Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #1
Falcon Freak
Banned

Default When did Mandarin disappear from the colour chart?

I noticed at the Melbourne Motor show that there are no more orange colours available in the Falcon range. I loved blood orange and mandarin was also good. Now no more orange. This surprises me as there isn't that many orange Falcons on the roads.

FF

Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Its been gone for close to 6 months now. Blood Orange was extremely popular, mandarin wasn't.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
NZ
~~~

I liked mandarin also.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #4
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it seems that if a colour is to popular ford just simply drop the colour, its happened to many popular colours over the years. Correct me if im wrong
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
xr8edute
Thats right baby X-rated

I wanted a blood orange ute but by the time i ordered mine manderin was all that was left.

Gotta say i am extemely glad of this because manderin kicks blood orange *** i reckon.
Really cool (except when dirty)

comments?

RIP The Gentleman, Peter Brock 1945-2006
I cant believe they demolished that fatefull tree!!!
xr8edute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #6
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
it seems that if a colour is to popular ford just simply drop the colour, its happened to many popular colours over the years. Correct me if im wrong
Yeah you're on the money there Josh, Ford are also just about to drop Rapid, as it is being sold like hot cakes at the moment. Expect to see it off the colour charts in the next couple of months. Not sure if FPV are keeping it though ?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
it makes sense. itll screw resale if all the 2nd hand cars are a majority of one colour :
Old 15-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantz
Yeah you're on the money there Josh, Ford are also just about to drop Rapid, as it is being sold like hot cakes at the moment. Expect to see it off the colour charts in the next couple of months. Not sure if FPV are keeping it though ?

yeh i heard rapid was going to be droped soon because its really really popular
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #9
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

My FPV friend told me the same thing, they rotate the colors to prevent a glut of any one color over the life of a model and its updates.

Mind you the new bionic is virtually the old electric blue, the new toxic is the old lime glaze. I believe a new orange is in the pipeline...no idea of timeframe though.
Old 15-02-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry 351
My FPV friend told me the same thing, they rotate the colors to prevent a glut of any one color over the life of a model and its updates.

Mind you the new bionic is virtually the old electric blue, the new toxic is the old lime glaze. I believe a new orange is in the pipeline...no idea of timeframe though.
Oh come on ;p Toxic is similar in some regards to Citric, but Bionic is like nothing else when you see it in the flesh. personally, it's too much for me (even though i own one in Toxic) but man doesn it stand out!
Old 16-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #11
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I will always be a fan of citric acid & toxic. Just about everyone i know HATES it. I love it.
From a visual perspctive I see velocity (light blue) as a rather popular choice. plenty of them about.
Old 16-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
I will always be a fan of citric acid & toxic. Just about everyone i know HATES it. I love it.
From a visual perspctive I see velocity (light blue) as a rather popular choice. plenty of them about.
Yeah i was looking for Velocity when i was buying my BA, but the colour had been discontinued about a week before! A lot of people hate my Toxic BF too, someone described it to me a few days ago as "pine lime splice", lol i just call it tennis ball green. The whole point of me getting it was that there are very few of them around, and i know the numbers will increase but even still, they will stay a lot more unique than many colours out there at present. One thing though, it's very difficult to clean, streaks very easily and shows up the streaks like black does..

When my mate first bought his BAI XR6 (black) he was cleaning it with a chamois, only to realise after about 10 minutes of elbow grease that the chamois wasn't clean, it was full of tiny little stones (must have been on the garage floor or something) and he scratched the bejesus out of the bonnet and front right guard. Black is just too hard to maintain (looks sensational though!)
Old 17-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #13
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Re-sale wont be good likening it to BLACK.. (plus I wont buy one if i hear that to many times) turbo 6 in citric acid are still fetching 30k so a while to go anyway.
Old 17-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #14
Borgod_F6

Last June I ordered my Tornado and missed out on Mandarin by a couple of days. Even though it was still advertised on the website available until July etc etc they had decided to cut Mandarin. They looked on their system if they could swap a car for mine to be painted Mandarin but I just missed out.

Damn shame as its one of the best colours Ive seen.
Borgod_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #15
RATT

Problem is that many like the look of Mandarin and Blood Orange, but not that many people bought XR's in those colours
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #16
Borgod_F6

Another reason why I wanted it
Borgod_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post