Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 17-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #61
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XW Stolen at Gunpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Fair call, I am just so over the negativity in everyday life. I really wish people could just keep their nasty opinions to themselves, all it does is drag everyone down and set the tone. You are right, swearing doesn't add anything to my argument, and only weakens it.

I agree, everyone has the right to their own opinions, but I think these people sometimes need to realise that most of us don't want to hear it. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you have to say anything if it is nasty and not constructive or is insensitive.

Can we all just be a little nicer to each other? Can we make an effort not to go for the lowest common denominator? There is enough bad stuff in the world, let's not add to it.

I honestly don't know why I get upset over this stuff, and that I should have learned to deal with it by now. But I then get upset again, and blow my top. Hmmm, anger management classes?
Spot on! Here we are a so called car community who should support each other in our common interests, constantly being dragged down by negative pure speculation when this type of thing happens.

It gets very boring.

Why not wait for the outcome and discuss it on its merits then, whatever the result turns out to be. Until then the facts are that a fellow ford enthusiast has had his car stolen at gunpoint.

A bit of empathy here will go a long way!

In the mean time keeping an eye out for anything that could turn out to be the thing that gets the car recovered should be the focus.
6 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 07:57 PM   #62
nz13boy

Smile Re: XW Stolen at Gunpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
Spot on! Here we are a so called car community who should support each other in our common interests, constantly being dragged down by negative pure speculation when this type of thing happens.

It gets very boring.

Why not wait for the outcome and discuss it on its merits then, whatever the result turns out to be. Until then the facts are that a fellow ford enthusiast has had his car stolen at gunpoint.

A bit of empathy here will go a long way!

In the mean time keeping an eye out for anything that could turn out to be the thing that gets the car recovered should be the focus.
Actually MOST of the "negative pure speculation" has been based on factual observations. It was a gunpoint robbery, of a not in high demand classic car, in the middle of nowhere, at night, white van getaway car yada yada...... Other little things that also happened make it look a little, strange. He could just be unlucky.

As for your comment about this forum being "boring" because of "perceived" constant negative comments, well I would rather read about peoples differing views on a topic and some debate then have everyone tow the line with yes sir, no sir, cookie cutter, follow the leader, goodie two shoes lets try not to offend anyone PC crap. That would be bloody "boring".
4 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 08:53 PM   #63
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz13boy View Post
Actually MOST of the "negative pure speculation" has been based on factual observations. It was a gunpoint robbery, of a not in high demand classic car, in the middle of nowhere, at night, white van getaway car yada yada...... Other little things that also happened make it look a little, strange. He could just be unlucky.
Not sure why that is strange.

Would it be less strange if the car was stolen by a guy in clown outfit driving in bright yellow Lamborghini with a siren on the roof in broad day light on George Street Sydney, thief using a water pistol?

Yeah, 100K falcon that can be sold for as much in parts would not be desirable to a thief.

Forums always bring out the tin foil hat brigade.

Last edited by Stefan; 17-06-2015 at 09:04 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2015, 09:50 PM   #64
nz13boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Not sure why that is strange.

Would it be less strange if the car was stolen by a guy in clown outfit driving in bright yellow Lamborghini with a siren on the roof in broad day light on George Street Sydney, thief using a water pistol?

Yeah, 100K falcon that can be sold for as much in parts would not be desirable to a thief.

Forums always bring out the tin foil hat brigade.
Followed closely by Cant see the Forest for Trees Brigade.......
Old 17-06-2015, 10:23 PM   #65
Tex Scrotum
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have the Political Correctness Brigade turned up yet?

Oh yes, I see they have.
This user likes this post:
Old 18-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #66
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

It's not about being PC, it's about not being a tool and having a bit of respect.

Ergo the clowns during the 1 minute silence for Ron Clarke...
Old 18-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #67
Iggle Piggle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
...it's about not being a tool and having a bit of respect.
Now I see the problem...somewhere you have made a wrong turn that has taken you to the internet.

Nothing but tools here; you won't find respect.

LEAVE NOW while you still can!!!
Old 18-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #68
snopony

i just ran out of popcorn.
Old 18-06-2015, 12:29 PM   #69
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Old 18-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #70
Tex Scrotum
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's not about being PC, it's about not being a tool and having a bit of respect.

Well let's see!
I (and others) say I'm a bit "suss" about something and all of a sudden I'm (we're) labeled as "nasty" and uncaring and whatever else by people who say we should all come together and sing Kumbaya.
You know I've been messing about with cars for the last 35 years and never in any other hobby or pastime have I been continually RIPPED OFF by amateurs, professionals, sales people ,scammers etc etc than the car hobby/industry.
The whole car hobby/industry is rife with ripoff merchants, criminals and low life's.

So when my radar detects something may not be right then hey ,from bitter experience I go with that feeling.
And yes I'm not always right but right often enough to justify my scepticism.

Just the other week I got ripped off by a so-called car enthusiast/nice guy who sold me some utter junk from guess where? Not more than 10ks from where this car jack happened.

But hey that's all part of the car game and you'd better have thick skin and a good nose for BS if you're going to play.
I wish it was a perfect (car) world but it is far far from that.

So please save the hugs and happy come togetherness for a recreational sport like drug use as that sport has much higher moral standards than what we're all dealing with in this sport!
4 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #71
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I have not see and I don't know anything about the ergo of the Ron Clark thing.

But I do know a lot of people down the Gold Coast who did not like the full on lying tricks he play in getting himself elected the first time, he did the exact opposite once elected, that he was claiming to do.

That may explain why maybe, the so called clowns ?

