Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 AM   #1
raprex

Smile Falcon Rental

Hey,

not sure exactly how to go about this, but does anyone know where one could hire a recent model GT falcon or XR8/6T for use in a wedding? I've been looking through rental sites and they really only offer the euro cars etc.

we're looking at hiring for a day preferably. location around campbelltown to wollongong, NSW.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Can't say I have seen GTs or XRs are rental cars .. usually just base model Falcons ... and for Weddings ... the limo companies that offer different cars have a chaffeur to drive their vehicles around ... as I doubt they trust just anyone off the street to drive' their vehicles.

You could ask on here if others are will to drive their vehicles for you at the wedding.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go to a Ford dealer and ask for an extended (overnight) test drive of GT/XR6T :-P
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #4
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe Hertzs have some, or did have some xr6ts
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by raprex
Hey,

not sure exactly how to go about this, but does anyone know where one could hire a recent model GT falcon or XR8/6T for use in a wedding? I've been looking through rental sites and they really only offer the euro cars etc.

we're looking at hiring for a day preferably. location around campbelltown to wollongong, NSW.
Theres a limo company around that has a stretch Fairlane limo with 19" spinners on it if thats your thing....

Perhaps offer a forum member to borrow thier car with a nice "gift" in return.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
AnthonyQLD
Boss power

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
Go to a Ford dealer and ask for an extended (overnight) test drive of GT/XR6T :-P
:nutsycuck that sounds like a good idea
AnthonyQLD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

yeh i think its hertz have XR6's for hire, where i work we get them coming in all the time. mind you they are stock as a rock but atleast its a FORD :P
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
raprex

thanks for the info guys.

the hertz xr6 would have to be a last resort, we wanted a ford that would stand out (GT?) and have considered some XY's, but i prefer the BA.

is there any forum members with a GT/XR8/6T who would lend or drive us? we'd be paying of course.

a cousin did offer us one of his mustangs (chauffered) but we were needing room for 4 (+1 driver).