Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-02-2006, 12:54 PM   #61
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 5 out of the 6 Ford dealers I've let service my cars are incompetent HACKS. My opinion... but I'm probably a stupid fool as you suggested for not trusting these HACKS!!! :jab:

Mate 5 out of 6 mechanics I work with are hacks! : but you'll find that throughout the industry, as fair as this recall is concerned, it would take a major HACK to do any real damage.........whether people get the recall done is there own choice, but ford dont release recall for fun, its there for a reason
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #62
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
Mate 5 out of 6 mechanics I work with are hacks! : but you'll find that throughout the industry, as fair as this recall is concerned, it would take a major HACK to do any real damage.........whether people get the recall done is there own choice, but ford dont release recall for fun, its there for a reason
Cant argue with that. PM me if you work at a Ford dealer in Melb.. I'll get you to do it personally.. not kidding. At least you are honest and I respect that!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 01:52 PM   #63
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Had mine done. Almost didn't because of all the horror stories and delayed doing it for quite a while but then decided safety was a priority so had it done and haven't had any problems with it.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 08:48 PM   #64
Smudge
Starter Motor

Bit late I know, but I recently (last week) got the SRCC300 recall done on my XR8 I haven't noticed any difference in the steering at all.
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #65
stats2001
Starter Motor

Default Thanks for the help

well I had a look this morning for those stickers...Found one so will take a look latre to see if i can find more info on the car.

Thanks again for the help, and it is really appreciated.

Mark.
stats2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #66
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
For the record. Of the 200,000+ Au's on the road a grand total of 3 have had the steering rack issue to such an extent that it was a problem. Its not going to fall out tomorrow guys.
I've been told 5 or 6 have had the issue of the bolt actually coming out, but theres a few that have started to work their way out. I reccomend anyone who hasn't had it done, to get it done. Its for your safety and anything about it affecting your car afterwards is a crock. Its a spot weld on the end of a thread to stop a bolt being able to work its way out. No way there cold be issues after the recall. :
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post