He gave himself a pay rise 2 weeks of getting in, when claiming totally he would not, before being elected.

The governor general should do their job and boot direct dishonesty like that, out of office for that type of cunning misleading dishonesty.

We have had a gut full of that type of rubbish going on up hear in QLD and people are getting very angry at been taken for mugs.
Old 18-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #72
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

EDIT

Keyboard warriors who need to feel like big men will always win, so I'm out on this one. The world would be a lot less ****** if people thought before they spoke, and tried to be kind, but I'm fighting a losing battle. Carry on.
Old 18-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #73
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
I have not see and I don't know anything about the ergo of the Ron Clark thing.

But I do know a lot of people down the Gold Coast who did not like the full on lying tricks he play in getting himself elected the first time, he did the exact opposite once elected, that he was claiming to do.

That may explain why maybe, the so called clowns ?

He gave himself a pay rise 2 weeks of getting in, when claiming totally he would not, before being elected.

The governor general should do their job and boot direct dishonesty like that, out of office for that type of cunning misleading dishonesty.

We have had a gut full of that type of rubbish going on up hear in QLD and people are getting very angry at been taken for mugs.
He still did a lot in his lifetime that warrants praise, so a minute was not too much to ask for. The jeers weren't for him, they were at Queensland and/or Gallen.

I'm not asking for world peace, just a bit of decency which shouldn't be too bloody hard.
Old 18-06-2015, 02:51 PM   #74
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How about this? If you have nothing nice to say, shut the **** up and get a life. There is so much negativity in this world, I can't even watch the news now because it depresses the **** out of me. Tall Poppy Syndrome is alive and well in this country, and the victims are always made to feel like it was their fault. How about the **** who pushed a gun in his face? How about the accomplice who was probably laughing watching it go down? How about the ****** dismantling it for parts in a nondescript warehouse?

Too many ****** these days think the worst in everything, and it's why I get the ***** with people and prefer my own company. Serious, grow the **** up and give this guy some support, not the third degree.

Rant over.
So why are you typing this then?? You are doing exactly what you accuse others of doing.

This is your opinion how is it more valid that anyone else's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra View Post
To those assuming and making comments regarding this being a scam, I will give you some advice based on having had a vehicle I dearly enjoyed being stolen. I was accused by people for doing an insurance job (car was actually insured less than it was worth though), even to the point someone informed police i had done an insurance job.

Fortunately, even though charged on hearsay evidence, I was fortunate a car theft ring got busted the night before I was due in court and my car was one of 10 found being stripped in a "reputable" workshop.

The people who were quick to claim an insurance job soon found themselves in court for defamation. Today with electronic footprints, this car owner could get a court order for admins to hand over details of everyone who has defamed him.

So be careful what you say or write, you can legally be taken for a lot of money as I did to those that made accusations against me.
I am guessing you know nothing about defamation laws, nothing defamatory to be found anywhere in this thread.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 18-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #75
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Scrotum View Post
Well let's see!
I (and others) say I'm a bit "suss" about something and all of a sudden I'm (we're) labeled as "nasty" and uncaring and whatever else by people who say we should all come together and sing Kumbaya.
You know I've been messing about with cars for the last 35 years and never in any other hobby or pastime have I been continually RIPPED OFF by amateurs, professionals, sales people ,scammers etc etc than the car hobby/industry.
The whole car hobby/industry is rife with ripoff merchants, criminals and low life's.

So when my radar detects something may not be right then hey ,from bitter experience I go with that feeling.
And yes I'm not always right but right often enough to justify my scepticism.

Just the other week I got ripped off by a so-called car enthusiast/nice guy who sold me some utter junk from guess where? Not more than 10ks from where this car jack happened.

But hey that's all part of the car game and you'd better have thick skin and a good nose for BS if you're going to play.
I wish it was a perfect (car) world but it is far far from that.

So please save the hugs and happy come togetherness for a recreational sport like drug use as that sport has much higher moral standards than what we're all dealing with in this sport!
Got to agree 110% with this, the car industry and especially the classic car industry is filled with crims and rip off merchants, I recently met another grub who was all talk and then basically attempted to rip me for thousands.

I have been driving, building and restoring classic Aussie Falcons since 1986 and have met more crooks and shonks and shady characters than any other endeavour I have part taken in in my life. People dealing in these cars, parts, after market industry and associated services are happy to rip you off even if they are fellow club members and fellow car enthusiasts or even so called mates, one of the reasons I no longer associate with car clubs but that is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nz13boy View Post

As for your comment about this forum being "boring" because of "perceived" constant negative comments, well I would rather read about peoples differing views on a topic and some debate then have everyone tow the line with yes sir, no sir, cookie cutter, follow the leader, goodie two shoes lets try not to offend anyone PC crap. That would be bloody "boring".
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
Nice opinion bro other people have a different view thats why this place works some people won't agree with you. By the way using ***** doesn't make your point carry any more validity you know what ether say about opinions everyone has one. As far as the gun goes its an unsubstantiated claim at this point but carry on and rant about something you or anyone else can not substantiate which makes your rant just another opinion
Come on guys!! Really?? Stop talking common sense, or you will get banned from the forum, using your brain and actually having a valid thought process is not appreciated around here

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 18-06-2015 at 03:10 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2015, 06:50 PM   #76
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post

Come on guys!! Really?? Stop talking common sense, or you will get banned from the forum, using your brain and actually having a valid thought process is not appreciated around here
Well said.
A forum should be for open discussion,not just p55ing in the pockets of the members of whichever little clique you're part of.