Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: How hard to change the steering whee?

it was quite a while ago when i had mine off , but i don`t remember it being anything other than a push on fitting.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #32
CONGO MILLENNIUM

Thanks Mik your correct it's a push on and carefully prize off
Better to be safe than sorry, my BA XR6 had little tabs to be squeezed as they're removed.
The Millennium Fairlane now has a Momo wood grain steering wheel Merry Christmas
CONGO MILLENNIUM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it does`nt hurt to be a bit cautious, i must confess i was a bit nervous mucking around with the air bags, i had it in the back of my mind static electricity could set them off........kept grounding myself every couple of minutes .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #34
NCII40
XR6T BA 2002

T30 with hole in centre for air bag screws

Old 01-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #35
xr8cam

The yellow plug for airbag just pulls off and pushes back on. The red connector has tangs to depress. I believe the Momo options have 5 sided tamper torx T30 and the standard wheels may use the 6 sided. Regardless, Kincrome do a full set of 6 sided Torx and Tamper Torx for under $40 and the 9 piece 5 sided Tamper Torx set is under $30 delivered from ebay. Total of $70 and there is so many uses for them besides the amount of Torx heads used on E and AU series cars. There are also steering wheel pullers for those who's wheel's are really hard to budge and don't want to trash the wheel by twisting it to loosen. With the cost and rarity of Momo wheels, I was happy to buy the correct tools and do it myself with clean hands and plenty of time to stay calm and do it properly.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post