Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
T.M

Default Bilstein B12 Pro Kit

Been hearing from most on here that the Eibach pro kit springs are they way to go, and that you really need to get some matched shocks for the lowered springs, and found the B12 pro kit.

Main questions being; anyone gone this way? and any good?

I've been shopping around the internet and seem to find a lot of website list the part as fitting my car ('08 LT TDCi) but the suspension part numbers seem to vary quite a bit which doesnt help with my paranoia of spending ~ $700 on something that wont fit.

Anyone know what part number is this right one?

Cheers

T.M is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 
Default Re: Bilstein B12 Pro Kit

I am a bit confused by your post. Do you want to get the Eibach springs, plus Bilstein shocks? Or just the B12 kit? Because the B12 kit already has matched springs and shocks.
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
T.M

Yea, sorry, that's what I meant. That the B12 kit seemed like the easier way about it than buying springs + shocks separately, only issue being the variance in the bilstein article number
Old 12-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
ConradP

You'll have to find what one is for the tdci model, having a heavier engine than the petrol focus' they wont work in it.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

What shocks would match Eibach Pro-kit springs? Just the B4s?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

The B12 prokit is Eibach springs + Bilstein B6 or B8 dampers.

It looks like the part number you are after is 46-181299.

This is according to Demon Tweeks (highly recommended site): http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...-and-rear-30mm

in addition to the Bilsten Catalogue: http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default...C018004&12=100
Old 14-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #7
T.M

Cheers buddy, that's what I was after.
So I ordered the kit, should go nicely with the Whiteline rear sway bar I just put on.
Am I correct in thinking I'll need a rear camber kit when I put my new springs and shocks on?
Old 14-10-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I did on my Focus, how did you get the rear sway bar on? Mine has the wrong links.
Old 14-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #9
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I'd also recommend the rear camber kit to save your rear tyres.

Mate, the B12 kit is going to absolutely transform you car. Such a good purchase.
Old 14-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #10
T.M

Yea just the 22mm sway bar has made it so much more enjoyable to drive, I can't wait.

Yea I needed to buy different links as well, I got some from whiteline, part number KLC157, however they weren't cheap.
Apparently you can get standard LS focus links from ford that will do the trick.

Speaking of sway bars, mine developed a knocking noise at the back about 2 days after putting it on, couldnt believe how quickly a nyloc nut had loosened itself a few turns...
Old 16-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

What is the car like with the 22mm rear swaybar?

Mine has the prokit springs which stopped a LOT of the forwards/backwards roll but it still leans like a ***** in the corners.
Old 16-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
T.M

The 22mm sway bar does make it sit a fair bit flatter through corners although a part of me wishes I had got the 24mm bar.
In saying that I am very happy with the effect it has had, you will certainly notice a lot of the understeering tendencies of the focus will go away and it feels a lot sharper and more neutral through corners, if you throw it in a bit too enthusiastically you can even get the back to step out