Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

LOL, classic

One other thing I did when in the US was go to a "Outback steakhouse". I happened to choose Prom night to do it too.. the chaos was awesome.

Friends walked in first and got the table telling the girl at the entry they were expecting one more... nothing usual. Then I wander in and say "G'day, I'm with [friends names], they are expecting me." The word "G'Day" has a universal effect in the US.. stops them dead in their tracks.
"Are you AWWSTALAN??"
"Yep, certainly am, just dropped in to see how accruate your food is"

had 3 dedicated waiters for the rest of the night Prom night was a nightmare for the rest of them, no waiters.

Oh, and they had "Kookaburra Wings" on the menu.. like buffalo wings. They got very apologetic when I kicked up a fuss and asked how they would feel if we had resteraunts selling "American Bald Eagle Wings" on there menus. Yanks, no idea when you are taking the pi55 out of them :

Oh, one more... who else had to do the regular "let me explain something to you about Fosters.. no one drinks the crap" deal. They are all so proud when they meet an Aussie and say "yes, we have Fosters" then are shatteredwhen we tell them no on e touches the cat urine.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 04:23 PM   #32
big_pete
Sublime

haha, theres some classics in this thread

i think im going to have to try out the Whacking Duty one!!!
Old 22-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #33
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Oh, one more... who else had to do the regular "let me explain something to you about Fosters.. no one drinks the crap" deal. They are all so proud when they meet an Aussie and say "yes, we have Fosters" then are shatteredwhen we tell them no on e touches the cat urine.
Definitely, and I had to repeat the same thing to Poms. The difference is, Americans drink their own beer most of the time - I was staggered how many poms drank Fosters... (the pommy stuff tasted like VB though...)
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #34
ImpulseTaco
n00b

Quote:
Thats funny, I started a thread about beer here once and was "quickly" told about Fosters.

I'd drink VB or Tooheys if we got it over here :(
Old 22-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #35
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseTaco
Thats funny, I started a thread about beer here once and was "quickly" told about Fosters.

I'd drink VB or Tooheys if we got it over here :(
A quick note. Choosing VB or Tooheys over Fosters is the equivalent of drinking rats urine or Camel Blood instead of Fermented Skunk Juice.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 05:32 PM   #36
ImpulseTaco
n00b

I thought we had a concensus(sp?) that VB or Tooheys were the preferred beers?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong?
Old 22-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #37
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Coopers is the go, and yes, you can get it in he states (in California at least)
Regards,
Tote
Old 22-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #38
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
You're not. Friendliest people I ever met.. would have given me the shirt off their backs. I loved my trip to the US, came back wanting to live there.

Problem is the VAST majority of Americans dont really have a clue whats going on outside of their country.. or even their towns. Just the way of the culture there..
Totally agree, I met some Great people, But they kept asking me what part of England or Ireland I was from. I am not a bloody pom mate. And yes the kangaroos in the city are friendly.
I was there in sept 2004, had to set a few cab drivers straight, some made us belly laugh with what they were told by some aussies.. and believed ?? :
Hardest thing I had to do there was explain cricket that was on a channel in the sports bar. I was watching and the crowd noticed, they all crowded around while I tried to explain the game. ( Started with a LBW, finally got it through there heads why he was out, the next ball a leg bye : too hard drink more) The sports bars are great and the big black scary fella's are awsome. Thank for a great holiday you septic tanks :
Would love to spend a couple more years there.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 06:35 PM   #39
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Quote:
Oh, and they had "Kookaburra Wings" on the menu.. like buffalo wings. They got very apologetic when I kicked up a fuss and asked how they would feel if we had resteraunts selling "American Bald Eagle Wings" on there menus. Yanks, no idea when you are taking the pi55 out of them
I seen the wings !! Mentioned something too, and they explained to me very nicely they were not real Kookaburra _2:

And was always offered the aussie beer, told them I did not sit on a plane for 13hrs to drink fosters rubbish

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #40
crusher
Dirty ute club member

Yanks are funny buggers. Havent been there but Ive met a few and most have no freaking idea. Believe the most stupid things and you gotta explain so much to them.

No you cant just go walking in the bush for a few days. YOU WILL DIE!

Dont walk up to a roo and corner it trying to get pat it. YOU WILL GET YOUR STOMACH RIPPED OPEN!

They do usually wise up pretty quick though. And assimilate fairly quick. Even if they still do have those stupid *** accents.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #41
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseTaco
I thought we had a concensus(sp?) that VB or Tooheys were the preferred beers?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong?
Everyone has their own opinion. I'll personally drink VB or Tooheys New. Coopers is horrible.
Old 22-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #42
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

It's official the whole world is STUPID!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post