better”.
“At times our responses to customers have been too heavily influenced by vehicle warranties,” he says.
“We have been proactive in reviewing how we respond to customer issues.”
Sims welcomed Holden’s response.
“These are great commitments that will have a significant and positive impact for consumers,” he says.
“The Australian Consumer Law includes consumer guarantees that provide remedies for major and minor faults in motor vehicles. The consumer guarantees operate separately to the manufacturer’s warranty, and cannot be modified to require consumers to have their vehicles serviced by authorised dealers in order to obtain a remedy.”
For all the latest info, visit our Holden showroom. http://m.drive.com.au/drive/motor-ne...PageSmallList3
Old 04-08-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
Sioso
irregular member

Default Re: Holden to Refund Buyers for Major Defects within 60 Days.

I already have a feeling the policy would be written up in such a way that practically no one will be eligible for a replacement car or refund.
I'd love to know how many customer cars they replace/refund after the first 12 months of implementing this.
Makes for good marketing though.......
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:31 AM   #3
Windsor220
Now Fordless

I thought there were complaints of Holden not honouring warranty due to non dealer servicing. Not sure how a 60 day policy is supposed to help that.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
bungarra

Meanwhile, 62 days after delivery........
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2017, 10:57 AM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And Ford has the blue mantis !!
Old 04-08-2017, 10:58 AM   #6
comfortablynumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220 View Post
I thought there were complaints of Holden not honouring warranty due to non dealer servicing. Not sure how a 60 day policy is supposed to help that.
I have been told that by Ford dealers in the past.

Just told them, "don't **** in my ear and tell me it's raining, mate. Been around too long to fall for that one".

"Well, as long as they are MTA approved then".....

"See ya later....."
comfortablynumb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2017, 09:57 PM   #7
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden offering a vehicle refund, now Ford giving money back for service "overcharging", these guys know they are about to ripped a new one by the accc, and are simply trying to buy back some favour with the general public.Reminds me of an election campaign when the govt throws money out like feeding the chickens.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 05-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #8
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I can't remember the details right now but under Australian Consumer Law you are entitled to your choice of a refund or replacement on any item up to $40,000 (I think) if it has a major fault
A major fault may be something that would have prevented you from buying it had you have known about it (the fault).
I haven't got time to look it up but I think that the $40,000 can be exceeded if the item is for personal use.
I'm not sure of time constraints.

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2017, 05:56 PM   #9
minheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest View Post
I haven't got time to look it up but I think that the $40,000 can be exceeded if the item is for personal use.
I'm not sure of time constraints.
If the good is over $40,000 and is normally bought for personal or household use then it still attracts the ACL warranties.
minheim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-08-2017, 08:09 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
And Ford has the blue mantis !!
Nah just over priced.