Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
Vortex-98

Default AU power window problem

Ok when i bought myy car the p/s power windows wernt working,i took the window switch out an saw the front plug wasnt plugged in ,i connected it up an all is good...the p/s rear again had the plug not plugged in so i plug it in but nothing..i can hear this click sound when i press the switch an thats it
So what are the symtoms when the winddow regulator is stuffed as i want to isolate if its a reg problem,,even from thre drivers switches i get nothing for the p/s rear window all the rest are ok tho
Vortex-98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU power window problem

The regulator has most likely died and has to be replaced. its an easy job, just remove the door trim and punch out the rivets that hold the regulator and motor. im not sure how much a replacement regulator will cost - google is your friend.

However, make sure the contacts on the switch are clean, give the switch a couple of hard taps - most times this may work before replacing the regulator.

Good luck
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #3
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Sounds like the switches (both driver's and LR) need to be pulled apart and cleaned.

Reg will normally be heard working but nothing happens, this is the symptom of a stuffed reg.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2016, 05:48 PM   #4
Vortex-98

Contacts are clean same with the pin out plug sowith the window regulator if i need a rear reg are the plugs same throught the diffrent models liked if mine is a Fairmont can i use a fortes one.or ,xr / sr one
Old 19-12-2016, 08:10 PM   #5
Vortex-98

Will any window regulator work as long as its an AU
Old 20-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex-98 View Post
Will any window regulator work as long as its an AU
Try fixing the motor first - I pulled the motor apart on mine (SZ Territory) and it was all black on the commutator (?). I cleaned it and it works now intermittently.

But if it is the motor, they should be generic so any AU will do.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post