Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 17-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #31
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up

And the other consideration that the moderators of this forum need to take into account is the public's perception of the forum. If irresponsible postings were allowed here and a tabloid television show decided that it was a ratings winner to "Stop the forums that are causing road deaths in our young drivers" it is not inconcieveable that a case could be made to shut the forum down under our internet laws as it is based in Australia.
I, for one can see the benefits of the site guidelines to prevent this happening. If you want to discuss these topics start a blog and then you can be responsible for your own actions.
I think the moderators do a very good job of treading a thin line.
Regards,
Tote
Old 17-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #32
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

You're correct tote, but illegal footage is posted on other aussie forums also so if they were to shut this one down it would only make sense to shut down other forums like ls1.com and skylinesaustralia.com also because users on those forums post footage of illegal motor vehicle use on public roads and nobody cares.
Most of the stuff you can buy on DVD at the shops anyway so its not like they are completely illegal. Plus the content is always interesting, track battles and controlled burnout comps are so boring.
Seeing people drag race through traffic, drift through parks, and perform other illegal manouvers are always more entertaining to watch.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 09:11 PM   #33
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
I wonder what they blamed murders and car crashes on before tv and the internet
Radio?
No, I think that was Pagans & Communism :P

People have always said `society is going downhill, youth are on the wrong track, [...]'. That's why we call some people `old farts', because they winge about the good ol' days, respect, immoral behaviour, etc.

Banning videos = censorship, banning video URLs on forums = mainly legal reasons & admins don't want to attract bad members. There's a certain view of ethics most people don't consider. If we ban everything `against the law', you ban `0-100km/hr' vids, because rapidly accelerating is against `hoon laws'. So is doing 130 on a road in the middle of no-where with infinite visibility. And I'm sure the RTA could find something illegal about your car, tire wear, height, exhaust. But I digress; `illegal' and `irresponsible' are perspectives.
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 09:56 PM   #34
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggoggs
No, I think that was Pagans & Communism :P.
Damn., forgot about the cold war and "Reds under the Bed"
Old 17-02-2006, 10:32 PM   #35
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai
Where can I get it?

That's the big question.
some clips here...
http://www.streetracersonline.com/videos/ghostrider/
Old 18-02-2006, 01:04 AM   #36
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

People have the right of choice if you don't like it don't buy it, it's like jackass and other shows like that if you don't like it don't support it in anyway but give other people the right of choice too make their own opinion.

When is this episode of Today tonight on, or has it been and gone?
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post