Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 16-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #61
jolli
Starter Motor

Default Re: tricks and tips for ur new focus

Hi there,

i think once you enter the test cycle you are able to scroll through the menus and you will find the speedo, this is a digital display. it will reset once the car is turned off and on again.

JOLLI
jolli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #62
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, this one is kind of embarrassing, given I've had the Focus two years...

I was driving the Focus today, and "!" pops up on the display. "Message" I think, so I fart around with the controls on the indicator stalk, trying to get out of the car what it's trying to tell me*. In the midst of all this, I discover something I hadn't come across before - steering set-up. It's currently set on "normal", as opposed to "sports" or "comfort".

I change the setting to "sports", and suddenly the steering is changed. I can't exactly describe it, except that it's heavier and yet feels more precise. A couple of times I over-correct, but then I get the hang of it, and she's steering like a dream, albeit maybe taking bumps a little more heavily (though I could have been imagining that).

It's not exactly a chalk and cheese change (maybe if you went from comfort to sports mode it would be), but I did notice a difference. I'm not sure exactly what process this involves, but I'm definitely planning on leaving it in sports mode, at least for weekend driving.

Anyone else tried this, or have you all known about it forever?

* I never did find out what the message was, because the trip computer insisted it had no message. Maybe the hatch had popped open over a bump, and then closed itself again over another one.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #63
ConradP

I fiddled around with my as soon as I got it and found that, it's been set to sport since day one.

Mate of mine got the Mk2 LV and it didn't have that option in the menu, it had a few different things but nothing that could change the way the car handled or any of that.
Old 28-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #64
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Hi In Focus, any how to hints, I can't find it on mine.
Prodrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #65
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Flick up (or down) the selector dial on the trip computer until you get to "Set (Menu)". Push the button on the end of the indicator stalk to select the list. Use the dial to scroll down the list until you get to "Steering", then use the button again to change the setting, which will probably be defaulted on "Normal".

This is for an LV CL, btw, so I'm not sure how interchangeable it is with other models/trim levels.

Old 28-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #66
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Thanks for that, I have LV Zetec 09.Will try it out later.
Old 30-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #67
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Nope I dont have that in my car.
Old 30-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #68
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This video might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zQ40rLmmEE

Old 30-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #69
Prodrive
Starter Motor

Thanks for the link. Went looking for it, only found msg, reset km, esp and other things but no steering. Will ask ford at next service.
Old 15-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #70
hnn17

Just a tip for the Focus LW, if you're installing the slimline weathershields by yourself.
There is a small pad of scotch brite that came with the kit and you have to roughen up the surface area before the weathershields can stick, it doesn't say on the instructions but it's a good idea to use masking tape to mark out where you scrub it. And once you over scratch those shiny black plastic pillars on your doors, there's no going back.

Does anyone have a tip on how to pull off the side mirror cover to get at the indicator bulb (no metal tools though) ? Thanks
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #71
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Well, this one is kind of embarrassing, given I've had the Focus two years...

I was driving the Focus today, and "!" pops up on the display. "Message" I think, so I fart around with the controls on the indicator stalk, trying to get out of the car what it's trying to tell me*. In the midst of all this, I discover something I hadn't come across before - steering set-up. It's currently set on "normal", as opposed to "sports" or "comfort".

I change the setting to "sports", and suddenly the steering is changed. I can't exactly describe it, except that it's heavier and yet feels more precise. A couple of times I over-correct, but then I get the hang of it, and she's steering like a dream, albeit maybe taking bumps a little more heavily (though I could have been imagining that).

It's not exactly a chalk and cheese change (maybe if you went from comfort to sports mode it would be), but I did notice a difference. I'm not sure exactly what process this involves, but I'm definitely planning on leaving it in sports mode, at least for weekend driving.

Anyone else tried this, or have you all known about it forever?

* I never did find out what the message was, because the trip computer insisted it had no message. Maybe the hatch had popped open over a bump, and then closed itself again over another one.
I've had mine set on sport for a while, I had it there at idle stopped, I can't tell the difference between the three turning the wheel on the spot, I thought maybe it would offer more power assistance?
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #72
Foconatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnn17
Just a tip for the Focus LW, if you're installing the slimline weathershields by yourself.
There is a small pad of scotch brite that came with the kit and you have to roughen up the surface area before the weathershields can stick, it doesn't say on the instructions but it's a good idea to use masking tape to mark out where you scrub it. And once you over scratch those shiny black plastic pillars on your doors, there's no going back.

Does anyone have a tip on how to pull off the side mirror cover to get at the indicator bulb (no metal tools though) ? Thanks
I'm pretty sure the owners manual shows how. You have to get behind the mirror to get to the globe holder.

Going somewhere isn't why you drive, driving is why you go
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #73
hnn17

The manual just say 'carefully remove the cover', doesn't say how. I gave up after a while and pulled the glass mirror out instead of the cover, got the same result and access to the indicator bulbs. Thanks
hnn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #74
kermitxbgswgn
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDYZ View Post
Nope it is available on all models. May be you are doing it wrong.
-Key in
-Press and hold right 'ok' button
-While holding ok button turn ignition on and continue holding 'ok' button until you see screen change and gauges sweep across.

Even ambiente does this.
I've tried this on my LW2 Trend and can't change the speedo setting.
kermitxbgswgn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #75
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus View Post
Thanks for that. Will see if my car has that function on the menu.

I found this video that shows the same... but has something interesting in it half way through, Seems that there is an option to display instantaneous L/h consumption?? Wonder if that was an option only on overseas models??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao1KWXeNk_0

Would love to have average as well as instant consumption readings.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #76
mutanti
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyr View Post
I've ticked the "Speed Limit" box in settings for the sat nav in my diesel Sport - and nothing - no indication of the speed limit at all.

Disappointing because my old Garmin Nuvi showed the speed limieverywhere.
I Have noticed this feature does not seem to work on al roads around here, and going along the newel highway it was sayinh 110 when it was only 100.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #77
Samurai_Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_bf View Post
How about extra trip computer functions?
Press and hold the right "OK" button, then switch the ignition on (don't have to start engine). Keep holding the OK button. After about 5 seconds the screen will change.
There are a bunch of screens you can use the right up/down for. On some of them pressing right will get related screens.
I like the guage sweep and digital speedo.

Works great on my Titanium.
James.
Did this and ended up reseting my trip computer:(

I was just about to crack below 7.9lp 100km. Hope I dont have to drive for another three months for the computer to work out my driving style and mileage???
Samurai_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #78
LordFordNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodrive View Post
Thanks for the link. Went looking for it, only found msg, reset km, esp and other things but no steering. Will ask ford at next service.
The car has to be stationary to get the steering menu showing, its designed like that you you cant play with it while moving :-)
Old 04-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #79
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDYZ View Post
Nope it is available on all models. May be you are doing it wrong.
-Key in
-Press and hold right 'ok' button
-While holding ok button turn ignition on and continue holding 'ok' button until you see screen change and gauges sweep across.

Even ambiente does this.
You know if this works on the new Focus ST? We don't have a "key" so not sure if it will. Going to try it anyways tonight

New Build Thread! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11396029

Old BF Falcon Build Thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317452
phil545 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #80
mutanti
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil545 View Post
You know if this works on the new Focus ST? We don't have a "key" so not sure if it will. Going to try it anyways tonight
My Titanium works fine to get into menu with button start.
Just hold ok Button and push Start button - Holding down Ok Button - Must not have foot on Brake or it will start instead.
mutanti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post