Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-03-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Default FPR Invites All

Read this today.........

FPR invites fans to watch all 2006 V8 Supercar Championship races at 'our place' this season. FPR's doors will open 30 minutes before Network Ten scheduled race broadcast times.

Ford Performance Racing (FPR) will open the doors of its cafe and merchandise outlet during all 2006 Australian V8 Supercar Championship Series races.

Ford V8 Supercar fans can view each race of the season on FPR's large plasma screens, while enjoying refreshments and taking in the atmosphere of being at the team's home base as drivers Jason Bright and Mark Winterbottom take on the challenges of each exciting event.

FPR fans will be welcome at the FPR Race Centre, located at 4/40 Glenbarry Road Campbellfield (VIC) 30 minutes before the scheduled start of each Network Ten race broadcast. Entry is free of charge.

After trialing the concept last season during some of the team's fly-away
events, which included a team phone-in to find out the latest from the pits, FPR
Commercial Director Rod Barrett is convinced that Victorian blue oval fans will enjoy the chance to come to "our place" during races held outside of Melbourne.

"FPR welcomes its supporters to the Race Centre on race days to sit and watch the team in action wherever they are. It is basically designed as a "meeting place" for FPR fans to enjoy the race on the big screens we have in the Race Centre in a casual environment," He said.

The team will promote the exact opening times of the FPR Race Centre in
line with Network Ten's broadcast schedule on the FPR website - once all local race broadcast times for the 2006 season have been finalised.

/ends.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
mrs xa coupe

sounds great, but im curious about the refreshments. I was refused entry at FPV day because I had a closed bottle of doft drink in my hands. I was told no food or drink allowed because "this is a shop you know" and was made to feel like a little kid !!!!!!!!! Needless to say I was kinda ИИИИed off. So it all seems a little strange now. Otherwise it sounds like a fun idea.
mrs xa coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
seano14
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah i'd say they would expect you to buy it in there. it's probably fair enough i guess.

you gotta pay for the drink sometime, may as well buy it from FPR.
seano14 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
F6man
force fed

What great idea!! Well done to FPR for involving there fans...
F6man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
Brute6
Lurvin' my Ute!!!

Yeah I went there to watch the China race last year. It was a great idea, plenty of people, they spoke to the race team in between the races. It really made you feel a bit more of a part of the team, but the dumb thing was that the telecast that Australia got was slighty behind the actual races, and the guy gave out what happened during the (next) race and also the results. Oh well.....but it was a fantastic day, worth the trip. Oh yeah, and refreshments were also free last year. Not sure about that this year though?

HERS: SZ Territory TS, Havana

Proud Member "FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic"

Brute6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV
while enjoying refreshments and taking in the atmosphere of being at the team's home base
Excellent... couch, esky, ice, tinnies and FPV stubby holder provided too? lol

Great idea, good to meet up with some others and watch the race with like-minded ford fans
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Hmmmmm....interesting idea. Maybe a chance to have more shows aswell

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

That's going to be jammed, it can't be that big, what's capacity?

Is the FPR cafe open all the time like a normal cafe?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #9
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

seeing its on workshop premisis id say it would be an alcohol free event

Where as it really should be a free alcohol event ill pull a seat next to you rodders and can on

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 01:40 AM   #10
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Sounds good...might be a great chance to have a AFF get together at the same time
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post